Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Witkacy 🙂

Great story, thanks for sharing! They performed it like this on W:O:A too. Wish I would have stood as near on stage as you did, must have been amazing! But that's nearly impossible there. Could we see you in the vid? Maybe on the screen showing the crowd directly in front of the stage? 😉😄

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GotN View Post
    Witkacy 🙂

Great story, thanks for sharing! They performed it like this on W:O:A too. Wish I would have stood as near on stage as you did, must have been amazing! But that's nearly impossible there. Could we see you in the vid? Maybe on the screen showing the crowd directly in front of the stage? 😉😄
    GotN

I just quick looked at it and haven't found myself at the recording... I am rather short guy, you know LOL

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    Evening all

In today's episode:

Some prog rock band from Finland: Kalevala - People No Names (1972)

Enjoy!

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post
    Evening all

In today's episode:

Some prog rock band from Finland: Kalevala - People No Names (1972)

video=youtube;kV3_viU-qzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3_viU-qzE[/video

Enjoy!

Cheers,

W
    There's something I've never heard before. Kinda space rock, reminds me of Hawkwind a bit

MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    There's something I've never heard before. Kinda space rock, reminds me of Hawkwind a bit

Freeze

I loved it as everything from 70s era... Thanks for posting good music

Today - we go down under to hear Buffalo - simply the best band from Australia... Enjoy!

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    I haven't read through all the pages of this thread, so I'm not sure if somebody's mentioned them yet, but Iron Fire is an awesome (I think Danish) power metal band. They sound to me sort of like a combination of Iron Maiden, Dragonforce, and Disturbed. Here's a link to their song Kill for Metal from their "To the Grave" album. I think it's a pretty good song to serve as an introduction to the band. This song has kind of a slow intro, but explodes after 15 or 20 seconds

Last edited by HeadOnFire; 08-26-2017 at 05:23 AM.

OS
    Android
    Oh! And how did I forget to mention?!

This is quite possibly my favorite song in the world. It is from Bruce Dickinson's Accident of Birth album and I think an explanation of its lyrics is necessary to fully appreciate what a masterpiece it really is. For the first part of the song Bruce sings of "hellriders" (obviously referring to the four horsemen of the apocalypse) coming along and doing various bad things to the world, while the chorus tells about the "Wheel of Dharma running out of time." When he finishes singing about the fourth hell rider, the song slows down and, after a brief melodic interlude and a reference to the silver surfer which is lost on me, he goes back to singing about the "Wheel of Dharma."

"Dharma" is a Buddhist term that refers to all the collective teachings of Buddha. Well, basically all Buddha ever taught was to be nice to each other. Murder, stealing, lying, war, rape, torture... just refrain from that stuff. Just don't do anything violent or deceitful, that's all Buddha ever taught. So Bruce's reference to the "Wheel of Dharma running out of time," alongside tales of the hell riders destroying society, is clearly him saying that the world is ending because we aren't being nice to each other. There is too much war and too many lies for us to go on living, but we can stave off the apocalypse, give our species a little more time and give the next generation a chance to turn it all around, if we can just be good to each other. The song is very fun and heavy at the beginning, and very emotional and uplifting at the end.

Last edited by HeadOnFire; 08-26-2017 at 05:24 AM.

OS
    Android
    Just in case you didn't know him. I think his guitar play is pretty amazing:

Inishmore-8627

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    A fun, mostly forgotten song.

EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Good evening, everyone

As some reminiscence of latest events going on here, with some dedication obviously goes to...

Iron Maiden - Falling (1969)

Enjoy!

P.S. I owned this record, yet I thought some day if I manage to meet Stevie in the near future - I will give it to him as the souvenir for remembrance the meeting and so Polish fans, so I did in 2000... Still have the digital copy ripped as wavs of the original CD in my collection and use to listen sometimes...

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy