Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    There does seem to be quite the step up from A to AA in difficulty. I imagine if that holds true.. AAA and above may be just more effort (and SOW) than I'd ever wish to expend.

I have every Eddie (other than Doomsday), all fully skill sharded, all full power.
    I have (I think) every 5 star character all full skill sharded and I think full talisman power for the most part.
    I then have some duplicates, many with full skill shards as well (like Liliths).

I know this is beta but getting to the more difficult levels and being restricted to only Magus/Warrior and not ever being allowed to use the same Eddie in 6-7 battles is a bit of a wall.

I mean.. is the average, or even somewhat dedicated player, going to have 7 Magus/Warrior Eddie at full strength?? And AA seems to be the point where enemies start having Destiny Sets... Eternity Sets start showing up.. primordials start appearing, etc.

From my PVP experience these take almost specific teams to defeat effectively. But if you can only do that ONCE and have no clue what the next match is going to be, let alone 3 matches down the road, well it feels a bit like trying to punch your way out of a wet paper bag while blindfolded. Are players expected to have 6-7 duplicates of the same team? So yes.. "Please spend an ungodly amount of SOW just to see if you can even compete in this match. If you can't. You'll lose and have to wait another 7-10 hours before trying again." is a definite factor. I'm really not one to do much of anything where I know the chances of it being fruitful are completely unknown.

And forgive me, but NF has shown a tendency to make things impossible, knowing full well there are players that will bang their head against a wall until they complete something or get some reward. That's typically not me.

There's no way I'm going to try and collect 3 or more of every Eddie or 5 star character then load them with talismans and skill shards. I think I'd die of old age before that ever happened. In addition, it's not like at the harder levels Carriage Rider, Wicker Ed, RttH, Coalgiver, Holy Smoke, etc are ANY help whatsoever.

It'd be one thing if Magus/Warrior fought Magus/Warrior, but using Magus/Warrior against Assassin/Gunner/Sentinel, where they have all the class advantage and you have little or none, just seems ridiculous.

Again, I realize it's beta and things are being "figured out".

As for playability.. I've experienced one odd, unrepeatable crash, at level A. But other than that, things appear to run smoothly.
    Last edited by Yup; 08-03-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I think the concept is great but it's certainly easy to reach a wall.

I was undefeated until AAA. I took on a team with Iron Eddie (Fates and Guardians), Gimp (Primordials), Yellow Lilith (Destiny), and Purple Lilith (God knows what on her).

Of course I could only use only warriors.

I thought the Gimp may have Primordials so had Sekhmet but of course had a Nomad with no Talismans by mistake

Was annihilated and then annihilated again - Perfect immunity all over the place, tons of yellow buffs, and an Iron Eddie that gets Fury like wildfire. I couldn't come up with a way to beat them with my remaining all warriors...

so I'm out for this week!
    Last edited by Nicko; 08-04-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I'm sorry to come with my high horse criticism here again... but...

This is not a beta...

If this was a true beta, all fights should be at 1 SoW cost or to be fair... Free!!!

I mean.. it's a beta, you are all helping they "test" and "figure out" what to do...

And...

You are all paying to do so!!! I mean...

I am playing the closed beta from a card game called Magic Arena (Magic: The Gathering new collectible card online game, PC game btw, not mobile). Where:
    - Most modes are free, the ones that cost something (in-game currency), don't cost a lot, again: there is modes where you can play free how many times you want.
    - There is Real Money spending, the IAP currency is called Gems, and you can buy then and spend then at the beta. once any wipe occurs, everything spent will be reimbursed to your account, every single gem will be there for you to spend when the game goes live.

Yeah I am talking about other game, and I am not bashing LotB in any way, players playing this mode are kinda enjoying it for the most part, from what I am hearing.

But, with this really high cost with players using a LOT of they own resources to play a "beta", lol, why even call it a beta???

Come on, NF, this is basic... you don't charge the amount of resources you are charging when you want players to be your beta testers...
    Last edited by Sponholz; 08-03-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    I'm at AA level now and I won't probably be able to pass it cause once again it only let's you use warrior or magus chars and I don't have enough.. In spite I got a lot of tons they are not good enough to face the enemy teams.
    This is surely something to review. The same limitation was in a previous level. Maybe they should let us use at least 3 chars classes instead of just 2 and anyway at least change the classes to use

OS
    iOS
    so we need to have 3 characters from every class?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ip4 View Post
    so we need to have 3 characters from every class?
    No maybe I didn't write it properly: you can choose whatever char you want, but only from warrior or magus class. Note that this applies just in certain levels, not everywhere

OS
    iOS
    Well.. if you want to actually WIN at higher levels then you'll need at least 6 strong Eddies of the allowed classes... if you can only use Magus and Warrior Eddies, that limits the poole.. so what? Klansman, 7Son, and Alex Ed --- Then maybe Samurai, maybe Trooper, maybe GRE, maybe SOL.

The other Magus and Warrior Eds aren't going to do a whole lot against Assassin and Gunner Eddies. So duplicate powerful Eddies will help. And there are 6+ battles to fight.. so... ??? Yeah 3 of each powerful Eddie in each class will help. Just when you thought you were doing well for having most of the Eddies, right?

And given enemies have Primordial talismans or can use ANY class they want, they can block revive, permadeath, block healing, curse, corrupt, etc all while you're stuck with Magus and Warrior which generally don't inflict such things often and can't use the same talismans sets to block the negative buffs..... .

I get the "challenge" aspect of it, but it's really quite silly when you don't know what teams you will face. It's one thing to limit classes on KNOWN enemies like in BNW.. but to do it for random enemies AND restrict the amount of times you can use characters is overkill.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I think the concept is great but it's certainly easy to reach a wall.

I was undefeated until AAA. I took on a team with Iron Eddie (Fates and Guardians), Gimp (Primordials), Yellow Lilith (Destiny), and Purple Lilith (God knows what on her)

I thought the Gimp may have Primordials so had Sekhmet but of course had a Nomad with no Talismans by mistake

Was annihilated and then annihilated again - Perfect immunity all over the place, tons of yellow buffs, and an Iron Eddie that gets Fury like wildfire. I couldn't come up with a way to beat them with my remaining all warriors...

so I'm out for this week!
    You are not alone, Nicko. It was the same for me. I have only two warrior eddies left and three fights to go. One is HS and the other one is a dupe samurai level 10. The gimp always attacked the toon without immunity.
    Till level AAA everything was easy. I have all my eddies maxed except Hallowed, which I didn't need anyway.
    As I wrote before we need another currency for gauntlet or cheaper prices.

@Sponholz: you’re right for testing, it should be free or with low cost. I played gauntlet this week, but I’m not sure, I I’ll play again next week
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    iOS
    After A class is when it got difficult for me. I had faced a battle with 3 level 1 3* characters and a 3* Storm eddie and the next fights was where I was halted. There seems to be no progressionin terms of team difficulties. Its a crap shoot on the floors where the teams are locked. On other floors you can pick and chose your fights if they are all shown so you can plan accordingly.

The other quandry is that clicking on the opponents reveals nothing of the talismans. I did not start seeing buffs on opponents until B and A tier. I know we cant see talisman builds in the current arena but given the current meta you can pretty much guess what classes are holding what falismans. Not the case with Gauntlet. Just because there is a Prisoner up does not mean it is equipped with Primordials.

I understand Sponholz point about how we should not be spending “real” resourses on beta testing or the least we should be paying minimum prices. If there were no rewards attached I would see that but we are receiving real rewards and so I can see the pricing being somewhat justified though I stil think they are too high for the reward at higher tiers

AA tier has 6 battles with a reward of 32 IC per win plus 3 Rare Warrior Souls and 75 Heroic Fragments. The costs are 6 Ironite per battle though. Thats 192 Ironite if you clear it all for 36 ironite. If I was able to win every Arena battle with 36 Ironite that would yield 468 IC. Of course there is no guarantee that I would win every battle so there will be variances but the averages would be in my favor in the Arena. Of course as stated the first time you clear a teir you recieve a fair amount of achievement rewards but thereafter the risk v reward would be quite less. The end weekly rewards are better than current Arena awards but still not justifed for the expense in my opinion. This is all based on the current rewards in the beta which are placeholders from what we are told.
    Last edited by Stormseye; 08-03-2018 at 11:29 PM.

OS
    Android
    I'm not fortunate enough to be on the beta testing team, but from what I'm reading, my excitement has waned. What I don't understand is, 1) Does the AI create the opponent? 2) If not, are the opponents actual PVP teams? 3) Sword flip still determines who goes first? Hopefully this isn't the only other way to acquire iron coins beside special buys. Seems like without relics, you're not going to be able to get very far. I have some, but nowhere near what appears to be needed to get to the upper tiers.

I really think that Night City should be released before Gauntlet as of now. I reserve the right to feel different after official release but I don't think so. I know, I know, make money, blah, blah, blah. I want to get back to what brought me into this game in the first place, the story within the game and Iron Maiden...
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹