Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Buy or dont buy it is each persons choice I guess. No one forces us to buy anything in this game or any others I play. It has to continue this way or how else does the game continue. Money has to be made to pay wages so they have to do this - what else will folk buy a lot of? I do buy the monthly ironite pack every now and again and also the odd tally pack like this one (not got it yet). I feel that I need to buy some some stuff sometimes as my contribution to keeping the NF lights on - lots dont I am sure and that is up to them of course. But if they make nothing there is no game as Rod will shut the doors I am sure.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyphy View Post
    I exit the game every time I play. Takes longer to start, but seems the only way I can reliably log all trooper badges received.
    Yeah, I have a spreadsheet log with every badge received every day; I know exactly who the slackers are.
    I force quit every time too, although that's because my phone struggles to do anything else if I keep the game running in background :P Having said that, the issue I mentioned this morning was following a fresh load after I force quitting last night when I stopped playing...
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    Android
    Allow me to quote Sick from his Sacrifice god thread:

"I already deleted the app again. Everything I loved about the game in the beginning is gone. P2W is not what I am looking for."

I used to buy an Ironite package from time to time. As a donation and as a contribution for the work and the very good game. Also back then there were the event soul packages. Also back then Talismans were offered for real money from time to time. With the difference that sooner or later they were available elsewhere. The purchase aspect is important and essential. Most of the money is probably earned with the event souls.
    Talismans for real money were meant for people who wanted an immediate advantage. Meanwhile there are many things either for money or not at all. This paradigm shift is total crap in my eyes and should not be supported. I still love the game. Nevertheless, it used to be way better when strategy was even more important than money. There are still endless possibilities of strategies, combinations. Action and reaction. Everyone had the same prerequisites and it was all about making the best of it. That's what distinguished this game. Iron Maiden isn't a "normal" band, so their game shouldn't be a "normal" freemium game either. Already simply because the average age of the players here should not be the "normal" mobile gaming average.
    The focus on the "big whales" is in my eyes the wrong way. Almost all offers in the shop are exorbitantly overpriced. I haven't bought anything for a long time because I don't like these decisions. I don't think I'm the only one. If the money is not enough, perhaps a reorientation must take place. I stop writing here, the longer the contribution, the less people read it
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    It is NOT a "game" it's a money pit or, if you don't spend, it's a lesson in what spending COULD mean.

While I haven't deleted the game. I'm not investing another red cent. It's a time waster for me, nothing more... as engaging and Diamond Digger or Candy Crush... not worth anything more. The shift to spend or go without is HORRIBLE. I can think of few other "games" that employ that tactic. Yes make things more difficult without spending, but to simply not offer things without real money... is ridiculous.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I dont see a problem with having somethings purchase only. If you have the cash and want an advantage better off for you. What is the difference in purchasing talisman or ironite. You can buy ironite to play more arena to earn more iron coins to buy relics to get an advantage. Some buy ironite to participate in events to try and earn an advantage, such as rewards, characters to sacrifice or even talisman.

It is true if you are not a long time player or spend real money you wont be at the top of the game. That's life some have advantages given to them, some earn it or others take what life offers.

OS
    iOS
    900 SoT
    7 Rare Souls
    555 Troll Shards
    95 Lillith Frags
    Level VII LoL exclusively

Maybe they increased the Lillith drops are X? Anyone with input?
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    900 SoT
    7 Rare Souls
    555 Troll Shards
    95 Lillith Frags
    Level VII LoL exclusively

Maybe they increased the Lillith drops are X? Anyone with input?
    X only. Seems more fragment this time for sure. 1140 troll, 400 lilith, 7 rare from running all day since 6am Florida time today. About 6 hours, spent much ironite on mega refills and a few thousand sot currently burning..

OS
    Android
    Odd. 400 SOT, 225 Troll Frags and 25 Lilith. Running on X. Though I did get 2 Rare Souls, but that doesn't exactly cover it.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    iOS
    The Talisman Combo pack comes with 3 Sustaining , 2 Predator but the Sustaining Talisman pack comes with 2. Is it a 2 set or 3 set and if 2 why add a third one? in the Combo pack?

Just bought the Sustaining pack and it came with 3 Talismans....
    Last edited by Stormseye; 10-09-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Sustaining is only the "Mystical" right? They want us to spend money on them and next time we can get all 3 versions free...lol