Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Things seem to be getting a bit crazy on here. So many folk with the same concerns - I bet most folk saying the same stuff are us old timers on here. I think the game must be much better for newer folk and they are going to be in the vast majority of players who are still building and enjoying the game. I know a few folk who started playing since the tour and they love the game to bit - no joke, they love it and are in no way bothered about anything we are. They also seem to get shed loads of decent BoS pulls too so that keep them going and buying upgrades......I can see why we are being 'sidelined' a bit compared to newer folk and in many ways that makes business sense to keep pushing that approach.

Most of us old timers do nto need to buy much as we have hundreds of everything - I certianly do. So the only thing I might buy frm time to time is a talisman set or maybe ironite. I long ago gave up on soul packs as I am sure many of us have as the chances of getting that character or two that you do not have is so rare as to be daft to even consider.

I just got my Alexander at last - and I am happy about that. For me this is the only way forward for collectors - I want all the characters eventually (need Crusader and Set for example) and working towards them is mostly all I am doing. So it is less of a game now than it was a year or more ago - it has been trooper grind, Cosmos grind, LOL grind etc etc as most of us long term players can probably auto every level more or less so auto while excellent for farming is really not playing as such so zero entertainment acheived. PVP and gauntlet is really, for me, the only 'playable' areas though even auto is fine on many levels of gauntlet. Gauntlet is OK to play and is a challenge to the roster you have but again, all of the SoW for reaching AAA to get a full set of a tally (you most likely already have unless they are new to you)? Not so sure - same goes for Arena. The rewards are not great unless you are top three and 100% do nto have the time to even think baout going for that and never will (no dis to those that do this most weeks - you guys are committed to doing it and hats off to you all).

Really I am hoping that we can get something new to do btu to be honest even a new world or silent planet or whatever wil only last so long and I am sure many wil have it beat in hours/days - then what? It will be back to the grind again and to be honest unless they do proper PVP I cant see the game evolving to anything different - even assuming that the many bugs in the game can be fixed.

Anyway, not ranting at all at anyone just my view on the game - if it really starts to bug me I am out but to be honest I am not losing any sleep over the issues with the game and never will. Even though I do get anoyed frm time to time by some of what the game throws at me I do just have a 5 second rage and move on usually......

In the short term I really hope they get their fingers out and get new stuff out there. The tour is long done now and we need to move off the current status quo in the game and they need to keep all of these newer guys progressing too.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    That's my current approach. I run a lone Coalgiver Eddie defense that usually goes winless for the week, except for the occasional unfortunate crash. I do about 250 fights per week, against teams that are pretty quick and easy. I usually end up with a win % of around 98% and a rank of around 250. I start the week with a lot of fights to get in the top 100 and then slowly drift down throughout the week. But, that way, I can get 12 ICs for most of the week's wins, versus 10. It's not as satisfying to finish lower in the rankings, but I'm much less stressed and frustrated.
    This is exactly what I do. Just a lone Eddie and I win enough to not drop far so I still get 12 ICs per fight.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    I’m fucking sick of this shit!!!
    Just lost 3x against Stormeyes’ defense due to unexplained extra turns and passive ability ignoring!
    FYI if M Lilith dies and is revived.. her passive never works after that. Same goes for pretty much all passives - once the character dies and revives.. no passive. You only get passives as long as the toon doesn't die, even once. Same seems to apply to SOME talismans .. like Echo, Eternity, Primordials, etc .. but not Destiny. So it's hit or miss at best.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    I’m fucking sick of this shit!!!
    Just lost 3x against Stormeyes’ defense due to unexplained extra turns and passive ability ignoring!
    Tell me: Which one of DDE,Osiris,Sekhmet,MLilith has passive disable?! even if it was some fucking burning effect, it sure as fuck didn’t show any icon and i just watched the whole team taking rounds on my DDE like 10 black guys on an asian whore, while my M Lilith just stood right next to him with full health!!!And then they just decide to go again and finish off my Osiris!!! WTF?!

I’m gonna take the same approach as mentioned above and just run a weak defense to avoid the top 100, where you just get raped every 2nd battle...and mostly due to some FUCKING bugs or flaws in the mechanics of processes!!!
    I ran against Stormseye just now to check if he has some new hidden talisman or power that wluld cause what is described here, nothing found. He does put a great deal of thought into his builds and has much better Relics than most of us, because he plays and wins so much. I feel your rage after losing 3 times against his crew, he is one name I think twice about before hitting the button.

OS
    Android
    I know a bit about Stormseye's current defense, he currently runs strike on his Osiris for me that's a big mistake steal this buff and they fall pretty quickly, he does not have primordials either so if you have these you will definitely have an advantage. Hit M Lillith with perfect corruption somehow and the destiny buff is useless.
    I hope Stormseye isn't pissed at me for telling you this but he is definitely beatable as am I, the biggest advantage he would have would be his amassed collection of relics. Sekhmet is using the Valor talisman the same as me take out Sekhmet once and if she revives the Valor buff is gone. There's no eternal talisman to worry about either, DDE is the biggest worry with his team, yes I am regularly beaten by his defensive outfit but lately I've won more against him then I've lost...
    But kudos to Stormseye for putting together such a well balanced team!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Hey Miz sorry man,yea I saw the streak of losses and was surprised because my defense wins rarely go back to back. So I surprised to see so many.

This is exactly what we all have been referencing as issues. My newest achiles heel is Icarus/Daedelus. Most of time they have revenge/counter somehow and at least 5 other buffs and they constantly fire off even on single hitters.

I could never be mad at anyone here let alone Rags 😈. I have no secrets in my builds and offer their setups freely to anyone who wants to see them.

Most of the time my defense consists of losses inside the 100 ranked players. The fact that so many are losing to it now just shows how much AI defense boost there is (isn’t according to NF) and while I am in line with Yup, I still believe the boost applies not just to Accuracy, it applies to relics and defense/attack numbers too.

As for the Dev input, you all have to ask yourselfs , “How eager are YOU to walk into the hornets nest that is this discussion?” That being said I too would like to see these issues addressed sooner than later.

When a majority of the top players are seeing all the same issues, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

And if things were not crazy enough in the Arena...check out the upcoming October changes....Venom Talismans...2400 ic for a set of Purge Talisman might be worth it.
    Last edited by Stormseye; 09-26-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    As for the Dev input, you all have to ask yourselfs , “How eager are YOU to walk into the hornets nest that is this discussion?”
    Sparton would have walked into it. Miss that cat...
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    FYI if M Lilith dies and is revived.. her passive never works after that. Same goes for pretty much all passives - once the character dies and revives.. no passive. You only get passives as long as the toon doesn't die, even once. Same seems to apply to SOME talismans .. like Echo, Eternity, Primordials, etc .. but not Destiny. So it's hit or miss at best.
    Nope, maybe also a bug, but M Lilith and Set passive are working after they are revived, at least for defense...

@rags: thanks for all those tips. i kinda knew that all already, but it’s hard to apply them if the AI is doing some dodgy slates of hand. I have just realized, that i actually really rarely see ML getting hit by PC (another foul tactic of the AI)...

@Stormseye: No hard feelings there mate. Like someone on these forums mentioned a long time ago “don’t blame the player, blame the game!”. I guess it’s all due to your relics being much stronger.No offense meant, but I wouldn’t say that it needs a genius to put up a good defensive team nowadays. just choose 3 out of the current 5-6 OP toons, 1 out of 2-3 OP eddies, equip the OP sets and it all comes down to the relics....
    What frustrates me is that 2 out of 3 games were glitching some dodgy moves on me just to make my full health team lose against a team with 1mm of health(first one was a genuine loss).

@Yup: I have never noticed what tou are claiming about passives not working after revive. I know that talismans don’t, but i am sure that i have used my M Lilith on numerous ocasions as a meat shield to buy me a round. Just like Liebhild...

Well...after a few days of observations i must admit, that Yup was right. The passive does,indeed not work after the character revives.
    but i still think that it used to work 1 or 2 patches ago.

I keep having a feeling as if they used some old data from a long time ago (prisoner nerf era) and just started to apply the new data on top of those. The overall way of how effects take place and damage gets resolved reminds me of the times when they adjusted the way how burn effects applied (remember the OP warrior golden son? aka. the firestarter).
    something feels different...