Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by EnricoPalazzo View Post
    For all souls, there is a bigger chance to get dupes than to get new characters, this is something that many people think is more depending on your user account than on the actual soul you open.
    Of course, this issue becomes more apparent when opening souls that feature a smaller pool of possible characters.
    And yes, I despise Heroic Souls as well for that very system.
    It should - with all odds being fair - be far more likely to pull a certain character from a smaller pool of heroic characters than from say a rare or legendary soul, but the RNG is biased to go for dupes, so this makes heroic souls look like even worse than others.
    Nah, I can believe in the arena defence conspiracy, but still reckon the souls business is just confirmation bias. It feels that way, but it always does when you get smashed in the soul opening. This of it this way with heroics. You only have a ~10% chance of getting a 4*. There are 3 of them in the rotation, so you've actually only got a 3% chance of getting just the 1 you want. If you want a 5*, then its a 1% chance to get either, so 0.5% chance of getting the one you want.

So to get redan specifically, with just heroics, is always going to be a reallly tough thing. better of amassing legendary and mythicals by far.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Update: I’ve acquired Aces High Eddie!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Nah, I can believe in the arena defence conspiracy, but still reckon the souls business is just confirmation bias. It feels that way, but it always does when you get smashed in the soul opening. This of it this way with heroics. You only have a ~10% chance of getting a 4*. There are 3 of them in the rotation, so you've actually only got a 3% chance of getting just the 1 you want. If you want a 5*, then its a 1% chance to get either, so 0.5% chance of getting the one you want.

So to get redan specifically, with just heroics, is always going to be a reallly tough thing. better of amassing legendary and mythicals by far.
    Well, sort of, but if you have two five-star characters per heroic rotation, the distributuin should be more or less even. But we have LOTS of cases where five or six 5* characters dropped out of hundreds of heroic souls, and all were dupes, but the one sought-after character did not drop.
    This is of course still statistically possible, but it smells funny.
    Ans also, what about all the cases in this very thread where people finally managed to get their white whale, only to get three dupes of it in the next sac event?
    Nope, for me this is obvious. A dupe-biased RNG at work here.
    Of course, the dev's could lay open the RNG sources or at least contradict to anyone who has put up this argument, but so far, it's only silence on that front.

OS
    iOS
    Samurai Eddie and Rainmaker Eddie.

I've been playing since the beginning and still haven't gotten these two!
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    Android
    I can't seem to acquire gunner Hierophant. Hope he ends up in heroic souls at some point. I'm also missing gunner Minotaur.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    iOS
    For me still Assassin Hiero and NotB Eddie are the mian ones - no luck on heroics to get them. Got nothing from the current event either so all of those too - I never seem to get any luck with event souls but many in the same boat this time! noticed to othat only three troopers of mine have any of the new guys on show so maybe this time the odds are lower than usual.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Personally I seem to never have Pharaoh Eddie. I’ve sacrificed him multiple times because he wasn’t as good as he is now, and I just never see him when I summon sentinel souls.

OS
    Android
    Why would you ever sacrifice a non dupe Eddie? Or any 5* non dupe toon.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Why would you ever sacrifice a non dupe Eddie? Or any 5* non dupe toon.
    It was when his skill set was still garbage.

OS
    Android
    When he came out with his old skill set he was routinely used in the arena. His revive and his invincibility buff was were a good combination.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around