Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Gauntlet wasn’t not on either of my iOS devices. Just check my android emulator after reading this, and there it was. I only play the emulator when iOS is down. Any chance you guys could switch it to one of my iOS devices? Otherwise I really won’t have much time to play on the pc. I really suck on the emulator as well. Lol If not I’ll do the best I can.

Thanks!
    not on my ios, android and emulator ^^
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgallucci View Post
    I like the mode but I just cleared gauntlet B, which is the fifth one. It was pretty easy but it was five battles at five sands of war each battle. That’s 25 sands of war. If these requirements aren’t reduced, it makes it impossible to play in both PVP modes. It’s too time consuming to do both and you have to waste too much ironite for refills. It almost seems intentional to get people to waste their ironite so more money has to be spent to keep up. I know once it’s out of beta we will have two weeks to get to SSS but if the SOW increases continue, it will be like 10 SOW for one battle. So either 10 hours of waiting or 30 ironite per battle which is insane. Don’t get me wrong, I like the new mode and am shocked I was picked for the beta. I’ve been playing since day one and have stuck with it for two years so I’m hopeful they correct the SOW amount at higher tiers cause it’s not worth the reward in my opinion
    Up through about Tier AA or AAA, the Ironite cost is about worth it given the rewards you get (both from the tiers and the ranked rewards) - 2 Rare Souls, 2 Precious Souls, 3 Heroic Souls, 3 Warrior Souls, enough fragments for a few more Heroic Souls, 2 Skill Shards, 1.6 million gold, and a set of Fate Talismans. That's a heck of a lot more than you get out of the Arena. Of course the rewards will be changing, but I'm expecting a similar amount of stuff, including Gauntlet exclusives. However, the Ironite price accelerates rapidly after that and the rewards don't seem worth it at all for the higher tiers. I don't expect I'll be chasing anything past AAA unless it looks super worth it. And as people have pointed out, if what you really want are Iron Coins, the Arena gives a much better Ironite to Iron Coins ratio.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
    Having now received beta access on my Ipad, I can agree with this. It is certainly a fun mode and I like the challenge of having to use different characters to fulfill objectives, however the Sands of War requirement for each battle is going to be cost prohibitive for the average player. SoW really needs to recharge faster, reward more SoW/have a higher cap, and the scaling cost for these battles needs to be reduced. Otherwise it further cements a pay-to-win strategy for the player, which is a definite turn off.
    This is a 'feemium' game, expect to spend money to be a top player. The arena is already a pay to win part of the game. Just to be in the top tier you need to purchase SoW. The rest of the game can be played without spending money.

OS
    Android
    So let defend ask something for the devs, and try and defend all that are playing the beta...

OFC I have friends that are playing this, and we talk to each other, so I will try to be brief here:

- This is a beta, ok fine, this is actually great to have a beta available.
    - Wipes will happen, like the one which already happened, wiping players progression, this is normal in beta stage.
    - This is, for the looks of it, a really costly mode to play in terms of resources.

So:

Since wipes will probably happen more then one time, where is the compensation for the player testing this new mode?

Lots of friends telling me that they spent hours and a lot of SoW / Ironite, and then the progress got wiped.

It's fine to have things like wipes, resets, tweaks and fixes to happen on this stage. but please don't harm the players in the process.

Either use a alternative resource for then to play with, or compensate then for their loss of progression and resources that could've been spent on another modes.

I know that they will keep the rewards and everything, is just when wipes occur.

Here is an idea for the moment a wipe of progression happens:
    - The next 10 fights are on the house, cost free. (don't know if this is a low or a high count tbh).
    Or something like this.

---

Look this is not a rant or a offensive post, I am trying to stay neutral here, not taking sides, but this is something that I think needs to be addressed on this particular stage.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

Quick Question: About rewards.

If you complete all tiers, does that mean you automatically get the 1st place reward? or how the raking system really work? how is Rank determined?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    This is a 'feemium' game, expect to spend money to be a top player. The arena is already a pay to win part of the game. Just to be in the top tier you need to purchase SoW. The rest of the game can be played without spending money.
    From the start this game is freenium but what was good about it is that you would be able to do and get everything eventually without spending real money (i.e you would be able to get the soul fragments and the skill shards in the arena by weekly playing all the free sand of war and the soul fragments and skill shards for free from using all the sand of time). Until Brave new world (which is still optional till this day) was released to an insane sand of time cost. But even with that insane cost level x cost 15 sand of times (the most sand of time cost for a single battle)... you would be able to finish at least 4-5 battle per full sand of war... Now the gauntlet is released (which doesn't seem optional) , even level 4 you can't finish more than 2 battles per full sand of war ... I don't want to think what higher level would be for higher levels, maybe 12 sand of war per battle?

Although I never used to believe that before, with this insane amount of sand of war needed for the gauntlet, unfortunately this game will officially become pay to win.
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    Android
    I am not complaining about the game becoming a more pay to win type of game since I have never spent any real money on this game.

I have been playing just over a year and was acquiring the resources to compete in the arena. Then the relics came out and I lost all hope of competing. The ironite earned in the game doesnt allow me to play events and the arena. I just accept what a free player can do and have fun.

Hi All!

Thanks for all your great feedback so far.

Wanted to let you know that this is very early days (almost 48hrs!!) we're evaluating the tuning as the data comes in.

Initially we're looking at the difficulty settings. We want players to have a great time, create some amazing teams and make solid progression. Once we're happy with difficulty we'll be moving on to cost.

Keep posting those comments/questions and really glad that people are liking the feature!

\m/ Mia

Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    Quick Question: About rewards.

If you complete all tiers, does that mean you automatically get the 1st place reward? or how the raking system really work? how is Rank determined?
    Great questions Zamasu.

If you complete all tiers, you would gain the rewards for those tiers. Ranked rewards are based on how you progress vs other players, so that's where your Rank would matter.

Rank is based on the amount of wins you have. If someone has the same amount of wins as you, the person with the fewest losses is higher ranked. If the win ratio is the same, whoever got there first will hold the higher rank.

OS
    iOS
    Well I finally got in... forgive me for not reading everything up to this point. I had no access so there wasn't a great deal of interest in reading what others were experiencing.

Good so far.

Yeah...... sucks up SOW like there's no tomorrow. Really should possibly award SOW for completing battle or a grade. Like 2 SOW for a battle and 10 SOW for a grade.. something like that maybe?

And the SOW limit should be increased above 10 (20/25) so you can let more accumulate before entering the Gauntlet. Since some of the battles are 5 SOW each and keep increasing.

Or cut the regen time of SOW down form an hour for 1SOW. (which is really long to begin with)
    Last edited by Yup; 08-02-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..