Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Managed to get Aces High Ed from a grave soul, which was nice as I didn't have him on Bro's acc. Probably gonna be the only thing I get for a while though now, knowing my luck.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Pretty sure Yup has found some pattern in that when the RNG is hot you need to stick with it and when its not, go do something else.

To a degree. But there's no rhyme or reason to it really. All I know is if you get lucky... do what you can to do something else you want to be lucky with. If after a couple tries you aren't lucky.. give up for now. Try again in a couple hours.

And yes. I seem to have better luck dropping groups of souls into the BOS rather than 1 at a time. I think that forces the RNG to not get "stuck" the way it seems to. Just kind of guessing mathematics really... pick 1 random number from 50... you might get the same number more than once. It should be more rare than it is in this "game" but theoretically 1 at a time can yield the same result over and over. Now pick 10 random numbers from 50... the odds of those 10 being different numbers are greater. Again, theoretically it could pick the same 10 numbers... but odds are it won't more than once or twice.

I'll be frank.. I set up a little PHP random number loop and tested this theory. Generating 1 random number at a time was far less diverse than I thought it would be. And the more random numbers you generate in a batch, the more diversity there is to the numbers. Now, I have no clue if this "game" adhere or is similar to PHP's rand() command, but my guess would be it's not too far off.

This is also how I determined the AI in PvP gets roughly a 15-20% accuracy boost at times -- comparing a 1 in 35% chance to a 1 in 50% chance.

It's all pseudo code and I don't claim these are "scientific" or "proven" results by any means. Just my own personal experiments and opinion.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Banished View Post
    that's nice. For 10 souls, I received 4 speed of light eddie...
    I'm right there with you. ...looks in inventory.... I've got 9 SoL Eds, including the 1 toon I've maxed.

OS
    iOS
    i always use one by one soul because it's more interesting to waiting that sound and red eyes but will try next time to collect more than 10 rare souls and use them like one...

OS
    Android
    Stormseye, I think you're right on stacks. Although I once dropped 40 rare G/A souls without red eyes. But after that I had a pretty good run of getting red eyes on rare type souls.
    Last edited by SDTull; 08-23-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    SDTull-9900

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris0000 View Post
    If your account is extremely poor for perfect corruption mission chars and if you have at least one set of trap talismans, try this :

Put the trap set on a Pharaoh water spirit, just farm the Adrenaline Rush at Battlefield hard. Run low damage single hit chars. Sentinel allied soldiers can remove beneficials and will mostly target the Pharaoh water spirit (because he is a reviver & they have class advantage). Once they remove the trap, they'll get perfect corruption. With this way you can get 3 corruptions per round.
    How can i get trap talismans? i only have 1.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Truppe View Post
    How can i get trap talismans? i only have 1.
    They're available in the Trooper store.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    To a degree. But there's no rhyme or reason to it really. All I know is if you get lucky... do what you can to do something else you want to be lucky with. If after a couple tries you aren't lucky.. give up for now. Try again in a couple hours.

And yes. I seem to have better luck dropping groups of souls into the BOS rather than 1 at a time. I think that forces the RNG to not get "stuck" the way it seems to. Just kind of guessing mathematics really... pick 1 random number from 50... you might get the same number more than once. It should be more rare than it is in this "game" but theoretically 1 at a time can yield the same result over and over. Now pick 10 random numbers from 50... the odds of those 10 being different numbers are greater. Again, theoretically it could pick the same 10 numbers... but odds are it won't more than once or twice.

I'll be frank.. I set up a little PHP random number loop and tested this theory. Generating 1 random number at a time was far less diverse than I thought it would be. And the more random numbers you generate in a batch, the more diversity there is to the numbers. Now, I have no clue if this "game" adhere or is similar to PHP's rand() command, but my guess would be it's not too far off.

This is also how I determined the AI in PvP gets roughly a 15-20% accuracy boost at times -- comparing a 1 in 35% chance to a 1 in 50% chance.

It's all pseudo code and I don't claim these are "scientific" or "proven" results by any means. Just my own personal experiments and opinion.
    For this event I stacked 12 Legendary, over 200 rare and 20 G/A souls. Not knowing what rank BBE was going to be, I started with the 12 Legendarys. Nothing, but that filled a vortex. 20 more G/A souls. Next was a stack of 99 rare. That yielded 2 Mystics, 1 PoM and 1 Shaman and another vortex. The next 99 yielded 1 7th Son and various 4*s. The next 30 rare souls gave enough essence for tier 6 sac that yielded 20 more rare souls. Those last 20 yielded 1 BBE. Also in this mix was 3 rare Sentinel souls and 14 events souls that yielded 3* crap.

I'm not a mathematician, so is don't know what the breakdown of percentages are. You also have to keep in mind that BBE was a 4*, which has better odds of dropping, theoretically.

To agree with Yup, when RNG is hot, it's hot. Dropping souls in stacks seems to work better than 1 at a time. I'm still not 100% sure when a character is assigned to a soul drop. There is evidence that a new character will drop from a saved soul, but that was not my experience here.
    Last edited by kkkreg5; 08-24-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    My perception and personal way I summon souls.
    It ain't matter the way , if one by one or stacks of ten. Around every ten souls I get 1 red eyes. So try to summon 6 or 7 rares expecting to get blue eyes, then drop 3 event souls expecting one red eyes. Sometimes happens, the problem it is not the event character

OS
    iOS
    used 15 G/A rare souls few mins ago and no rad eyes...it's much interesting to use one by one...