Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    OS
    Android
    I hit a wall at AA due to not having enough toons. I have two battles left and not enough time to level out and evolve the 3* toons I have.

It is fun and makes you think about who you want to use. I see a lot of potential with Gauntlet. Hopefully the devs are listening to the players.
    SDTull-9900

OS
    Android
    I think Gauntlet is the best part of the game right now. For veteran players, the Cosmos and Time Rift are a tedious grind, and the PVP is complete mess that seems to get worse and worse with each update. Gauntlet actually reintroduces a bit of strategy back into the game.

Due to the persistent problems with the rest of the game, I was expecting the beta to be a buggy mess, but I haven't noticed any new bugs at all (that I can recall). The only real 'problems' with it are the high SoW cost and the punishing difficulty at higher levels. I have almost all the characters in the game, but because I haven't levelled up any dupes, I can't make it past the AAA stage. After two losses, I don't have enough Eddies to continue. If you could re-use characters when you lose a match, there wouldn't be a problem.

I would actually prefer it if it had been designed so that you couldn't use dupes at all. Having to maintain dupes makes roster management even more of a nightmare than it already is.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead View Post
    I would actually prefer it if it had been designed so that you couldn't use dupes at all. Having to maintain dupes makes roster management even more of a nightmare than it already is.
    I fully agree. I don’t want to use my shards for dupes. This doesn’t make sense. On the other hand, there are at least three new characters each month. It will only be a matter of time until everybody has enough of them to clear each level without dupes.
    Sick-6808

OS
    Android
    I'm finding gauntlet is more challenging, but strategic than the arena. The arena started going downhill with relics, then all the op Eddie's, gods, liliths and talismans. The arena strategy is buff up first and grind the other team down.

I dont think that the gauntlet through level AAA is any more expensive than the arena events. You may not earn as much IC battling, but the frags, souls, SS and gold make up for the IC. If you reach AAA you get the talis that you would be rewarded in an arena event.

The possible need to share normally unused toons or dupes is the question. If a more easy talis selection could be devised that would definitely help in gauntlet.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead View Post
    I think Gauntlet is the best part of the game right now. For veteran players, the Cosmos and Time Rift are a tedious grind, and the PVP is complete mess that seems to get worse and worse with each update. Gauntlet actually reintroduces a bit of strategy back into the game.

Due to the persistent problems with the rest of the game, I was expecting the beta to be a buggy mess, but I haven't noticed any new bugs at all (that I can recall). The only real 'problems' with it are the high SoW cost and the punishing difficulty at higher levels. I have almost all the characters in the game, but because I haven't levelled up any dupes, I can't make it past the AAA stage. After two losses, I don't have enough Eddies to continue. If you could re-use characters when you lose a match, there wouldn't be a problem.

100% agree with your post.
    If they adjust the difficulty to let people pass levels without having to invest resources on dupes it would be better.
    I think it would be enough to remove the limit to only one class per stage. putting the limit to 2 classes like it already is in certain levels it's perfect imho.

And please remove talismans sets to characters who normally couldn't wear them. We can't even guess that before wasting a battle btw

OS
    Android
    This is a great feature and I am glad many others agree. Fun to stretch your collection and plan strategy. I hit my wall 2 fights from SSS and must say congrats to the devs for assembling the worst possible nightmare teams at this top level. Over and over Prisoner with Primordial and Magus Lilith with Destiny. Coupling this to being stripped of character resources makes for an extreme challenge. I am out of strong enough teams to have a chance to beat these opponents. Only 1 use of any character is allowed up here so sharded dupes mean nothing. At 30 ironite per battle to watch what I have left get destroyed, not a good time. I do not yet have an adequate character library for clearing the top tier, but what a ride it was. I used the Arena test defense feature to set up mock battles with the Gauntlet opponent teams prior to actual fight, good for fault checking my set ups.