Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

The new constant iOS debacle

Hi Devs, what is happening since the last 3 or 4 updates, iOS is now always taking between a day and two days to update?. I spit out iOS apps for my clients and and I must say I don’t understand what happens here, the process is simple you release an app to the AppStore with a “planned go live date and time” at least a week in advance to give them time to review and approve it and on the right time it goes live.

It seems that you were doing this before as there were no issues for the first 18 months but that you are now pushing your update on the day of the planned release and that will always result in crazy delays for all of us...

Please fix your internal processes around release management and QA.

Thx!
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    I don't have iOS myself, but this is clearly unfair! All updates seem to be rushed, as testing seems to be skipped aswell. Sometimes it feels like someone else decides when the update takes place, independent if the programmers are ready or not. I cannot understand this. We don't get updates that frequently, so why are they so bugged then? And - as you say Patrice - why aren't they handed to iOS one week earlier and as soon as they are approved, they are handed to Google Play?
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

Simply because they are being rushed and they push it right after the clock strikes a planned hour regardless of if all the things work or have been checked.

What i don’t understand is-why don’t they learn from their own mistakes and release patches at some “more relaxed” times instead of in the middle of an arena event. i mean....no free ironite will help me to catch up with having to physically play 180 battle to get the ridiculous 300 mark!!! i have a life, you know?!

OS
    iOS
    Thank you for this post, Patrice. Exactly my thoughts.
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    iOS
    It is an embarrasment. I am just not sure how this happens - sorry but if other companies did this I am sure people would be shown the dorr for the same mistakes time after time. Like you I would like ot know what has changed over last few months - something has changed and I get the feeling it is not an Apple fault - they seem to get the blame here but it never used to happen and I cannot imaging Apple have such poor service and do not notice it on any other apps I have but then I am not on them all the time I suppose.

If I do not get my full set at least (same for everyone) then if anyone has paid 500 ironite they should get it back plus the we are sorry pack. I bought them knowing I wont get beyond the four in the event as I find it hard to find the time this week.

Have the devs said anyting or are they all stil in their beds?
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    You can tell: This is really unfair. Like he rest I can‘t use my troopers (which I use daily), I can‘t fulfill the mark of 300 in the event, I can‘t reach the daily’s, I lose a big amount of SoW and SoT which I do have to buy later on buy paying with ironite, of course, if the game will work somewhen. And this is just because I‘m using IOS?
    I have been playing this game since day one and it‘s happening more and more ...

OS
    iOS
    There was an update yesterday, and it caused a lot of problems. I saw "scarecrow" characters and there were problems in the Gauntlet.

So it all went back off line and has been since. I guess the new updates were fixed and submitted to Apple?

Question for Patrice, and those of you who know about these things, can't you update your app with out having to submit every line of code to Apple? Seems to me hotfixes wouldn't need a complete approval?

Just wondering how the back end works.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    iOS
    No you need to submit the whole thing. The key is to separate assets from logic and only have the assets as part of the app code so that only structural changes require an app update.

But the real issue is that no update should be submitted to Google and Apple until thorough testing including regression testing has occurred and these update should only be made public once accepted by both platforms.

Honestly devs please, less events, more QA from now on!
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    Perhaps there's an issue with lootbox and incorrect odds which Apple isn't liking?? (wishful thinking)
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Maybe developers finally had enough and quit... Walked off the job. Maybe game isn’t coming back?
    No word from them...