Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Cefair, I thought I did good with 10s of shards, 3 vortex fills, and a few characters i was missing. I am doing something wrong compared to your amazing haul. What was your secret to success?

I limited my sacrifices to mainly tier 6, enhancing pumpkins but not evolving, and didn't really mess with rare or common souls...

OS
    Android
    If you had the gold reserves, shards and evo shards it was a perpetual sacathon.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    If you had the gold reserves, shards and evo shards it was a perpetual sacathon.
    I'm still going lol I think I left it a little late and done too much leveling up of characters and pumpkins. time or gold will be the only thing that will make it stop......
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    sacathon
    Made my day, LOL

In the evening I will burn through all other pumpkins I have left, should be around 250 without those that are coming back and some more from fragments... This should end at enough fragments for 6 Hallowed Eds in total

Tier 5 was the sweetspot in terms of fragments per essence. And also a nice way to stock up rare and class-specific rare souls for upcoming new characters in the future. So to me this event was meant to exchange gold and shards to souls of all type, skill shards and all the other nice goodies from opening the event souls.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I'm still going lol I think I left it a little late and done too much leveling up of characters and pumpkins. time or gold will be the only thing that will make it stop......
    its like the souls are a virus. I cannot make them disappear as they get replaced as quickly as i get rid of them! and i am not even leveling anything up anymore....
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    This event makes me think of the Vladimir Lenin quote:

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.
    In my opinion, this event was probably better than every event in LotB history COMBINED. As I said before, it was basically an event for converting leveling materials directly into characters, Skill Shards, and Frontier Coins at an incredible return.

My inputs were:
    - 79M gold
    - 12-14 full stacks of 3* and 4* XP shards
    - Some initial souls up front
    - A ton of time

I ended up getting:
    - 64 Vortex fills
    - Over 2,550 Pumpkins
    - 51 Hallowed Eddies
    - 1,500+ Frontier Coins
    - Almost 600 Skill Shards
    - Lots of soul stacks saved for later

And, my only missing BoS characters arrived: Edward and Icarus, plus Phantom and Madam from the new event.

Truly a paradigm-shifting week! Thanks, NF!!!
    Last edited by druid138; 10-18-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    Cefair, I thought I did good with 10s of shards, 3 vortex fills, and a few characters i was missing. I am doing something wrong compared to your amazing haul. What was your secret to success?

I limited my sacrifices to mainly tier 6, enhancing pumpkins but not evolving, and didn't really mess with rare or common souls...
    My girlfriend wasn't having too much luck but then last night I worked with her and then she go the hang of it. She then got her first ever Ultimate sacrifice, and then later she said "It just never ends!".

Things to note:
    1. Most events have a sweet spot for rewards. eg: For this event, 9000 essence gave you 3 Haunted souls plus extras in return, while 20000 essence gives you 5 Haunted souls, so stick to 9000 essence (or maybe double that at 18000 - multiples of a level [before you hit the next one] get multiples of the rewards). It might take a little while to work this out.

2. Get lots of free character slots. This is probably the best advice you could take here. I used a whole lot of gold/ironite to get 300 character slots. This means I have 65-70 free at any one time.

3. Before the event, save up as many souls as possible and don't open them in the book. If you need to open souls in the book before this time (eg: as part of daily rewards), use souls targeted at another event if one is running, Precious souls (then sell any golden skulls), common souls, or if it comes to it use Rare/Heroic souls. Use as few as possible in this manner, and if you get too many on-hand, get rid of 3* and lower ones through sacrifice (see below for hints on combos). You want to build up a collection of souls - redeemed (in hand) and unredeemed (to throw into the book) - preferably of 4*/5* characters. Also, lately there has been character events each month where you can get multiple specific character souls through fragments. If you can, get a number of these and hold them unopened till the sacrifice event.

4. Redeem souls in large groups (eg: bundles greater than 10, and go as high as 99). Redeem till you are in overflow and must sacrifice characters.

5. Get rid of any 3*'s or lower, hold onto 4*/5* as long as possible. If you can get back out to the main menu (characters not in overflow) then do not sacrifice 4*/5* characters.

6. Don't generally bother levelling up characters unless you have heaps of gold, XP shards, and you are just short of an essence reward. Really don't bother evolving them unless it's the only way to get a specific sacrifice. I usually never do this, and with the

7. When you do sacrifice, try for multiples of essence for a level (without hitting the next level) when possible. eg: 9x 3* w/s/m non-eddy chars will usually give 1512 essence. 8x 3* g/a does the same. A bit of mix and match will help (eg: 2x 3* w/s/m Eddies, 4x 3* g/a's and 2x 3* w/s/m non-Eddies).

8. When you get rid of 4*/5* characters, try and work to what seems the best level of rewards. Don't forget any Event Achievements though (eg: get an ultimate at least once if you can, as this usually covers all of those types of rewards).

9. You may need to level up some 5* characters to get to an Ultimate, but it'll depend on what characters you get.

10. Remember that g/a characters give you more essence than w/s/m characters, and that Eddies give you more essence than non-Eddies. eg: Hallowed Eddie (natural 5* gunner) gives 9000 essence (ie: by himself, that's a tier V sacrifice), whereas a natural 5* w/s/m Eddie, will be 800 essence.

11. Filling the vortex is always useful here. It gets you Alchemist fragments, plus lots of souls (inc event souls).

12. Remember to check Fragments for more souls, particularly high value souls (eg: Hallowed Eddie in last event). These can get you the souls you need to continue on and/or meet event achievements.

13. Take breaks every now and again. It's easy to make mistakes and sacrifice the wrong thing if you get bored and/or distracted.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Made my day, LOL

In the evening I will burn through all other pumpkins I have left, should be around 250 without those that are coming back and some more from fragments... This should end at enough fragments for 6 Hallowed Eds in total

Tier 5 was the sweetspot in terms of fragments per essence. And also a nice way to stock up rare and class-specific rare souls for upcoming new characters in the future. So to me this event was meant to exchange gold and shards to souls of all type, skill shards and all the other nice goodies from opening the event souls.
    I strongly underestimated the recycling effect and the fragments that come in addition once in a while! So I ended up with 10800 Hallowed frags, these are 21 Eds, not the 6 I estimated before - lol
    I thought this would be a lot, but I mean...have a look at druid's numbers:

Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    In my opinion, this event was probably better than every event in LotB history COMBINED. As I said before, it was basically an event for converting leveling materials directly into characters, Skill Shards, and Frontier Coins at an incredible return.

My inputs were:
    - 79M gold
    - 12-14 full stacks of 3* and 4* XP shards
    - Some initial souls up front
    - A ton of time

I ended up getting:
    - 64 Vortex fills
    - Over 2,550 Pumpkins
    - 51 Hallowed Eddies
    - 1,500+ Frontier Coins
    - Almost 600 Skill Shards
    - Lots of soul stacks saved for later

And, my only missing BoS characters arrived: Edward and Icarus, plus Phantom and Madam from the new event.

Truly a paradigm-shifting week! Thanks, NF!!!
    This is simply outstanding. I would assume this is the top end result from all players, or? Did anyone get 52 Hallowed Eds?
    I appreciate that you list "a ton of time" as an input value, as this is so true! In the end, factor time was really the one that stopped me! I could not play 2 evenings during the week and wanted to farm LoL for more Xp shards before sacrificing. Hence, I focussed on yesterday's evening for the "sacathlon". About 4 hours of constant opening souls, leveling (in the beginning), sacrificing, converting fragments to souls (please give us the "convert all" button!), repeat. That was really exhausting! And it would have gone further, but the time was up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    My girlfriend wasn't having too much luck but then last night I worked with her and then she go the hang of it. She then got her first ever Ultimate sacrifice, and then later she said "It just never ends!".

Things to note:
    1. Most events have a sweet spot for rewards. eg: For this event, 9000 essence gave you 3 Haunted souls plus extras in return, while 20000 essence gives you 5 Haunted souls, so stick to 9000 essence (or maybe double that at 18000 - multiples of a level [before you hit the next one] get multiples of the rewards). It might take a little while to work this out.

2. Get lots of free character slots. This is probably the best advice you could take here. I used a whole lot of gold/ironite to get 300 character slots. This means I have 65-70 free at any one time.

3. Before the event, save up as many souls as possible and don't open them in the book. If you need to open souls in the book before this time (eg: as part of daily rewards), use souls targeted at another event if one is running, Precious souls (then sell any golden skulls), common souls, or if it comes to it use Rare/Heroic souls. Use as few as possible in this manner, and if you get too many on-hand, get rid of 3* and lower ones through sacrifice (see below for hints on combos). You want to build up a collection of souls - redeemed (in hand) and unredeemed (to throw into the book) - preferably of 4*/5* characters. Also, lately there has been character events each month where you can get multiple specific character souls through fragments. If you can, get a number of these and hold them unopened till the sacrifice event.

4. Redeem souls in large groups (eg: bundles greater than 10, and go as high as 99). Redeem till you are in overflow and must sacrifice characters.

5. Get rid of any 3*'s or lower, hold onto 4*/5* as long as possible. If you can get back out to the main menu (characters not in overflow) then do not sacrifice 4*/5* characters.

6. Don't generally bother levelling up characters unless you have heaps of gold, XP shards, and you are just short of an essence reward. Really don't bother evolving them unless it's the only way to get a specific sacrifice. I usually never do this, and with the

7. When you do sacrifice, try for multiples of essence for a level (without hitting the next level) when possible. eg: 9x 3* w/s/m non-eddy chars will usually give 1512 essence. 8x 3* g/a does the same. A bit of mix and match will help (eg: 2x 3* w/s/m Eddies, 4x 3* g/a's and 2x 3* w/s/m non-Eddies).

8. When you get rid of 4*/5* characters, try and work to what seems the best level of rewards. Don't forget any Event Achievements though (eg: get an ultimate at least once if you can, as this usually covers all of those types of rewards).

9. You may need to level up some 5* characters to get to an Ultimate, but it'll depend on what characters you get.

10. Remember that g/a characters give you more essence than w/s/m characters, and that Eddies give you more essence than non-Eddies. eg: Hallowed Eddie (natural 5* gunner) gives 9000 essence (ie: by himself, that's a tier V sacrifice), whereas a natural 5* w/s/m Eddie, will be 800 essence.

11. Filling the vortex is always useful here. It gets you Alchemist fragments, plus lots of souls (inc event souls).

12. Remember to check Fragments for more souls, particularly high value souls (eg: Hallowed Eddie in last event). These can get you the souls you need to continue on and/or meet event achievements.

13. Take breaks every now and again. It's easy to make mistakes and sacrifice the wrong thing if you get bored and/or distracted.
    Thanks Cefiar, druid and some other guys for their advise and recommendations. I think many players profited from them. I agree with most of your points here.
    Point 2 is hard to handle. I have all 300 slots, but as I am a collector and I kept several dupes for Gauntlet (did not use them, but I never tried the levels AAA and above), so that I only have 12 open slots. This can lead to some problems, e.g. as we cannot level characters that are assigned to the overflow slots. I am looking forward for the next slot increase!
    Point 6 depends on your general playing behaviour and if you are an oldtimer or not. Most longterm players had immense reserves of resources that are actually not needed. So the design of this event was great to get rid of all the dusty shards and evo materials in the inventory. And the extraordinary increase in essence for the pumpkins made it worth to level and even evolve them. WMS pumkins went from 1k to 4.5k essence and G/A ones from 3k up to 7k! So you could event get an ultimate sacrifice just from pumpkins without any natural 5* - which is not possible normally. But this was really a special condition for this event, normally it is not recommended to evolve chars for sacrifice.

I think we all can be really really happy for this event - again thanks NF! This event helped players during all stages of their progress. I think many of us feel a bit tired now - I do. But for the first time positively tired because of a great event with a great outcome. Now it's time to recover resources and nerves! Cheers everybody!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    This event was great!
    Before the event I had about 65 shill shards, now I have over 300. Additionally I got countless rare, rare G/A, heroic and legendary souls and enough Frontier Coins to finally buy Alexander Eddie.
    I've spent over 40 million gold during this event but it was totally worth it.
    In fact, I was too busy sacrificing pumpkins to even write here on the forum earlier.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I thought this would be a lot, but I mean...have a look at druid's numbers . . .

This is simply outstanding. I would assume this is the top end result from all players, or? Did anyone get 52 Hallowed Eds?
    Thanks, Blade! I know of others who actually did a lot more than me. Based on Cefiar's post above, I'm guessing he saw 70+ Halloweds. It was truly an insane event!
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell