Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

mega-packs aka waste your ironites

I don't know how many x900 ironites you need to waste in order to get a character that is worth. The last 2 weeks I've wasted not only my ironites (more than 6000) but my heroic soul fragments that I kept only to get beast eddie (of course I didn't get him, not after more than 40!! tries)
    the irony in this "featuring an INCREASED chance for whatever character" is just frustrating. What would be the chances if it wasn't increased? one in a million?
    how would someone buy the packs if they're not giving the characters? ... it doesn't make sense.

OS
    Android
    It is because this game has a strong gambling tendency. You see it as most skills have a "chance" to apply effects, only seldom a guarantee. And the souls...well...this is to create the money! Last pack I bought was when the Liliths were introduced, a big fault!
    Increased means increased, but still almost zero. In this case it is 0.0168 * 0.41 = 0.0068 = 0.7%
    The "increase" comes from the 41% IF you get a 5*. As there are many 5*, your chance would be even smaller than 0.7%
    This is chasing the dragon
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    now it makes sense. I was thinking I can't be that unlucky. but with a 0.7% I might as well be haha

OS
    iOS
    ...if you aren't saving characters for months, or spending a lot of money for ironite and then event souls.... things are designed for you to miss out on new characters. That's how they want it. To drive the "must have" and FOMO factors to get you to spend, spend, spend, spend.

But think about it.. what's the new character going to do for you??? It won't make playing the Cosmos, BNW, or LOL any easier unless you started playing recently and don't already have any level 100 5 star, skill sharded, characters. It MIGHT improve your PvP standing.. but what's there? Just iron Coins, which have no real purpose other than to get other characters or relics. But again, it's not like there's ANYTHING new to do with new characters.

So really new character, new character, new character... blah.. they don't matter. There's NOTHING new to do with the characters. Collet them all.. get 5 of each.. so what? How is that, in any way, a "game"?

(And don't go harping the Gauntlet is new... it's just automated PvP, with higher costs to evaporate resources faster and drive the FOMO for duplicates.... which in turn is designed to again get you to spend, spend, spend... that's all.)
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    The luck of the draw can be quite annoying.

I did a LOT of sacrifices, 3 Ultimates (VII), many many Exalted (VI), and lots and lots of little stuff. I've racked up over 20 vortexes (counting by the number of alchemist shards I collected, at 15 per vortex) and with all the HUbris souls I got through that, I got nothing useful.

Sure, from some of the other souls I got Benjamin Breeg, but otherwise nothing I didn't have before (and all went into the Sacrifice pit).

So since I had a bit of ironite over my usual "minimum I try not to use" amount (some thanks to the 666 ironite for the bugs), I bought a megapack of Hubris souls.

Out of that, I got Daedalus.

*sigh*
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    I've racked up over 20 vortexes
    Wow, amazing!
    May I ask where you got all the sacrifice material from, as the last big sacrifice event was only 2 weeks ago?
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    20 vortexes...!!! i'd expect you got killers eddie before he's even out with such thing!
    i did my first vortex 2 days ago, i got 15 rare gun/assasin souls and 5? legendary souls. I was so excited i'd get something cool. i got s@#$. after reading this I won't hurry so much for my next one... (and it takes time to find characters that actually have enough value to sacrifice)

OS
    Android
    The longer you play the easier the sacrifices become once you get all the toons you want. I dont buy any event souls, save all my ironite for the events. The LoL event is the best in payoffs, you earn evo shards and sacrifice toons. Going for the liliths give some good lilith sacrifices.

Without spending real money it's easy to earn enough sacrifices for at least one vortex per month. The hard decision now is what troops to keep as dupes for gauntlet or sacrifice for the new OP toon.

OS
    Android
    it's always the same players that have new toons, for me it is because they spend money in the game, i don't see another answer for all that shit loot for same players always and always
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Yup said it best. It made me think about my quest for characters. I find I farm almost exclusively with FOTD, Regina and Wickerman. I seldom use any of my other Eddie's or toons. In PVP I am the same side from substituting FOTD for Beast Eddie or DDE. I guess I'm a true collector lol