Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    iOS
    I also think there’s something going on. I have won battles against your team Yup, and against the top 5 (except you, damn shaolinlondo ) and pretty much everyone in the top 100, and I’m not saying I have a great win rate, (it’s arround 78/85% in attack and 30/35% in defense while being in the top 100), but my highest relic is at lvl 4, mostly are lvl 2 and two or three at lvl 3. That makes no sense for me, even through I’m confident I have great characters on my team and a pretty good and creative talisman setup. Players with more leveled relics should be kicking the ass of players like me. For me, the relic system is not fair and promoves the unbalance of the game in PvP, but given the fact of the relics being a real thing (and expensive, and hard to get), it is also not fair for the game to be working in that way. In another topic I would also say that magus Lilith has also made the arena boring and sometimes unplayable, because of the Destiny talisman set, (and I do have both of them, but I’m not using them), almost every player in the top 100 have M Lilith, the prisoner, and Iron Eddie or Doomsday Eddie (not talking about you, Yup). When every team is a copy of the last one, the game becomes very boring.
    Last edited by CamiloEgea; 08-24-2018 at 08:13 AM.

OS
    iOS
    I forgot one thing, fury relics does seem to work correctly, I can always see the difference between my team and leveled teams.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by CamiloEgea View Post
    players with more leveled relics should be kicking the ass of players like me.

That's my thought. It's not really about win/loss. Everyone wins and everyone is beatable. But really if someone has massive relics, they should be winning fairly easily against a team with fewer relics. Well, at least if there's a gap between the relics - i.e. level 3 relic vs level 10 relic. Of course, a great deal depends on characters, talismans, and actual moves. I'm not stating "more relics should always win". But certainly more relics means you should find winning a tad more effortless.

I see this at weekly rollover... 99.9999% of the battles the first few hours after rollover are practically mindless auto-play wins for me. Clearly thats due to relics and skill shards against teams without those. But it kind of looks to me as the week progresses, either relics start to factor less or... there's some other thing resulting in some sort of attempted "strength balance." Which is fine. Even considering battles against the top 15 players... at rollover matches against them are way easier than they are Friday night. (Understanding they may have added relics during the week, I certainly do.)

I realize the devs are probably never going to fully disclose what factors into match ups, enemy lists, etc. And this is one of those things that, while I don't mean to imply any sort of collusion whatsoever, it does seem like there's some point or trigger which alters the amount of weight relics may have. i.e X points and relics effect -10% or something. It could also be just sheer number of fights. That's how Shoalindo's team gets so tough.. he/she fights way more than I'll ever have time for. I can beat that team at times, but not regularly. So once you hit top of the list teams with similar relics seem to be similar. But it seems the more you fight the better a team's defense may be. It's the teams with few relics near the top that make little sense to me. How is someone with lvl 4 relics even coming close to competing with those that have lvl 8-10 relics regardless of characters?

And for the record an 75%A/35%D rate is not a bad rate at all.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    This thread is interesting and the stuff described happened to me too. There are low level teams which are unbeatable for one or two fights, there is definitely a difference if you fight the top level teams at the start of the week or at the end and there is something else which is strange. Maybe others experienced the same. There are some players in the game which are extremely hard to beat for me. I am not talking about top level players. They are hard to beat, but this is normal. I am talking about players ranked below me. Maybe between rank 50 and 150. There are a few players against which I loose very often. They don’t have a special setup and they don’t have a lot of relics. Surely it is not about my team, because I never change my attack team.
    Sick-6808

OS
    Android
    Yup: Yeah I hit #1 at the start of this week on a winning streak, basically cos of 100 wins in a row from rollover. Then I lost a game to someone way down at 2200 points (I was at ~3300 points at that stage I think). From that point on, things got more difficult and the losses mounted up. After a while I decided not to really bother anymore, simply cos I was starting to dig into my ironite reserves and didn't have a huge amount left to throw into SoW. Also, there is only so much time in a day to play, and lots of other things that I'd prefer to do than stare at my tablet all the time.

FWIW: A LOT of those battles were against people who were ~1900 points. The game just kept throwing them at me as I completed each set of 10 battles. This is probably why it's important to play hard on that first day (cos the system throws these people who have the same rank/points at you cos everyone is ranked the same), but you need to keep playing hard and I suspect the relics will help the further into the week you get. I basically threw all my winnings (and those from Gauntlet) into relics, but as you say, they don't always seem to make that much of a difference.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

Banned
    For me the fact the the [moderators] don't even think that there could be a bug involved, is the evidence that the defense bonus and Relics reduction is existing.

They made this, so that new players get a chance, otherwise they would run away screaming.

If [moderators] would say it is there, we could like it or not, so it is simply another fraud of the [moderators].

Where is the guy that wanted to sue them? If someone would see the sourcecode they would be in big trouble.

OS
    iOS
    Perfect example today. Running my final burst to secure a spot and come across a non standard team of

Edward the Great
    Horus
    Prisoner
    Wrath

“This should be an easy win” as there is no blocker. Primordials and Eternity so thats a given buf I notice Wrath has Strike. Having single hitters, I focus on Horus first and toss a couple of hits but Wrath counters every attack. Don’t keep a lot of blue buffs since they are too easily removed. They proceed to kill my Destiny Magus on my own turn, and stun the AG. I have Exhaust and perfect corruption on my remaining team. They finish the job in short order on their turn. EtG never even got to Fury. This was a player ranked 2700 with no relics higher than 3. I have over half relics maxed.

Rematch...I win toss again and proceed to kill his entire team before they have a turn.

Earlier today I faced one Shaolin ‘s manifestations (he has been changing it every few hours) and he killes every ally except my Sentinel Lillith on the opening turn.

It is really hard to accept there is no boost of any kind. Calling it “the same AI as auto-play” does not mean there is not something odd in the code because when I started trying to crack top 100 I would be on the losing end of a battle down 2 allies to their full team so rather than concede I would just run it on Auto and was surprised to see how many fights I actually won considering my team would be near defeat.

OS
    Android
    Actually that declaration ''the same AI as auto-play'' may be not so correct, maybe most of us may remember the ''old days'' teams with Grim Reaper, each one of them. And then having a Grim reaper and going in autoplay, the difference? When i go to farm with my Grim reaper (example), it just does 1 or 2 resets if im lucky, but besides that, very normal. Now what happens when i went to the arena? BOOM, the enemy team's Grim reaper has 3 resets minimal, and also Extra turn on his buff before proceeding to attack.
    What is rare? Every time before attacking, he does that buff and then he attacks, is a classic and one of the older patterns to these days, and he does everytime while gaining that extra turn almost everytime also.

Now with that someone must realize how familiar it is with other AI patterns such as Eternity Eddie and M Lilith Extra turns, and of course that Stun from Corrup general that seems a bit weird...
    _______________________________Icarus-6959
    __________________________ Beast Eddie (MAXED)
    _____________I left the game [Feel free to remove me as a trooper]

________________________Don't you think I'm a savior?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save you?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save your life?..._______...(repeat 666 times)

Banned
    This arena event shows again pretty clear, that something is totally wromng with the relics.

Players with almost no relics seem to be stronger, than "stronger" teams.

If this this is not a bug (and I am sure that it isn't a bug), that is the same frauf shit like the defense bonus.

Hey [moderator], why can't you be honest to the players and tell what you are doing there, do we have to contact again Apple/Google before you start to tell the truth?

OS
    iOS
    Liebhild, chill a little bit dude... We all feel frustrated because of different aspects of the game, but there’s no reason for being this angry enjoy the game while it’s possible, and if you’re not enjoying it nowadays, quit. Being rude won’t solve the problems of the game. And you will likely banned from the forum :/