Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    well. like I posted.. really not sure what "players ranked 10" even means. Sometimes they use "rank" to mean "rank". Sometimes they use "rank" to mean "level". I tried pointing that out to devs but they just weren't interested.

Maybe it means players at level 10?? Or maybe that text is merely 100% completely inaccurate, it wouldn't be the first time.
    Where did you find that text of "rank 10"? Maybe 10% of active players?

OS
    iOS
    Help section.. under Gauntlet as Leviathan pointed out.

I could have misunderstood That wouldn't be new either

"The Gauntlet Unlocks at Player Rank 10" - Perhaps that's just general text for when it's fully live.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Basically you need to be in the King II tier or better of the PvP rankings to get to the Gauntlet currently. Assuming I understand "Players Ranked 10" comment. But who knows. They use "rank" in so many varying ways it's hard to tell.
    I'm in the Gauntlet but I've never finished higher than Warlord III. Leviathan's post said it's a random selection of players, so I'm assuming it's a random selection of very active players.

First impressions:

- You'll be spending a lot of Ironite. Each battle costs an increasing amount of Sands of War (not Time) based on what tier you're battling in. 1 SOW to start in the first tier, then 2 SOW per battle in the second tier, then 3 SOW per battle, etc.

- Hoo boy the difficulty ramps up quickly. The first couple of tiers feel like introductory battles. Very soon, however, you're up against all Lvl 100 enemies with Primordial, Eternal, and Eclipse talismans. If you see it in the Arena, you'll see it in the Gauntlet.

- There's a "hardcore mode" aspect to it, as well. That bit about how you can only use a toon or Eddie once in a given tier? That includes if you lose. You could very easily find yourself unable to complete a tier.

- You will need a very deep roster to get through this. Not just to cover the risk of losses, but you'll get tiers where the classes of toons and Eddies you can use is restricted, like only Blue and Red. You'll need to win 3 or 4 battles for those tiers and your opponents aren't monkeying around. You'll want to plan out how you approach these battles and you may want to consider swapping in talismans from other toons just to make sure you're geared up right. As a rough guess, you'll need at least 6 fully-leveled, fully-sharded toons in each color plus at least 2 fully-leveled, fully-sharded Eddies in each color.

- You will need to write down all of your Eddies and toons, including whether or not they're fully-sharded and what talismans they have. It will be crucial for making team decisions for each battle.

- It's fun. It's a good mental challenge to decide on your teams for each battle. The stakes are higher with the hardcore feel of it. You definitely have to use a lot of your toons and you get some fun matchups.
    Satan81-5023

Fudjo, thanks for the info!
    How about the rewards? Are the Iron Coins worth it?
    How does the ranking system works?

OS
    iOS
    Well, Leviathan pointed out that current rewards are not what actual rewards will be.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    Fudjo, thanks for the info!
    How about the rewards? Are the Iron Coins worth it?
    How does the ranking system works?
    Hey, you're welcome!

For the rewards, there are ranked rewards at the end of each "season", like the weekly rewards in the Arena. They're currently things like Mythic Soul fragments, Heroic Soul fragments, and Shadow talismans. There are also rewards for progressing through the tiers themselves, such as Iron Coins, Precious Souls, and Heroic Soul fragments. I also see a Skill Shard coming up if I beat Tier B. The current batch of rewards is just for the beta and they've mentioned they'll have Gauntlet-exclusive rewards like talismans and toons when the Gauntlet goes live for realsies. As for whether the Iron Coins you get are worth it, it's hard to say just yet, but it looks like the coin rewards ramp up pretty quickly. I'm only up to Tier B right now and I've spent 60 Ironite for the sake of checking stuff out, and I guess I'd say that spending the same amount in the Arena would pay off better. It depends on how the coin rewards scale at higher levels, I suppose.

I haven't gotten too far into it to see exactly how the ranking works, and it looks like everyone is unranked in the beta. It's definitely based on how high up the tiers you climb and then presumably there's some sort of additional scoring on top of that.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    I think you got it right Yup rank is Arena rank 10 or above... that's a shame I finished 15 last week King 3 and I was pretty proud of that effort...
    Guess we won't be too far off being offered the gauntlet to though...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Oops perhaps I spoke to soon... what rank are you Fudjo?

Fudjo! Thanks again. Looks like it is a lot of fun!

And I think yup got a little confused about the rank. He got it from the in-game infom and it just means that gauntlet gets unlocked once you reach level 10 (like when you rank up to level 10 and can add an extra trooper to your trooper list at the beginning of the game).

OS
    Android
    That makes sense thanks for sorting my confusion in the process...
    Sounds awesome Fudjo, guess I better check I meet all those criteria whilst I'm not in gauntlet just yet...