Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    The answer, good Yup, is that Olevipoeg has been here since the long, long ago... from a time when these Eddies absolutely could and did drop from souls. It was a good change, ending this practice though... few things were quite as annoying as pulling WM or HS as your single 4* from a stack of souls! lol
    Definitely man, I still remember the first four star I ever pulled from a Gunner/Assassin soul. I thought I had finally gotten Tailgunner and No! It was another damn Soldier Eddie! Now, It's pretty crazy thinking back to how hard it was to get anything in the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    Now, It's pretty crazy thinking back to how hard it was to get anything in the early days.
    Yeah! i remember saving up 625 ironite for like a month, then popping 10 rare souls open...blue eyes....”Ohh! OK! another month with no new toon.”
    And the only G/A soul was day 24 reward (also flashing mostly blue eyes ofc)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    The answer, good Yup, is that Olevipoeg has been here since the long, long ago... from a time when these Eddies absolutely could and did drop from souls. It was a good change, ending this practice though... few things were quite as annoying as pulling WM or HS as your single 4* from a stack of souls! lol
    Damn, i feel really old now.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Yep I remember selling (back before sacrifice) quite a few HS/WM Eddie dupes... fortunately I didn't get rid of all of them though I must admit I did sell my last WM Eddie back in the beginning for 202 gold I think...

I requested a return from support and they helped me out, took the gold from my stash and I was able to complete that challenge.. Support told me at the time had I sacrificed him (which was not possible when I sold him) there was no possible way he could be returned to me, but I suspect others have had characters returned from sacrifice since...

Keep at least one of all Eddies you just don't know what's round the corner...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    Damn, i feel really old now.
    Right there with ya, man! lol

I never actually got a dupe WM, HS or Soldier (amazingly, given my usual luck in this game) but I felt for those who did.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    Definitely man, I still remember the first four star I ever pulled from a Gunner/Assassin soul. I thought I had finally gotten Tailgunner and No! It was another damn Soldier Eddie! Now, It's pretty crazy thinking back to how hard it was to get anything in the early days.
    The thing I remember most from the long, long ago was how hard it was to get a character to five stars! I used to marvel at EagleKnight's roster and wonder how the hell he'd evolved 100 characters to 100 when I was sitting with just SoL and Soldier at 100... and even that felt like a major achievement to me! lol
    Last edited by The Educated fool; 07-13-2018 at 05:25 PM.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Interesting.... not sure why they are still disallowed then.. I mean it's not like I haven't seen Mummy, RTTH, and SOL a bazillion times I actually had RTTH drop before ever completing Battlefield(?) where he's supposed to drop.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Dang EagleKnight, now there is name from long ago. lol
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Dang EagleKnight, now there is name from long ago. lol
    Sorry for completely high jacking this post but...WOW! i have also forgotten about that name...a true LEGEND!!!

OS
    iOS
    When I first started playing my first Eddie to 5 stars was soldier Eddie. The special was cool looking but I got tired of him so I sacked him as soon as it became available. I also had the allied general and the green dog they got the axe too. I went through a phase of wantin to collect one of every single Eddie but then at one point I asked myself “why? I’ll never use some them and I can always borrow a trooper’s if I want.” Perhaps I’ll regret getting rid of Eddies that don’t drop from souls or that are extremely unlikely to like Soldier Eddie. I just see the trend of the new Eddies having a lot more versatility in their abilities and they do a lot more. Kind of like some other games I’ve seen where the newer characters are just deeper and better in every way.

I remember back in the day when you used Soldier Eddies fury and the flag actually waved in the wind... but then at some point they starched the shit out of it and now it looks like it's being planted on the moon.
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...