Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    It's an interesting mode. I got to Tier A in the first installment. Right now I am at Tier C and wondering if it's even worth attempting more battles based on current awards. As I started before the change in rewards I am still showing as having a Fate talisman reward which would complete a set that I got from the previous installment at least. If I go after the next lot of grades how likely am I to get a full set of Necropolis talismans? I'm not that confident. When will be the next opportunity to get more necropolis talismans, or will there even be an opportunity? I already have enough 1 and 2 of various rare talismans just sitting in my inventory from previous events which I can't effectively use, so I dont need more. At least the Fate talismans could be bought in the arena store if you didn't manage to get a reward of a complete set. If I knew for sure Necropolis talismans could be earned again some time in the future I might be tempted but right now I'm putting it off. So unless one of the Devs can give me an answer on if necropolis talismans will ever be available again I think I am done until the next reset. But I have been more of a casual player anyway...

Also like others have mentioned, an ability to go to your team screen directly from Gauntlet would be a cool idea. I would also like to see something to make it easier to find or sort through the toons you are looking for. I was thinking of a button that could give you the ability to select any toons in your team as a "fav" (much like selecting your champion), which would then show first in your team screen before your other toons, with Eddies getting priority like it is now. Or maybe an icon would show like the locked icon does, either way...To me being able to choose a "fav" would mean those toons would be the ones fully sharded and with maxed talismans, which I am having to remove talismans from for Gauntlet battles. So having to go back and worth is a bit painstaking at the moment. Having over 200 toons including various dupes, most at level 100, if can make it hard to find the toon you are after, I often find myself scrolling past the toon I want. So a way to speed up the process would be good. I think something like this could improve general game play in all the other modes too. But thats just my opinion.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Now that I'm on my second round of being in heres my thoughts.

I'm really enjoying it. I can't remember the last time I actually played the game and didn't just run autoplay for rewards. I made it to A on my first round and I'm up to B this time. I agree the sands of time are steep but with a 2 week reset it isn't bad. I understand it's a shiny new toy and I want to play but taking my time and just using the free SOW is working.

The one change I'd like is characters should only be locked out after a win. I have no interest in trying to get and level up duplicates.

I've been playing since the day the game was released so I have most of the characters and I'm really enjoying pulling out ones I never use and finding a place for them in a team. I still need loads of skill shards and there is no way I'm going to put them on dups. Also the best way to get skill shards is sacrifice but I won't get any if I can't do high level sacrifices with my dups.

OS
    Android
    For a free to play participant, the only reason for to play gauntlet is to burn SoW I dont use in the arena. No reason now to waste SoW against opponents you probably won't win against in the arena. The 2 week cycle will allow me to get to level C or D easily without buying any SoW. I will save my ironite for events such as the frag event currently available.

OS
    Android
    So I spent some time properly trying out the beta today, and honestly, after I got used to it, I found that I quite like it. It's a fun challenge that makes you think and encourages you to use toons that you wouldn't normally use. I've currently made it up to C, hoping to progress a bit further once I level up some talismans a bit. As someone who doesn't really play in Arena unless there's an event, I think it's a good way to use all my saved up SOW, though the price does get quite steep very quickly.

As people have pointed out, there still is some tuning that needs to be done, and I think being able to regain characters after 24-48 hours could be a helpful feature, but otherwise it's a fun mode to play, and not just another one of those modes where you auto-play the whole time.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Actually the Gauntlet is a great way to get IC if you don't like PvP.
    This!!! I don’t like Arena at all. I think I lack certain “essential” characters to be able to climb to the top 50 or so. Also, due to reset time, if I ever was in a position to go for top spots I would have to get up really early on a Sunday morning and I am not doing that for ANY game. I love Gauntlet though. I like the fact that it isn’t a sprint and we have 2 weeks to take our time and work up slowly. I also like that you can progress without the essential characters I mentioned previously. I will never be able to go for God or even the really high levels. Probably AA could be my limit for now but I am OK with that as, taking this week for example, I would get a set of rare talismans. I will be honest, a couple of weeks ago I was close to deleting the game and saying goodbye but Gauntlet has rekindled my interest. I have now become a daily player again following 7 months of casual play so will be looking for Troopers again
    Game ID: Andy-4743

I am now done with my progress in Gauntlet for this season as well. I honestly believe it is a really good idea that it runs for so long. I got stuck at AAA (Like last week, i lack Alex and Clansman so gg) due to it being all warrior again. I certainly do hope it will change up when it hits live but the work that has been put into this makes me certain it will.

I have hardly encountered any bugs appart from the usual that has been reported several times. I do however find it somewhat odd/unfair that i at AAA have two teams with Magus Lilith (Destiny), Prisoner (Primordals), Ass Lilith (Eternity - new green set) and their Doomsday eddie or Beast eddie with fate or likewise.
    My point is that when one is limited to a single class being up against not 1 but 2 teams that would easily go top 100 perhaps event 50 in the arena is a huge challenge and possibly too much at grade AAA. That being said i managed to beat 1 of them but ran out of usefull eddies (not allies) at the second. So i quess it is fine if i just get lucky with 1-2 new warrior eddies. And i would always prefer a challenge that i get stuck at than having Gauntlet nerfed hard so that everyone can get to SSS and it will just be a matter of not loosing.

But really great job here NF.
    Current Champion: Killers Eddie

Teams completed:
    Eternal team (sharded)
    Trooper team (sharded)
    Lilith team (sharded)
    God team (sharded)

34/36 collected Eddies fully sharded.
    134 fully sharded characters!

And more to come!

OS
    Android
    Devs yet back to ask you to review the enemies team strike at sss grade. Just got anhiliated from one of those impossible golden buff team wall! There is no valid strategy when you face those without toons left that can wear primordial, valor and eternal. Two things: lower the difficult or add more toons with free slot for talisman. Is ridiculous I can't put immunity and resistance on my acr only because she got two mandatory green :/ this is just an exempla of many.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin85london View Post
    Devs yet back to ask you to review the enemies team strike at sss grade. Just got anhiliated from one of those impossible golden buff team wall! There is no valid strategy when you face those without toons left that can wear primordial, valor and eternal. Two things: lower the difficult or add more toons with free slot for talisman. Is ridiculous I can't put immunity and resistance on my acr only because she got two mandatory green :/ this is just an exempla of many.
    We will be continuing to look at difficulty tuning and also potentially opponent list filtering of certain talismans and characters for certain grades as the beta continues, but it's still early days and there's a lot more data and adaptation from the player base still yet to come.

We'll keep the forums posted on beta updates and tuning changes as we release them.

-Kaz

OS
    Android
    I like that it's hard.

I like that I can't be lazy and just blow Ironite to get past an obstacle.

I like that if I lose, then, well, I lose.

I like that there are tiers I can't beat because I don't have the toons and/or talismans to get past them. It gives me something to plan and build towards.

I'm likely stuck at tier AAA for a while because I don't have a Clansman Eddie or enough other duplicate red Eddies and toons built up enough. I'm fine with that.

I like that if I reach tier AAA I get a full set of talismans. I like that I can spend zero Ironite to get that far.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    I like that it's hard.

I like that I can't be lazy and just blow Ironite to get past an obstacle.

I like that if I lose, then, well, I lose.

I like that there are tiers I can't beat because I don't have the toons and/or talismans to get past them. It gives me something to plan and build towards.

I'm likely stuck at tier AAA for a while because I don't have a Clansman Eddie or enough other duplicate red Eddies and toons built up enough. I'm fine with that.

I like that if I reach tier AAA I get a full set of talismans. I like that I can spend zero Ironite to get that far.
    Well said.
    People usually don't like to get out of their comfort zone, yet that's what makes the game spicy and not boring.

I would just add any feature which could provide a little help to those who are stuck at a certain level, just to give a little hope to overcome an obstacle and avoid being forced to wait until the next reset to play Gauntlet again.

It could be anything, something like for example to let people buy for a certain amount of ironite the chance to use once again one toon you already used (with a limit of one per day/week).