Concerning the bug that was present with the latest 'Gold and Crimson' sacrifice event, a rollback is not an option anymore, and I sincerely hope the devs think alike with me.

Indeed it is a disaster in the case of global balance among the playerbase.
Most players who live in the states and neighboring timezones benefitted insanely. (One source said to have gotten about 15 vortexes, several HUNDRED souls.)
A rollback of all accounts however would be a risky move and it wouldn't be satisfying, since a lot of time has passed since the fixing of the bug.
I suggest a way to compensate players who were unlikely to have benefitted from this bug, for example, most europeans at this time were asleep, therefore unable to even have knowledge of this little mess up in the code.

To repeat myself one last time, logic dictates that a rollback would result in a big backlash, rather than damage control.
Serious compensation is a much better way to do it, and I'm afraid no amount of Ironte would be satisfying to equal out the playingfield, since we can obviously see why such incredible amount of not only souls, but skillshards(also said by several to have gotten hundreds) can give a serious edge over others.

One way of compensation I can think of is one that could be accessible through contacting support, where the team can make sure the player contacting them is not one to have abused the bug, and these players could possibly be given a high-end pack that's offered as an IAP, e.g: The Rank 100 pack.