Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    After playing the beta this morning, I gotta say that the requirement for using specific characters really spices up the enjoyment of the game, using characters I never thought I'd use. Haven't run into and bugs as of yet but I'll let the forum know if I come across something.

The SoW cost is kind of a bummer though. What if after a wipe we get back the SoW we spent during the time? That'd be neat.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I like it so far, but the SoW costs are getting really heavy. Costs increase from tier to tier. Number of matches per tier also increase. I did 23 matches and now on the way to reach milestone "AA", you need to do 6 matches and each costs 7 SoW! Yes, you get some rewards, but 7 SoW is way too much in my opinion. My hope: SoW Maximum will be increased and reset timer shortened. Also, SoW are included in the normal rewards for all battles in the cosmos etc.
    The requirements are cool for us long time players. You need to get out of your comfort zone and have to use different setups.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    I'm really digging Gauntlet. I love playing around with a much larger set of characters, and I'm happy to see some benefit for keeping dupes of my favorites.

Question for everyone . . .

As I understand it, there is no way to manually reset progress. So, if you get stuck in a Tier and use all of your viable characters, you just have to wait until the automatic reset. Do we like this? Or would we prefer a manual reset option to go back to the beginning with a fresh roster (this is more similar to the Star Wars GOH approach, I think)? I see pros and cons of both. Thoughts?
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    I agree with those who said that the sow amount needed is too high.. Without paying is pretty hard to make your way through the higher levels. I really hope they let us refill sow more quickly than now otherwise you'll need 1-2 days just to pass a level!
    I was lucky to have collected like 90 sow by sacrificing some 99 normal souls stacks, so that I could pass several gauntlet levels in 1 day, otherwise by now I would still be in the first or second level only.

About possible resets etc.. I hope the rewards we got till now will stay anyways..

Senior Member TheAlbatross-1864's Avatar
    OS
    iOS
    Im excited to play, i dont have access yet. Devs, can i please get access? Figured asking nice was worth a try haha
    Champion: Crusader (Coalgiver during PVP events)
    Max lvl/shard/talisman Eddies: Shaman, Alexander, Coalgiver, Clansman, Trooper, Navigator, Cyborg, Aces High, Piece of Mind, Pharaoh, Visions, Viking, Seventh Son, Mystic, Edward, Crusader, Iron, Beast

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlbatross-1864 View Post
    Im excited to play, i dont have access yet. Devs, can i please get access? Figured asking nice was worth a try haha
    If you have another device to play from, try that. My main device doesn't have access, but my backup does. RNG prevails . . .
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    GREAT WORK. Thanks NF. Fun to use all my dupes, was afraid this would not be allowed. Now the reset says in 3 days, is my Beta going to last through then and we get rewards? Maybe you can keep it going after that please, really wanting some Fate sets from these Beta rewards. So happy to have this feature, please don't shut it off.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Gauntlet Beta: First Impressions of a Fool

Name:  20180802_181142.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  112.3 KB

They don't look like much, do they? Hell, my Arena attack team would run them through in two rounds... IF they got the first turn.

When I ran into them, as the second fight in Tier C, I didn't think too much of them. I'd breezed through the earlier fights, and was feeling cocky. My roster is deep, I've got decent relics, so I figured, don't go too nuts... save your best reds and blues and get by with the minimum. To that end, I assembled what I thought was a team that would get the job done: Grim Reaper (with nothing special on him), Lady Azov (Fate/Chance), Warrior Troll (Fate/Immortal) and Warrior Pyro (nothing too special either). Naturally, I was completely blown out of the water. lol

I quickly determined what I was facing: Cyborg had Promordials, for sure. The Gold Bat had himself some Destiny talis. Red Lilith had Echo, and that Gold puppy had Angels, without a doubt. Cool, a challenge! I've still got a lot of blues and reds... let's see you do that again! lol

This time, I took some time to set up my team: Clansman (Fate/Guard), Crimson Pharaohpuppy (Energy/Hunter), Ragna (Valor) and Clairvoyant (Destiny). Good to go! ... and utterly crushed. They went first, as before, and when the smoke cleared, Only Clansman and the dog got to hit. They went down immediately in the next round. Huh.

Well, round 3. Don't despair! Still some good reds and blues on the bench! We got this! More set up time. It was time to go big! Speed of Light started warming up, running in place and flexing and whatnot. He wore the same build that he'd thrashed the red BNW with so many times before: Lightning/Predators. He was joined by his partner in crime, the Magus Undead Rescuer, sporting his own psycho build of Predator/Penetrating/Life (it goes without saying these are all maxed 5*s). To keep these heavy guns safe, I brought a power couple: Warrior Undead Rescuer (Steel/Immunity) and the mighty Aset (Immunity/Soul). How could I fail? The ghosting of Aset would get them back, if worse came to worse, surely... I was sure to win it this time... Nope! The Primordials made sure that the ghosting never happened, and they went down like a Trooper Ale on a warm summer night.

Well now! Jinkies! Who's even left? Hmm... gotta plan this one out! So, after much deliberation, I settled on this: Samurai (Valor), Warrior Lilith (Echo/Advantage), Magus Lilith (Destiny/Immunity) and a duplicate Warrior Undead Rescuer, newly sharded for the occasion (indeed, every one of these blues and reds had all of their shards in place). They fought their best, but like the mariner's crew, they all dropped down, one by one.

And it is here that my Gauntlet story ends, for now... the reds, the blues, they lie slaughtered. I know not what brought this cursed team to block my path (I've killed no albatrosses recently, that I'm aware--lol) but this was the initial fate of the Fool.

It was a blast though, to play something new, and many thanks for the inclusion in the Beta! (Even if it was just a random fluke.) Given the way it went down for me, I'd definitely say that a manual reset would help a lot to make the challenge a bit more fair, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I encountered not a single bug... very nice! I play this game only on my phone (curently a Galaxy S9, for the record). Have fun, those still in the fight!

EDIT: But that was not the end! HSE, MCR, WAS and The Alchemist did the trick! Then Trooper Ed, AoF, Nomad and Warrior Trickster got the next team, and now I find myself in Tier B, with a new lease on life. lol
    Last edited by The Educated fool; 08-03-2018 at 02:59 AM.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

Hi Edsel!

Unless something unforeseen happens, players will continue to have access to Gauntlet up to the start of the regular seasons, exact date tbd.

\m/ Mia

OS
    Android
    Here's some more thoughts on the gauntlet...

Talisman management is probably the hardest part about all of this. If you don't have enough Talismans to go around, you're going to spend a load of time moving them from person to person after every few fights. It would be nice if there was a faster way of doing this, however I'm totally blank on suggestions.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings