Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Doomsday vs Rainmaker

I'd like to hear some opinion on which Eddie use skill shards: Doomsday vs Rainmaker.

Thing is I don't have primordials and this far I've using trooper Eddie so as to cleanse my team from silver debuffs (specially since iron eddie seems to be among the favourites in higher ranks). My only good talisman set is Eternal.

So I was wondering which Eddie should I use skill shards on. Since Doomsday removes all buffs, though I have to wait untill my rage skill. Or rainmaker that has 2 skills to contrast golden buffs from a single target.

Both need a high amount of shards (30 and 33) so I'd like to read some opinions on the matter. On my allies side I have: Sekhmet, corrupt rescuer assassin, horus, miss azov, warrior and sentinel lilith, undead rescuer (warrior), Osiris, gunner pharao dog, desert sniper and marauder, gunner valkirye. That's pretty much the best I have.

Thanks for your help!
    Porron-0761

Active Daily Player.

Current Champion: DOOMSDAY EDDIE

Other Champions: SAMURAI EDDIE - TROOPER EDDIE - SEKHMET - HORUS - ACES HIGH EDDIE - OSIRIS - ETERNITY EDDIE

OS
    Android
    I don't have Doomsday Eddie but if I did he would be my next Eddie to shard - no brainer really he causes me no end of grief from other teams top 100 based.
    I don't think I have seen a serious Rain maker based team since Arena began, I still haven't sharded mine....
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Rainmaker is great but he's a single target Assassin, plus he dies easily if you don't already have shroud on him. Doomsday is basically an AOE version of him who does insane damage to multiple targets. You can inflict grevious burn and crave with his basic. Grevious burn is a stupid good debuff and crave is useful for fighting a sentinel Lilith. Also, his future basic will give everyone echo if you use it on someone who has crave. His fury is a literal nuclear bomb that just wrecks the other guys.

In short, I'd pick Doomsday over Rainmaker.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Rainmaker might be Assasin by nature but not by class just to clarify....
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Rainmaker might be Assasin by nature but not by class just to clarify....
    Name:  i-dont-get-it.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  279.3 KB

What do you mean?
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    I would definitely go with Doomsday Eddie. His damage is well worth it. Looking at your list I would pair him with Osiris , Sentinel Lillith and Horus with the Eternal set. You could use GPD for heals but Osiris can heal and Doomsday can heal pretty well if need be but I almost always use Doomsday for pure damage. Sentinel Lillith will also help with heals on passive as well as putting perfect Corruption on pesky Magus Lilliths with Destiny. I prefer Strike Talisman on Osiris with Energy as he can steal and heal with counter plus revive if the opponent has Immunity which most builds have in the current meta. Horus spot is flexible in that you can use the GPD with the passive to slow damage since you have no blocker or you could use ACR as his passive can help lower the opponent defense. You have some good options but it will really fall on your talismans, relics and luck as always.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the advice guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Horus spot is flexible in that you can use the GPD with the passive to slow damage since you have no blocker or you could use ACR as his passive can help lower the opponent defense. You have some good options but it will really fall on your talismans, relics and luck as always.
    Sorry for my ignorance but... What do you mean with GPD and ACR ??

As for the talismans there's nothing I can do untill more options come out in next events, and btw, I will get phantom talismas with gauntlet AAA rank reward.

Relics I have global health at LV 8 , and single class health Lv 2, which I aim to level up these days before dmg and def relics.
    Porron-0761

Active Daily Player.

Current Champion: DOOMSDAY EDDIE

Other Champions: SAMURAI EDDIE - TROOPER EDDIE - SEKHMET - HORUS - ACES HIGH EDDIE - OSIRIS - ETERNITY EDDIE

OS
    Android
    They're just abbreviations. GPD = Golden Pharaoh Dog and ACR = Assassin Corrupt Rescuer.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    iOS
    Always choose a new 4 star Eddie over old, old 5 star Eddies. The 4 stars are overpowered and put the old 5 stars to shame. The main thing to remember in this "game" is that the last 5 characters released (especially Eddies or "specials" like Lilith/Gods etc) will be WAY more powerful than ANY previously released character.

The only time weaker characters are released is during those "farm LOL for a 4 star character" events.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    The last couple of 4 star Eddies are stronger than most 5 stars, Doomsday and Iron both severe and the Bregg one also tough. You should power Doomsday because of overall versatility. My Rainmaker team is great but I really need to be driving in order for me to make use of his power. AI does no justice and as Rags pointed out is not a popular choice in PVP, even though he has lost to my Rainmaker team on several occasions. My Rainmaker team is in the +90% win bracket with Shadow talismans and a perfect hit granting ally running immunity talismans to counter the ever present Prisoner with Primordials. This setup works better if I do not go first and get power so the Stab skill removes 4 effects including yellow, then I get another turn to use Darkness which has a 35% chance for another turn. Each of these hits is pulling hi 5 figure to 6 figure damage. Basically kicking ads. Defense has been acceptable but perhaps a Doomsday team yields better numbers? Attachment 4859