Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Return Gauntlet. Wanting to continue my run in this excellent hi-stakes PVNF feature. Why was it pulled?

OS
    Android
    Now even less desire to play with all the hangs. Last week had only one, this week 4 so far.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Is anyone else losing interest in the arena due to all the new op talisman. Its who gets the buffs win. I am not including the recent bugs for lost of interest. The battles are just getting to long to play, dont know how people have the time for 500+ battles each week.
    Well well! What have I found here? I was looking for an old "Congrats to arena efforts" thread I started a few months back and came across this gem....

Muzzleloader congrats on your current arena status - no this is not a piss take, good work Buddy top 25 bound in the current talisman/character/AI prolific environment, that's a really good effort! I hope I can join you up here in future weeks.
    Cheers!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Rags. The only reason I am here is because of the dungeon event dropping SoW, and partially neglecting gauntlet this event. Otherwise I would be around top 100 or less. The IC earned is nice. I will get FFE at the end of gauntlet, and was only one vortex from prime. Ran out of time to unexpectedly phone upgrade, had plenty of fodder.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

Yeah... I generally do my daily 1 battle and then towards the end of the week I do enough to get over 1900. It's kinda nice and laid back since by the end of the week I've dropped back so low in the ranking that I can make up enough points in about a half hour. Gauntlet is fun but I get tired swapping talismans around when you get to the class specific and no duplicates rounds. Now if there was an easier way to swap talismans, that could be a game changer. I also don't like the fact that in Gauntlet you are forced to have dupes for certain levels, but you have no way of knowing which talismans you have on which character. I can see the skill shards, but not the talisman combination. They only way to tell the difference is if you go write down the stats of each and refer to your reference sheet. It's easy when you only have two of a character and you have one "Locked" and the other isn't... that's an easy way to tell... but when you have 4 or 5 of one, you really have no way of knowing. I'm going off post now so I'll stop...

Sorry...
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    He's a good reason to lose interest in the arena. I was doing a battle and it came down to my Ferryman and the opponents Charlotte. She couldn't hurt my Ferryman, but she got on multiple attracts that consisted of 10 extra turns in a row. It ended up in a draw due to get healing, but I could have beaten her if it weren't for the multiple 10 turns and healing. The ai really needs some adjusting. The we no echo or other indicators that should have given 10 turns in a row....

OS
    Android
    At least she wasn't able to revive her allies. I would hate to be a new to mid level player in the arena. With all the newer toons it is becoming difficult and time consuming to play. I have quit playing and my nephew is using my account and he is getting his butt kicked in the arena/gauntlet.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    my first 3 battles of the day was explosion loop when i killed the defense= 3 defeat.............i love arena...
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    At least she wasn't able to revive her allies. I would hate to be a new to mid level player in the arena. With all the newer toons it is becoming difficult and time consuming to play. I have quit playing and my nephew is using my account and he is getting his butt kicked in the arena/gauntlet.
    Hey ML clear your inbox!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    It is ENTIRELY about buffs now... Mostly things like Tower, Warlord, Mimic, and at times, Primordials still -- the only way to make fun of it is to pay attention to buffs... removing then granting them etc. The character strengths themselves aren't the factor they used to be.

AND... death makes characters weaker, even if they revive. SOME passives fail after death - Prisoner, Charlotte, A Banshee - no passives upon revive. But some remain active , mostly blockers - M Lilith, S Desert Guard, etc. And talisman passives also fail after reviving. So, that can be some good at least.

All in all, I don' think it's any bette or worse than it has been. It's just different. I get my ass handed to me by teams I should beat in 1 turn all due to that (not there) AI accuracy boost granting every possible buff it can grant. And failing to allow my team to remove buffs when it should.

-------

I mean this is why dawn of the Ancient Mariner was lackluster. overall and you only see him occasionally..... he doesn't do anything special with buffs And you are already disabling passives due to A Banshee.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..