Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defence Copied

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Hi T-man and Sidney, can you guys tell me (speaking of defence) will destiny talismans stack? I.e will you get 40% less damage done to the whole team if placing 2/4 characters in the PVP defence team with destiny talismans?
    I only have one set, but I don't think they stack, but I could be wrong. Have only run into this a few times.

OS
    iOS
    Lol. though I don't necessarily agree with that. Where is the originality man?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    The devs said they would not stack a while ago, when Destiny was a pay-only thing. Also, GPD + Destiny does not stack, as the larger number rules (so 35% > 20%).
    Thanks for confirming.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin85london View Post
    Hi Tman, I ve noticed that you tried to pm me. Sorry inbox was full ��
    I ve cleared few room, u may text me now ��
    Cool, I'll hit you back sometime today.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I have copied a few defences and attacks over my time - maybe less so now as the teams on show are all sort of the same at the top end of the PVP board - it is more to do with adjusting to a meta and having the toons to do it of course - no gods for me yet so cant do that but happy enough with the defence I have at the moment - it has been the same for a few weeks now and was the same before that for a while though I did test some stuff out a wile back based purely on me struggling to win vs the same team several times - it was a nightmare until I realised I made a silly mistake in my set up then I got why I could not beat that team.

No one really copies me but if they did I would be good with that! I thin it is more about the meta - my defence is never far off the defences of the top 50 players...other than I dont always have the relics they have. I have not really checked other relics in a while btu there are goint obe a lot of players out there with no just the 80% defence but close to that max on the attack side too.....I am a long way off that as arena is the bit I dont have a lot of manual play time for! I could see top players being close to auto play in arena with the maxed out toons, full roster and relics to the hilt....I am sure there are several on the forum close to that if not doing that already! Good for them too...I wish I had the mobile play time to do it but I can only play so much and it is all mostly grinding on auto play.
    This game is all about coping. People go with what works. Only a few toons are worth a crap in the arena during a particular meta. It also appear to me the relics aren't always active. But that is a topic for another time..

OS
    iOS
    I would have no problem with someone using the same characters as me though I don't think anyone does as far as defense because I don't have Primordials so I had to be a bit more creative. Even without the current IE/Prisoner meta defense I still manage between 25-30% Defense wins. I never had much success when I did try and copy some of the top guys defenses. Maybe it was the talismans maybe it was the relics.

My favorite attack team was created by me but I was surprised to find a couple of others using it as a defense. Like others said isn't really about copying as it is using what is working well at the moment. Some character change and synergies work better than before so that's what people gravitate to. Early in the week rollover I will test different odd characters to try and discover something new. Recently I was playing with Magus Golden Son and found his heals to be insanely high on perfect hits. I equipped him with a Destiny set and was able to win a match or two against lowered ranked guys. That will probably not change my defense team but it was neat to see something new succeed at any level. There are so many great strategists that play this game and though luck of characters and talismans may dictate some wins, most of it is by design of teams and how well you understand how the Ai will play them. That is what makes great defense teams and why they do get copied. They work, pure and simple.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    My defence victorys are similar to you Stormseye and I don't run Primordials in any of my teams currently.
    Perhaps we could start a non-primordials alliance?lol!

Thanks for the heads up on destiny talisman Blade!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Welcome to the club Tman get used to it thanks to NF there is nothing you can do about it i know who the other guy is at that moment I didn’t know who came up with the idea now i know
    I guess is your best hold rate in a while
    At this point I don’t even bother about creating a new defense all the time that it takes testing over and over just to get it copy for some lazy guys the only time they spend is checking your account to copy the talismans that’s the reason many amazing players left
    The only advantage that you can have over the guys copying you defense is buying all the new talismans and that’s what this game has become players can see every offense team you use against the defense they straggle the most and copy it there is no mystery anymore.

OS
    iOS
    You mean it's not okay to use Iron Eddie, Magus Lilith, The Prisoner, and Sentinel Lilith? I mean I jsut want to be a "joiner" not a leader

(note that is NOT my defense but is seems to be everyones in the 2700-3200 range. )
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamuz24z View Post
    Welcome to the club Tman get used to it thanks to NF there is nothing you can do about it i know who the other guy is at that moment I didn’t know who came up with the idea now i know
    I guess is your best hold rate in a while
    At this point I don’t even bother about creating a new defense all the time that it takes testing over and over just to get it copy for some lazy guys the only time they spend is checking your account to copy the talismans that’s the reason many amazing players left
    The only advantage that you can have over the guys copying you defense is buying all the new talismans and that’s what this game has become players can see every offense team you use against the defense they straggle the most and copy it there is no mystery anymore.
    Ok now I ve to step in on this. Sunday i ve faced an interest team composed by cyborg and sekmeth. Ivanbig was the owner. I ve struggled but manage to win. This the good results in GOF X makes me to try sekmeth in arena. Fully sharded I've paired with cyborg and two magus lilith. This was happening on Sunday, I then switched one magus lilith with green one and def rate start to raise. When I met kamuz def team, I got slashed because his purple Lilith was the real charger of his team. This plus ratio def went down and becosh his lilith makes a lot of sense, I've decided to give her a go. So green lilith off. And on this u can easily see talisman during the match above every character. Furthermore all this was happening Sunday. Monday I got attacked by Tman first time since I ve setted the new defence. And then I ve noticed he got the same asset. So I'm sorry but I didn't copy any, I ve simple used my skils and experience to setup a new wall team, stealing some concepts on the way. Def both ivanbig and kamuz has been a good inspiration. This game is based on pick up what works best and this is what I did. Cheers