Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I have to fess up my horns came out today, after sacrificing everything I'd saved in the three weeks since the last sac event I must have turned in I don't know for sure but I had 2 x vortex fills and 2 x 6 tier fills and several 5 tier fills. Whatever that gets you in hubris souls....
    Out of that I got nothing, I'm kinda doing ok in PVP but have seen soooo many teams with one or both of the new characters I got caught in the trap.
    After so much luck recently with souls dropping I.e Crusader, Osiris, etc... I could not except that in all the soul drops I did not pull at least one of them!
    So I purchased an Aussie dollars $80.00 bundle which had 1800 ironite over the 1200 I already had, I purchased the hubris mega pack x2 that is 1800 ironite, it produced a dupe Hallowed Eddie the rest were mainly 3* characters, still no new characters so I went a way for a little while then returned purchased an ironite top up of 675, and purchased another mega pack, dropped another 10 hubris souls in still nothing only 1 x 4* G Hellraiser.

I am annoyed but not complaining, rather I write this as a warning to all, I know better than what I did today and still I fell in the trap!
    I will stick to my past strategy of only purchasing worthwhile ironite bundles maybe once a month twice if truly worth it.
    It's only money I will get more but I will be very cautious in future idiot that I am....
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    this game is one big betting...

OS
    Android
    As much as I've been tempted to, this is why I'll never spend money on this game. The rates are just too low for it to be worth it. Ironite is somewhat easy to get hold of by completing Skull Quests (And hoping for the best), grinding Powerslave, through completing the Daily Challenges and from the Arena every week. As for souls, I'd rather only have a few than spend money, have loads and turn out for them all to be 3* dupes. If it takes me a few months to get characters, fair enough. IMO, getting a character I've been waiting to get for ages feels a bit more rewarding.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    And after all this, we keep on playing
    desprezo-9297, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by desprezo View Post
    And after all this, we keep on playing
    Yep, and until they stop releasing new stuff, we'll all keep continuing because of that need of have everything lol
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    I would be inclined to believe you if, in fact, you were believable. 'member the crimson and gold event that gave some players hundreds of rare, GA and legendary souls? Yeah I threw out thousands of them and recorded the draws and everybody showed up in equal amounts and the numbers did in fact, balance out according to the drop rate.

So yeah.... I DID do the math... And I'm right.
    Then tell me how likely it is to get 6 IE and 3 BE almost in row???

OS
    iOS
    200+ event souls souls and only 2 5 stars... that's 0.01%... which is what the game states.. but is horrific nonetheless. Which is why I question why I'm even bothering....... seriously.. starting to really see the futility in it all.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Random Number Generation is HARD. It's also non-intuitive to understand sometimes, especially when you get multiple requests on a single source from different clients. It's also usually done at the OS level, not at the program level. Sure you can do it at the program level, but that is significantly slower usually as you're naturally treating your "pseudo random" input (which most likely comes from the OS's RNG, lets face it) as suspect and then performing permutations on it to produce even more seemingly random data, at the expense of CPU time.

The only thing I am wondering about here is if the server produces the randomness for character selection, or the client. It could even be both.

If it's the client then most likely your device (iOS or Android) is to blame, with maybe a really small amount of blame for the software framework (ie: Unity).

If it's the server, then the only advice is to make sure that any hardware randomness tools are enabled to add entropy to the random number generation pool, or add devices to do just that if it's not enough by itself.

Without appropriate amounts of hardware generated random entropy, software random number generators can produce weird or non-random output (ie: small loops of repeating or similar data is possible). Many random number generators will block (stall giving output) when the entropy is low, but in many situations you can bypass this for lower quality output (FWIW: Bad idea if it's for encryption/cryptography).

Also, Hardware RNG's usually have fixed output speeds (not super fast), so it's not like you can continually pull on them for a true random number in a tight loop. Also, they're not necessarily infallible (hardware can have issues or bugs just like software). This is why places that need insane amounts of randomness, for things like encryption/cryptography, usually add external sources to their systems to add more entropy (eg: Cloudflare - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUUfMeOijg ).

Almost all Intel/AMD PC CPU's have built in Hardware RNG's, but depending on your OS, this may or may not be being used by default.

Virtual machines (such as many hosting services) in some cases don't expose the underlying Hardware RNG's, or have multiple servers accessing the one Hardware RNG, so less randomness to share around.

I have no idea what Hardware RNG is like for iOS or Android devices (I've only really looked at this for servers), but I wouldn't be surprised if they have them, but also not surprised if they don't or have not very good ones.

Now in a server, you get multiple requests on an RNG. This causes splitting of those numbers in weird ways. A few to client 1, a few to client 2, a few to client 3, a few to client 1 again, more to client 4, some to client 3, some to client 5, etc. That can cause one client to get repeats or numbers that they wouldn't see as often if they were the only user. And the same happens further inside, when you get multiple programs or threads pulling random numbers for their respective processes (eg: not just the game server, but for encryption/cryptography, databases, etc).

Oh and before anyone says that there are plenty of examples of good pseudo random number generator code on the net: Most of them rely on random entropy, usually from another RNG or supposed "random" input. There's also a lot of crap out there masquerading as good, and even some of the seemingly good stuff has bugs.

As I said, Random Number Generation is HARD. Oh and humans are really BAD at spotting randomness as we see patterns in everything, whether they're there or not.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    So....Cefiar is a NF "plant" here You just blew your cover, buddy Spartan is that you???
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    2 out of 200+ is close to 1% not 0.01%. As you stated that is the given odds for pulling a 5* toon, not the odds of pulling the main character.

During the God events I didn't pull any gods until the last 6 souls and then I pulled 2 Osiris. Too many think the odds seem to be too low and unfair. If everyone pulled the new OP toon each event would it not be defeating the purpose of benefiting active players with the new toon or just the lucky ones.

Some could say it is unfair to have real money only purchases, the ones who wont or cant make the purchases could be considered to be at an unfair disadvantage. I find this just a game and if others spend real money or play more often than I, then they deserve to have the better teams and the new toons.

I haven't pulled one of the last 5 Eddie's as of yet, that's the way it goes. I pulled 6 SSE, while others haven't received one. That is sometimes how RNG plays out.