Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Weak defense V2

OS
    iOS
    I’ve had a single Eddie without Talismans the last couple arena events

It’s awesome and I’m perplexed more people don’t do it

There’s kind of a fraternity - repeated revenges back and forth with the other single-Eddie guys - good for a quick and easy 20 wins a day. Over 7 days that’s 140 wins or almost half the way towards 300!

If you’re going top 100 I get why you’d have a tougher defense in.

Anything below that? You’re just making your life harder with a full-on defense in place...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    A while back I had a full defence set up for infuriating the attacker as much as possible-

Corrupt General (With Paralysis and Freeze sets)
    Allied Bomber boy (Paralysis and Freeze sets)
    Gunner War Dog (With Echo set and something else)
    Mystic Eddie (my best and favourite Eddie)

I figured that if other people would break my defence anyway, I'd annoy the hell out of them for doing it. Nowadays I'm not sure why I run a full defence, might reconsider it

OS
    Android
    Nicko: Exactly Re: top 100. Even then, I finished last event <100 and that was with a single Eddie defense for all but the last 12 hours of the event. I've been able to finish 3 times in the top 100 with a single Eddie defense for the entire week too.

Helps of course that the weekly click over is 10am my time, so I can build up any overnight losses and get back to >100.

Note: I'm not just attacking weak defense people, but they almost always get all of my revenges every day, unless it's a few hours to click over and I still have some revenges up my sleeve.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Thanks to Douchebag, Kelek and Jason for the multiple battles today.
    desprezo-9297, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    Nicko: Exactly Re: top 100. Even then, I finished last event <100 and that was with a single Eddie defense for all but the last 12 hours of the event. I've been able to finish 3 times in the top 100 with a single Eddie defense for the entire week too.

Helps of course that the weekly click over is 10am my time, so I can build up any overnight losses and get back to >100.

Note: I'm not just attacking weak defense people, but they almost always get all of my revenges every day, unless it's a few hours to click over and I still have some revenges up my sleeve.
    I understood last weekend, that to get into PvP top I need to stay awake til 3:00AM Sunday morning. It means I should ruin all my weekend. It's not worth it.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    That's true and a real issue for us europeans. I normally try to be around rank 80 when I go to sleep and hope to be rank 99 at reset time... I really don't understand why they don't change the reset time once in a while to change the advantaged continent. Dynamic time (and also day) would be really cool.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    As for me, in Argentina, the reset takes place on saturdays at 21 hs, so I usually manage to get a decent rank even though I had a standalone eddie for the entire event. And also try to leave some defensive fight just in case, which i normally do pretty quickly.

I got to +400 on the last event, but now with gauntlet I'll stay at 300 with the talisman set. Hope they change gauntlet's cost soon.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Porron87 View Post
    Hope they change gauntlet's cost soon.
    In 2 hours the update will start!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    In 2 hours the update will start!
    Ok so this is the Night City one right on?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    That's true and a real issue for us europeans. I normally try to be around rank 80 when I go to sleep and hope to be rank 99 at reset time... I really don't understand why they don't change the reset time once in a while to change the advantaged continent. Dynamic time (and also day) would be really cool.
    Why not just have regional leader boards - would help to level the playing field.