Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Deathbat, just want to say thank you so much for all your hard work. When I was given the link to your spreadsheet, I was told it is "worth its weight in gold" --and boy, was that true! I don't know how I would have played this game without it. In my opinion, the Compendium is nice, but nowhere near as useful as your LOTB Effects Guide. That being said, I understand it's a lot of work, and this is a perfect time for you to hand the reins over on something that should have been a game feature to begin with. Cheers!
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    It’s been said but awesome work Deathbat, thanks for all the help your efforts have had over the past years.
    Is the compendium in the book of souls a round a bout way of giving us what you have helped with through your spread sheets?
    Can we put in a key words and get out the referenced characters? Or what is the point of the compendium?
    Yeah, pretty much. The Compendium lets you pick a character and see all of the details, including all status effects. Plus it has a Status Effects section which lets you select whichever effect you need and tells you all the characters that can use it, as well as even including all talismans and their effects in their own section. You can also put in key words, as well as filtering by class. Pretty much, it's got everything my guide had and so much more, in a much easier-to-use format. It's best used on PC in my opinion (got it bookmarked and everything lol)
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    Deathbat, your massive spreadsheet has been invaluable to so many of us. Thank you so much for all your hard work!

It is your decision to make, but the more resources available to players, the better. Even if it just serves as a way to double check things, making sure the Compendium doesn't have any mistakes. That sort of thing.

EDIT: and of course as a backup in case anything goes wrong with the Compendium
    Last edited by Azagthor; 10-23-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Well it seems the compendium isn't complete as some links don't seem to be available (it is still a beta at this point so to be expected I guess). I imagine keeping up with all the new characters and updating of characters/abilities would be a lot of work so if you want to retire your spreadsheet deathbat I don't think anyone could blame you. I'll leave that decision to you either way but thanks for all you have contributed up to now! We all owe you gratitude
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Deathbat, I too really appreciate all your work on the awesome spreadsheet.
    I enjoy clicking a file on my phone and scrolling for info and also comparing other faction's characters w/ same buffs all in one view. Jumping around in links turns me off.
    I haven't really used that compendium too much, but I'm more likely to refer to your spreadsheet first.
    If you end up retiring, we will understand. You deserve a rest.
    But as long as your open for business, I'm buying.
    👍🎃

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbat6120 View Post
    Hey guys, so I know it's been 2 months without an update, due to varying issues going on behind the scenes over here. With the most recent update came the Compendium, which is a far more user-friendly and faster way to find all the info that my guide already has to offer. The Excel spreadsheet's a pain to read and quite frankly is a right mess, and who knows what bits are missing. With that being said, I wanna get to the point and ask -
    Is it worth it to keep updating it?

It's been fun to work on and I'm really pleased that it's helped so many people over the last year, but I think I know what guide I'd rather use ��
    Regardless of what happens, thank you guys so much for always supporting this. Up The Irons! \m/
    It doesn't need to be repeated but without all your hard work over the years a massive amount of players would have struggled to achieve anything in this game, I'm certainly among that number.
    If you choose not to continue with the spreadsheets, at least you will know that all the effort was not wasted.

OS
    Android
    We should collaborate on a list of Talisman slots for each character. In the meta dominated by Talismans, seems like this is one of the most important things to know, e.g. "who can wear singularities?" etc.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    I could quote any of the replies above to say once again thank you Deathbat, also for your help with game missions months ago, when we first interacted... and then it became a fruitful help exchange with those missions

I'm just glad we are fellow troopers

OS
    iOS
    One of the best resources around and no doubt about that.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    OK, so I might have been too hasty when I authorised your retirement... I just tried using the Compendium search function to find a talisman or effect and it basically flopped. It would appeat that there are no talismans at all that will stun the opponent (Something that I know is not accurate) so for now I'm afraid that you will not be eligible for the redundancy package previously discussed. {:o)