Can't revenge new people in defense list?

Hi all, Berry-7604 here.

A couple of times I have bought 10 sands of war to keep on battling, going from attack list (after refreshing free) to the defense list, where even new people have attacked me.
    It says: "Can't revenge", I have lost 90 shards on maybe battling 5 or 6 battles, so the the rest 24 sands of time go to waste because I can't revenge?

Anybody else notices this problem?

Cheers,

Berry

OS
    Android
    Maximum revenge = 20 per day including 2 times the same player per day
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

Hmm, didn't know that. Thank you for telling me, I won't bother trying to get to 150 battles than. Will not make it?!

OS
    Android
    No man, don't quit. You can make it to 150. I'm 12 battles short and I do nothing special. I go for the sure win all the time, refresh the list every 30 minutes and look for weak defense.
    Daniel-3568

OS
    Android
    Ignore rank and score. Pick the weak defenses (eg: just 1 eddie, or an eddie who has weak non-eddies with him) and refresh once 30 mins has passed on the timer (ie: so it doesn't cost you ironite).

Notes:
    If you don't play for a bit (eg: overnight) the refresh timer will be free for the first hit.
    If you are facing lots of top players, either wait for the refresh to be free again, or attack one (usually the one with the lowest score). If you lose, that will knock you downward in rank/score, and next refresh you will get lower ranked/scored people to attack.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    Definitely don’t quit. Like others have said. Look for weak defenses. Wait for free refresh. Save your revenges for easy fights. I am experimenting this event and have not spent any ironite on refills. I am ranked 51 with 101/103 wins. You can for sure make 150 but need to use a good technique. Also I always turn in my regular souls and sacrifice 2-3* characters because it gives SoW sometimes. I will probably have to spend some to hit 300wins but I want to see how far I get on free plays. I don’t need the rewards but I also wont pass up free IC.