Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Losing interest in the Arena

Is anyone else losing interest in the arena due to all the new op talisman. Its who gets the buffs win. I am not including the recent bugs for lost of interest. The battles are just getting to long to play, dont know how people have the time for 500+ battles each week.

OS
    Android
    Yep. I barely play arena, only really doing my daily battle for the rewards. I give events somewhat of a go, but otherwise, I have no real interest.
    For me, it's just too time-consuming and pointless. I don't have many fully-sharded characters, and I'm never able to get above 200 in rank due to both low Ironite and simply not being able to win against higher teams.
    In terms of talismans, I have Eternal, Oracle and Valor (If counting both accounts), but I haven't ever used Valor (Or even levelled them up to 5*) and I only had interest in Oracle because it's really helpful for BNW.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    You through primordial, eternal and destiny along with Osiris and the buffs go wild.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    You through primordial, eternal and destiny along with Osiris and the buffs go wild.
    Right?! I thought having 2 Horus (One with Eternals, other with Nightmare+Guard or whatever) paired with Osiris and Ed the Great was bad, but when you bring in the rest of the OP talismans, it's just impossible.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    Agree, arena is not a feature I play anymore, except for the daily reward.

I only play it when there are events, merely to get the rewards... And if it wasn't for the weak defense that many of us set, it would be impossible to reach those milestones now with all these strong chars...
    Most of times you have to face osiris-blue lilith-horus and an eddie with a primordial set.. Nearly impossible to win and if you can, you need like 10 min per fight.. Too much

OS
    Android
    It's looking like battling gauntlet to level AAA if possible is the best use of time and SoW. The rewards aren't too bad and the IC is nice, if the new changes stay in place with brought back on line.

OS
    Android
    I like to stay in the lower rankings where you don't see teams with all that. It's fun for me there :3

With the way that the Gauntlet cost and rewards were tweaked before they snatched it away from us like a step mother taking away a baby's toy, it was looking to be a much more entertaining replacement for arena.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Yes I totally agree. I was surprised nobody else was complaining about the current arena balance state. I used to have fun rolling arena battles in a pinch. And now with golden buffs galore and relics stacked, a fight takes like 15 minutes; I'm like "I don't have time for this s**t" press exit and concede. And I don't think this state of the arena will be changed in the near future.

Blue lilith with invincibility provided from destiny and perfect immunity makes her whole team invincible. And really just a handful of characters deal with that. If at all possible..

I'm considering to put a weak defense stay at lower ranks and play gauntlet until I get the upper hand in relics and develop a solution against the current meta.

OS
    Android
    I have been in the top 50-100 for the last few months and it has lost its appeal, the extra frags and ironite is nice but not worth the time anymore. I could probably make the same iron coins at lower ranks with way fewer losses and trouble. I think they OP'd the fun out of the arena.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by corvus83 View Post
    play gauntlet
    Gauntlet? What is Gauntlet and where can I find it?

Really diappointed that it got removed. Reducing the SoW costs, increasing the IC per win and change some equipped Talisman sets seems like it was too much for the code of the game and broke it completely.

It's a shame, especially right now, as Arena is also totally broken and this Gauntlet season was about a Talis set that I wanted to have. I sit on 2 of the 3-set energy-shield Talis since they showed up for the first time - I think it was during last christmas.... btw I am still annoyed from this! Forcing people to do 300 wins over the christmas days - the most family related days of the complete year...thanks again for this nice, friendly and human decision
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020