Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

I really don't understand how Relics are supposed to work.

This makes little sense to me....

I fight a PvP battle... Characters were nothing out of the ordinary, G Lilith, Cyborg, Horus, M Lilith... beaten that set up a great deal... but... I lose.. no big deal clearly the Ai was giving the boost it gives.

Fight the same team again... and lose again. Pretty rare for me, but not impossible.

So the 3rd time in I check relics....

That team had MAYBE 4 relics.. global health around level 7 and then global ATK and Mag at level 2.. and then typically class HP at about level 4-6. That was it.. not a great many relics.... But compare that to my relics.. full HP global and class, level 4 or better for everything else, level 10 Fury...

Theoretically the relics I have should have made quick work of that team in all 3 instances. So then how are relics calculated??? Is THAT the AI Boost? That sometimes the AI merely ignores relics or boosts relics that are NOT present??? There's no reason whatsoever I would lose to that team twice (I won the 3rd battle). I had at least 100% more HP per character via relics. I had at least a 40% or better boost to all other stats.... so why was it not a quick battle?

Note that even after killing the M Lilith that team was more resilient that it should have been and it wasn't due to the Eternity talismans clearly on Horus.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Hi Yup.

It's difficult to say exactly what happened or why you lost those 2 battles without a more complete picture (i.e. your team set up, attacks used, talismans present etc.).

Regarding how Relics work, they modify the base stats of characters, and they are always active in any battle. You will see the most meaningful increases in characters that have a higher default base stat. Also, there is no 'AI boost' present in the game. AI uses the same system as our 'auto-play' feature.

I hope that helps!

Banned
    ...and all fairy tales are real stories
    Last edited by Liebhild; 08-23-2018 at 04:42 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Hi Leviathan,

That's the thing... I use pretty much the same team. For the 3rd battle, I beat this team rather easily. But the first two battles were a near impossible uphill struggle. Not because of specific moves, but because of the impact they had. It was as if I had 4 relics and the other team had 20. If I fight the same team, with the same team, several times in a row and twice there's no way I'm winning... and the third time all I need is 3/4 of 1 turn.. well....I realize that the specific battles would need to be examined and no one really cares or wants to do that. Not faulting anyone there.

I'm sorry but I do not believe the "no Ai boost" claims. I understand stats may not be boosted, but accuracy absolutely appears boosted at times by 15-20% - talismans fire more, extra turns near double-digit values for the AI team when I can't even get 1, etc. I've tested this theory with a PHP random generator. It's clearly not my perception. There's a marked difference in results at 35% and results at 50%. The ONLY way M Lilith (or any "extra turn" character) can get 6/7 or more turns in a row is if the accuracy is around 50% or greater. In dozens of tests at 35% the maximum extra turns should be around 3 or 4, and even that should be very rare. Most often at 35% it's 2 maybe 3, which is what I've always experienced for the Attack team.

Now multiply this by all possible accuracy options - talisman buffs, extra turns, negative buff inflictions, stealing buffs ... and if the character has a native 85% chance due to skill shards, you are now looking at a 100% chance when the AI gets it's boost. There are absolutely battles where the Ai is favored.

My suspicion, and why I started this thread, is that Relics ALSO may be factored by accuracy. As in, the +30% Magic Resistance has a % chance of acting. But there's no data or even discussion about relics in this way. If you say they are "always on" then I believe that and it's merely the other aspects boosted by accuracy that I keep seeing.

I can say, my full power Alex Ed, should EASILY defeat a full powered Cyborg Ed in every possible situation and talisman combo. 1 for 1, there's no way Cyborg beats Alex. Throw in relics and that gap expands greatly. It's the support team with boosts that make things more complex.
    Last edited by Yup; 08-23-2018 at 06:24 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    There is definetely something with the AI. Horus/Corrupt General stun is ridiculous. I don't know if it is a boost or some kind of handicap or whatever, but something is up there. No doubt. That S Valkyrie (or priestess, don't remember now) counter attack is not 35% on AI, no way.
    Daniel-3568

OS
    Android
    Lol, the devs could literally show you the exact coding involving the computer A.I. and you would still say there's a hidden boost.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Amarthir.. I doubt the devs "literally" even know the exact code controlling all of PvP. As stated, sure there's no stat boost.. but denying the accuracy boost is playing dumb. There absolutely no other explanation for a character getting 6/7/8 turns in a row. Even RNG isn't that "lucky".
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    I have also felt even disgusted about M Lilith extra turns (no less than 3 times every time I fight it). And my samurai eddie with full basic attack and accuracy buff rarely gets more than 2 extra turns.

Also the stun chance in corrupt general/horus has made me use immunity talismans in some characters so as to not get stunned at least in the first round.

OS
    Android
    I never really pay attention to my fights. I just win them.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings