Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    ...if you aren't saving characters for months, or spending a lot of money for ironite and then event souls.... things are designed for you to miss out on new characters. That's how they want it. To drive the "must have" and FOMO factors to get you to spend, spend, spend, spend.

But think about it.. what's the new character going to do for you??? It won't make playing the Cosmos, BNW, or LOL any easier unless you started playing recently and don't already have any level 100 5 star, skill sharded, characters. It MIGHT improve your PvP standing.. but what's there? Just iron Coins, which have no real purpose other than to get other characters or relics. But again, it's not like there's ANYTHING new to do with new characters.

So really new character, new character, new character... blah.. they don't matter. There's NOTHING new to do with the characters. Collet them all.. get 5 of each.. so what? How is that, in any way, a "game"?

(And don't go harping the Gauntlet is new... it's just automated PvP, with higher costs to evaporate resources faster and drive the FOMO for duplicates.... which in turn is designed to again get you to spend, spend, spend... that's all.)
    Wow now even Gauntlet is shit? Your negativity is amazing...each and every post you make is the same, i wonder why you keep playing then.

I gotta "defend" the game this time: I got several times the new event character, even if not most of the times of course...and note that i've never spent a cent for this game.

OS
    Android
    I only ever really spend money on the ironite sub and sometimes those special offers that they occasionally throw in. Especially the ones that will grant you like 150 ironite a day to 2 weeks because your ironite will just blow up and you'll still have most of your money.

As for these Icarus and Daedalus type characters, they'd be great to have, but spending straight ironite on these event souls will always be a waste of ironite unless you have an excessive hoard and happen to get lucky. I'd save it only for arena, Lord of light, brave New world type events.

As for the growing negativity from some of my fellow troopers, I already stated my opinions on THAT matter with other people here and don't feel the need to jump back into the drama. Even though sometimes I reeeeeeaally want to.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I just get tired of all the whining about RNG and the odds of pulling characters. We all know what the odds are and they dont change, we just get the same complaining each event.

The same complaints about frag drops in LoL events, and BNW drops. Any short term run may give good or bad drop rates. Play over several days and they even out. It took me 14 lilith souls to finally pull a gunner, it's just a game and get used to the drops, play on and have fun.

OS
    Android
    Basically last sac event I got the special char from that and completed the event rewards, then stopped. This meant I didn't use all my souls then.

From then I kept every soul I could, used only a common soul for each days. I only redeemed one of the judgement souls and one of the magus soulless demon souls, and kept the rest on hand. Also, I got a trooper eddie through fragments which I kept. I also used gold to buy a legendary soul each month.

I also sacrificed some dupes (sentinel lillith, assassin lillith, warrior lillith, osiris, a bunch of 4 & 5* eddies, etc). FWIW I still have 2x osiris's (I got 3 - the RNG liked me that day).

I have a fair bit of gold, and had an absolute crap-ton of fragments, so where possible I power up 4 & 5* chars to either lvl 80 (4*) or lvl 100 (5*) before sacrificing them. This meant I got a LOT of Tier VI sacrifices, which really helps getting those vortexes.

I poured all the souls I got from Tier VI & Tier VII sacrifices and Vortexes back into the sac pit, usually after powering the 4 & 5* ones up. I got quite a few 5* Gunner eddies (hallowed, cyber, aces high) who give a quite good amount of essence.

FWIW: I still don't have Crusader Eddie or Icarus.

PS: I was not having a whinge about the game earlier. I was simply pointing out that you can throw a lot at it and get nothing out, and sometimes you can drop a single soul into the book and get high powered characters. It's all down to just what randomness comes your way at the time.
    Last edited by Cefiar; 09-14-2018 at 11:58 PM.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    I just get tired of all the whining about RNG and the odds of pulling characters. We all know what the odds are and they dont change, we just get the same complaining each event.

The same complaints about frag drops in LoL events, and BNW drops. Any short term run may give good or bad drop rates. Play over several days and they even out. It took me 14 lilith souls to finally pull a gunner, it's just a game and get used to the drops, play on and have fun.
    Exactly, RNG is and will always be, just random. I've gotten a Lillith soul every month since they came out and I still do not have the warrior yet. I play alot of games involving rng and this game is literally no different than the others in that the odds are extremely low for the ones you want.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Exactly, RNG is and will always be, just random.
    And here you are very wrong. Random in LotB is NOT random. Do some math and you will maybe also recognize.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebhild View Post
    And here you are very wrong. Random in LotB is NOT random. Do some math and you will maybe also recognize.
    I would be inclined to believe you if, in fact, you were believable. 'member the crimson and gold event that gave some players hundreds of rare, GA and legendary souls? Yeah I threw out thousands of them and recorded the draws and everybody showed up in equal amounts and the numbers did in fact, balance out according to the drop rate.

So yeah.... I DID do the math... And I'm right.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    So yeah.... I DID do the math... And I'm right.
    I can confirm this. I was also one of the "lottery winners" in the Crimson and Gold event. The drop rates I saw were in line with what was advertised.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    Last 2 sac events.. over 100 souls each event... 2 5 star characters (CG and wCotD).. just 2..... sac events here have turned to total shit.

Why the hell am I still playing the "game"???
    Last edited by Yup; 09-15-2018 at 02:49 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I would want the new characters more if the animation and graphics for them were better. I am not complaining about the game—I really think it’s great. I just notice as I’m sure others have that characters are recycled. Osiris, Set & Horus—Benjamin Breeg & Clansman—and now Aset & Icarus to name just a few. If there are “new new” characters I try to get them. If they look and move the same not so much. That’s just as important to me as the skills they have or I may as well be playing a text based game.