Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    So a few of us found cash on the playground, we are supposed to turn it in to the office? Break it up and give everyone an equal share? Or be happy you came up and enjoy the blessing you surely had coming.
    If you want more, run the game more.

OS
    iOS
    I'm not referring to anyone specifically Sponholz.. in any of my posts unless I quote you by name. .. just having a conversation.

All in all a rollback wouldn't really be bad for me at all. While i gained a lot of gold and skill shards.. I didn't need either very much. A rollback would not put in a bad position at all. It would really mean some of my weaker characters would need skill shards again (mummy ed, Wicker Ed, CR Ed). I didn't gain any massively powerful new characters. So, please realize I'm not really advocating to retain "my stuff". Sure I want to keep the gold and skill shards, of course, as would anyone. But even considering a rollback wouldn't really be that detrimental to my account.... I don't think it's the right thing to do. Primarily because nothing which anyone gained could possibly alter anyone else's game play. As I posted, all it did was fast forward some players. Yeah NF may have lost revenue, but taking the rewards away would be more devastating overall.

In technical terms, I doubt NF has a DB backup from 4:59pm Pacific yesterday... I mean they might, but but well, I doubt it. And I also doubt they want to individually go through every account that was logged in between 4:59 and 5:59 to see their activity and what they may or may not have gotten then go yank skill shards from characters, yank characters from players.. yank gold from accounts.... yank evo runes, yank evo stones, yank ironite, yank SOT/SOW... And what if they miss some accounts? How can I be sure they removed the rewards from EVERYONE and not merely my account?

I do understand the FOMO but really that's all it amounts to in my opinion.

Either way I think a rollback or otherwise penalizing those that were rewarded is a horrible PR move with no upside. You've got players very happy because they got a "express pass" - they'll stick around power up things and possibly spend.... and you've got players angry because they missed out they will stick around anyay.... the only way you are going to lose players.. is take away the express passes.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I'm not referring to anyone specifically Sponholz.. in any of my posts unless I quote you by name. .. just having a conversation.

All in all a rollback wouldn't really be bad for me at all. While i gained a lot of gold and skill shards.. I didn't need either very much. A rollback would not put in a bad position at all. It would really mean some of my weaker characters would need skill shards again (mummy ed, Wicker Ed, CR Ed). I didn't gain any massively powerful new characters. So, please realize I'm not really advocating to retain "my stuff". Sure I want to keep the gold and skill shards, of course, as would anyone. But even considering a rollback wouldn't really be that detrimental to my account.... I don't think it's the right thing to do. Primarily because nothing which anyone gained could possibly alter anyone else's game play. As I posted, all it did was fast forward some players. Yeah NF may have lost revenue, but taking the rewards away would be more devastating overall.

In technical terms, I doubt NF has a DB backup from 4:59pm Pacific yesterday... I mean they might, but but well, I doubt it. And I also doubt they want to individually go through every account that was logged in between 4:59 and 5:59 to see their activity and what they may or may not have gotten then go yank skill shards from characters, yank characters from players.. yank gold from accounts.... yank evo runes, yank evo stones, yank ironite, yank SOT/SOW... And what if they miss some accounts? How can I be sure they removed the rewards from EVERYONE and not merely my account?

I do understand the FOMO but really that's all it amounts to in my opinion.

Either way I think a rollback or otherwise penalizing those that were rewarded is a horrible PR move with no upside. You've got players very happy because they got a "express pass" - they'll stick around power up things and possibly spend.... and you've got players angry because they missed out they will stick around anyay.... the only way you are going to lose players.. is take away the express passes.
    well only 1 thing u missed, you really advocated to keep ur stuff, "why they want to punish me" remember? you wasnt talking about the rest until now, and with this no matter what they do they will lose many players, if they rollback most of the players who exploited will leave, if they dont most of the players who didnt exploited will leave

Dante-4781

Maxed Eddies
    Coalgiver,Normal Eddie,Shaman
    Pharaoh,PoM,Visions
    Carriage Rider,Mystic,Grim Reaper
    Navigator,Soldier

Current Champion: Rainmaker Eddie, half sharded, advantage and shadow talismans

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Again, it's not an exploit if the game is doing exactly what it was advertised to do. There was no way for me to know there was a problem. There was no malice in any of my actions. I played the game as it was presented to me. No exploitation. It was only afterwards that I saw the forum posts regarding it.
    sorry man if you just don't want to see an exploit that's another thing. but this is 100% of a exploit and i stopped playing too. i couldn't care less about the rewards but let's face the truth, an infinite sacrifice shouldn't look right to you, as an longterm player...what's so hard about that?

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I feel you Yup, and also Amarthir, this is a really subtle topic to discuss.

And I'm not even discussing and/or demanding a rollback or anything related, as I pm'ed Amarthir about all this.

I do come from time to time high horsed or not, but always full on criticism indeed, to the forums cause even not playing the game I do care enough about it to come here from time to time.

Criticism and sarcasm and two things that I have plenty, hence the tone of some replies.

The only thing on this entire conversation is the issue about it being an Exploit or not.

It was a bug, that generated a form of abuse, which is the definition of Exploit.

If anyone took advantage of that bug, they exploited. it's that simple.

I just don't get why the hell don't say yeah looks like it was indeed an exploitable bug and move-on.

That alone is the only reason I am still here debating with you and Amarthir the Dicksploiter. (well played man, well played).
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    What about all the legitimate play and rewards that have continued since then, if someone happened to gain a little, gain a lot or not gain at all during the NF stuff up everything that's happened since then will be effected too if a rollback occurs..

10 minutes ago I completed a vortex and pulled Cyborg Eddie among other stuff, I don't want to lose him after 22 months playing the game...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Today is Friday, it's not Cyborg Monday.

So your Cyborg is safe mate, relax.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    What about all the legitimate play and rewards that have continued since then, if someone happened to gain a little, gain a lot or not gain at all during the NF stuff up everything that's happened since then will be effected too if a rollback occurs..

10 minutes ago I completed a vortex and pulled Cyborg Eddie among other stuff, I don't want to lose him after 22 months playing the game...
    In case you haven't seen it yet.

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...-Sacrifice-Bug

Speculation over.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    At this point, it's far past the point of returning. Rolling back would be a far worse PR move than the primordial mess of last month. Judging by the official NF statement, they are moving on. It may not be fair, but who said life was fair. I participated in the first hour, I received some benefit from the "exploit" but I could not continue because I wasn't smart enough to realize what was happening. Oh well.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Well, i've just played the game this morning, about 8 or 9 hours after the ''exploit'', and even reading all this stuff i've found while taking a look on the forums...
    Now i feel a little bad because i didn't get to abuse the exploit, and im not even a cheater-like of person in almost all the games i've played because it feels really filthy after cheating (yes even in GTA)

Why in this then? because there is no way to compensate the people with this mess. If you abused of it there is nothing to do with it, im sure the Game will just move on because it is the devs fault.
    Now if they do the rollback they will took whatever the ones that abused got, but will leave the ones that didn't do it with a little less, that could mean a lot for them (like 5* Eddies or popular/missing toons)
    The difference is that most of the people that abused of it has nothing to lose if the rollback happens compared to the ones that just get cool stuff to upgrade their selection.

In my personal experience, i got some hearts and idols, like 2 or 3 per Lvl 6 Sacrifices, with the characters i saved for this event it lasted me to fill the Vortex 3 times.
    I got some missing 4* characters including the Magus Rescuer that i needed to enhance my farming and good dupes to keep sacrifying, nothing so much important.

Now if i were a lvl 30-50 that just got his first 5* by sacrifiying his only 4* group, with the hope to get something good, and then a rollback happens i would be really angry.
    This isn't like the Primordial talis exploit, that i've missed too, which the solution (or even planed resource) was to just nerf them because (maybe) some people abused of it and got a lot of sets.

Talking about another things as Gold and Shards is another thing that i would really like to leave in other side, because as i read, the amount is tremendous.
    So far as i can see this, there is no way to compensate everyone and i think that, sadly, the game will just move on and we'll have to deal with it.
    I also read that thing about an individual rollback. Looking at how the attention to the players are actually, i find it hard to be done. I even think that in a hilarius way, they can give more ironite.

Stop blaming each other for ''damn, im not guilty...i didn't abuse, it is the game''. Because what is done is done, and the unique thing we (and the devs) may think about, is if there is really a way to compensate most of the players if not everyone.
    _______________________________Icarus-6959
    __________________________ Beast Eddie (MAXED)
    _____________I left the game [Feel free to remove me as a trooper]

________________________Don't you think I'm a savior?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save you?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save your life?..._______...(repeat 666 times)