Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Reflections of a floating world - Elder

OS
    iOS
    Vicious Rumors - Digital Dictator - 30 years old (!!)

Been going back to the 80s for a few weeks now and this album was a shred essential back in the day - got into them through hearing the first Vinnie Moore album on Shrapnel (he played on the first album by VR). Carl Albert (RIP) was a top singer and these guys are a top band. Kind of like heavy Judas Priest style (Painkiller) - power metal I guess if it had a label attached to it. Very melodic though and loved all the solos too. They had a not so strong patch after Carl was killed (car accident) but then got back to the core sound with the last few albums which are very good - not quite as high marks as the first four or five though!

Digital Dictator and the Self Titled that followed are my faves of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpbjTaqY_WY
    Last edited by scott-5496; 05-09-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Procession's Doom Decimation is also getting some high rotation on my playlists, particularly tracks like One by One They Died:

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    Procession's Doom Decimation is also getting some high rotation on my playlists, particularly tracks like One by One They Died:

Gave this a spin on Spotify - really very good. The vocals are maybe not the strongest but the music is great. Vocals I can get used to I think so nice find there!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    If you like Procession, then do give Argus a try - better singing I think and the music is great. Another smallish band no one had heard of - you can get them on Spotify.

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Part way through Argus's From Fields of Fire and liking it so far. Thanks Scott! Great recommendation.

OS
    iOS
    Only just discovered them myself a couple of weeks ago. They have some great tracks and overall each album is actually a great listen. Almost instantly liked them on first listen of each album. Not sure why I missed them for all these years but Spotify is great for recommendations. Quite a bit of Maiden in their sound - also a little bit of Baroness at times - if you have not heard Baroness give their Blue or Red albums a spin. Have you listened to much Kadavar? Another great band I stumbled on through Spotify and seen them a couple of times now. Same with The Sword - now one of my fave bands and that was another Spotify recommendation - listen to any of their albums but for me High Country is ace but try this one for a starter:

https://youtu.be/8MQK_Ia63OM

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Good Old School Heavy Metal, naive as f*** and heartwarming for the very same reason.

Grim-8797

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Good Old School Heavy Metal, naive as f*** and heartwarming for the very same reason.

Fucking yes! I dig JSBS. Gotta love the crossover vocalists from/to Riot as well. Rhett Forrester was awesome, and gotta love Todd Michael Hall's voice. He's a good singer for Riot.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah - really old school style but I like it as it is done well. Good singer and good band too. Riot are another fave of mine but only just got into them over last few months.

scott-5496