Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Yeah - really old school style but I like it as it is done well. Good singer and good band too. Riot are another fave of mine but only just got into them over last few months.
    You're in for a treat, for sure. I've been listening to Riot for about...damn...12 years now at least. I'm starting to feel old...Immortal Soul (the return of the Thundersteel line up and Mark Reale's final album) is really good. One of their best. Riot V is a continuation of Riot after Mark's death. They keep alive the Riot sound that Mark Created.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironstyle View Post
    You're in for a treat, for sure. I've been listening to Riot for about...damn...12 years now at least. I'm starting to feel old...Immortal Soul (the return of the Thundersteel line up and Mark Reale's final album) is really good. One of their best. Riot V is a continuation of Riot after Mark's death. They keep alive the Riot sound that Mark Created.
    Yeah, I have to say that I like the classic metal sound and the singers have always been decent too - I happened on them again through Spotify as I have been a Vicious Rumors fan since they started and Riot were a Spotify recommendation - they were not wrong. Great stuff. Great for in car music while driving!
    Last edited by scott-5496; 05-18-2018 at 09:27 AM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Yeah, I have to say that I like the classic metal sound and the singers have always been decent too - I happened on them again through Spotify as I have been a Vicious Rumors fan since they started and Riot were a Spotify recommendation - they were not wrong. Great stuff. Great for in car music while driving!
    Agreed. VR is a favorite of mine as well. You should also check out Night. Their third album Raft of the World is surprisingly good. Savatage is always good. Airbourne and Enforcer are also greats if you like that old school sound. My list could go on, so I'll just stop there.

I haven't done Spotify at all. I just go to Google Play and check out the suggested artists there based on what I'm searching for. Found some awesome stuff there.

Oh, and a great way to learn of some new old school sounding bands is to check out the Youtbe channel: NWOTHM Full Albums. I've come across great things there.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironstyle View Post
    Agreed. VR is a favorite of mine as well. You should also check out Night. Their third album Raft of the World is surprisingly good. Savatage is always good. Airbourne and Enforcer are also greats if you like that old school sound. My list could go on, so I'll just stop there.

I haven't done Spotify at all. I just go to Google Play and check out the suggested artists there based on what I'm searching for. Found some awesome stuff there.

Oh, and a great way to learn of some new old school sounding bands is to check out the Youtbe channel: NWOTHM Full Albums. I've come across great things there.
    I'll give a night a check too - also just got a note on email that Riot are playing Glasgow soon doing Thundersteel annoversary tour! Result, for me so going to go to see them then I think.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Anyone encounter any cool new metal bands lately? I have a hankering to hear something new...

Here is something old, but great.

EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Anyone encounter any cool new metal bands lately? I have a hankering to hear something new...

Here is something old, but great.

Mmm... idk if u have ever heard of powerwolf but damn ive been possessed by their songs recently, great band!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zN7J64IeBo

here's this, hope yall like it!

also check out system of a down, although im sure youve already heard of it (You know everything)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSvFpBOe8eY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM

really great band!

also rip urls instead of videos cus only 1 vid can be used lol

Also! Hi guys! How's it going?
    Last edited by Nekroliun; 06-26-2018 at 02:56 AM.
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Oy, Nekro! Good to see ya, lad!

I have indeed encountered SOAD before (though I'm not sure this immediately qualifies me to claim that I know everything... I mean... I DO, but I'm not sure that this, specifically, is what qualifies me to claim it... ;-) ) lol They're a cool band.

Powerwolf are a cool band too. Your taste clearly remains impeccable (Hallowed criticisms notwithstanding... lol ;-) )

How have things been with you of late, amigo? Keeping busy?
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    Velvet Revolver, for no reason!

Booyakasha!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    I just came across... this thing, on the Youtubes (because I lead a charmed life... lol) and figured I ought to share it, in the true spirit of this thread. It... is not a sane thing. Enjoy!

EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    iOS
    MrFreeze-6530