Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    iOS
    I don't believe it was pay ONLY since I have 2 sets of them. You can usually only purchase once right? The other set had to have been from an event... I mean am I right? If I'm wrong I apologize and if it truly was pay only hopefully they'll bring it and other sets (primordials!) round for Christmas as a gift or something.

Once they've gotten the suckers who will pay for it --like me apparently lol --to buy a set, then they may as well let everyone else get them a bit later. At least that's what I would do... Which brings me to another idea I had.

We've had troopers from the beginning. Wouldn't it be cool if we could let our fellow troopers on our list "borrow" a set of our talismans for a single 24 hour period once per week? It would be like getting to use the cool new Eddie you didn't get but instead you could try the talismans on different characters you have. Not sure it would ever happen but it would be nice -- especially for newer players with less "resources".
    Name’s pronounced “Zoog-zwong

OS
    Android
    I am 100% sure that they were pay only, otherwise I would have them. I categorically reject this pay-only thing. For me, it's the same as cheating, but that's just my opinion. Winning against a buyer$ team is much more satisfying for me, lol
    Normally if they sell Talis in the shop you have 2 offers: 1) the specific $et 2) the combo with another $et. So this should be the reason why you have 2 $ets.

These buy-only things should give people an immediate advantage. But I am completely with you that this advantage should only last for a specific duration that is somewhere 2-4 months in my opinion. I wrote about that often, so I won't repeat myself here. After heavy complaints, Destiny Talis showed up for Trooper Badges that had been pay-only before.

Actually I was hoping that the revenge set would be part of the Gauntlet rewards this time. Unfortunately the Necros are back, which we had already... does that mean that the circle is closed and all the Talis we have seen before will just repeat now?
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    agree that revenge talismans are great but i don't have them,i am thinking about destiny

OS
    iOS
    You make good points. But often they do have a pay option and an event option. Maybe Revenge tali’s were pay only but there were many others that could be gotten by playing the event.

Here is my opinion. Buying a pay only talisman may give an advantage in the arena, but there is still guantlet and the other areas it helps in as well which doesn’t directly effect other player’s experience. Also if it makes you feel any better, my other set of revenge is unused because it is not worth putting on 2 allies in the same battle. It’s just not THAT good.

So it’s not simply to “cheat” in the arena. Buying also helps keep the game going. If people didn’t make purchases it wouldn’t last as long. I’ve seen games I used to play last less than a year because they weren’t popular/supported enough.

OS
    iOS
    On Icarus I use Destiny and Sustaining at the moment but they don't do much for my build as I rarely need defensive shields though the damage mitigation helps. What is needed is power so I may switch it out to Energy and something else. Would love to have Avenger but somehow I missed out.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121