Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Any suggestions on how to beat the SSS team of Hallowed Eddie, Magus Lilth, Alchemist, and Sekhmet?
    I think I am out of relevant characters so I'm prolly going to have to quit here. I've tried what I thought were 4 pretty sure fire teams but I lost the coin toss 3 times and got wiped quickly and the last 2 tries I didn't have strong enough characters left to shut it down. I'm curious what would have worked? It wasn't for lack of effort, this one just stumped me.

Grats T-Man. That's pretty impressive!
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    Any suggestions on how to beat the SSS team of Hallowed Eddie, Magus Lilth, Alchemist, and Sekhmet?
    I think I am out of relevant characters so I'm prolly going to have to quit here. I've tried what I thought were 4 pretty sure fire teams but I lost the coin toss 3 times and got wiped quickly and the last 2 tries I didn't have strong enough characters left to shut it down. I'm curious what would have worked? It wasn't for lack of effort, this one just stumped me.

Grats T-Man. That's pretty impressive!
    Thanks Tim! That’s one of the hardest teams to go against. What Eddies do you have left? Allies left?

OS
    iOS
    I have a surprising number of Eddies left. My support personnel is running a bit low. I've used DDE, PoM, Phantom, Hallowed, FotD, Cyborg, IE, GRE, VH, Navigator, Alex, SS, and Visions to this point.
    I have teams that can beat this, but they got used already. I will prolly try one or two more times before I give up completely. At this point I'm not losing anything but SoW. I think my next attempt will focus on using Curse and hoping Lilith doesn't get invincibility off too quickly.
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

OS
    iOS
    Destiny on the M Lilith seems to give invincibility with every turn now. A real pain in the ass. Look for support that removes buffs, and make good use of your talisman as well.

OS
    iOS
    Crusader Eddie finally broke this team for me. I'm 2 Battles beyond it now and hope to get a couple more before I run out of characters.

OS
    Android
    This used to be a post about strategy in Gauntlet but the devs are not playing fair.

It worked with season 1 of Gauntlet but since we went back to unrealistic talisman setups of the enemy (wrong colors) - Gauntlet - especially in higher levels - has become a lottery. It's no fun at all because you can't plan fights against something you cannot predict.

Another feature with potential that got destroyed by those morons in charge.
    Last edited by hold; 11-02-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    I have to admit the sacrifice event was great and cleared out a lot of my inventory - but I got a lot of useful stuff as well. Greatest event ever - by far! But now I need to wait for sentinel LOL to get 1* green evo shards because I can't upgrade my last blocker - a sentinel Dog of War who btw can wear Eternal talismans.

Despite the bugs I really like Gauntlet as it forces you to think outside the box. Arena is mostly a brainless bashing with a good portion of luck involved.

Gauntlet is great and the costs are OK since we have 2 weeks time plus you get enough SoW sacrificing common souls.

Of course you need a deep roster and the rare talismans plus Relics help - but if you do the fun begins. I think I enjoy the building of a counter team with allies I normally never use more than the actual fight.

I want to share a few things to help others:

1. Check every single char what talismans she / he could wear - that includes 1* and 2*. A gunner worm can carry Primordeals! So does the gunner Golem I already used both. The Gunner Undead Hunter can carry Eternal talismans!
    2. Those harpys (green, red, blue) are incredible useful against stunner teams. So is the With Doctor or some Hellraisers.
    3. If you have valor talismans the 1* Pharao Sun Spirit is great help with his healing abilities plus he strips away golden buffs!
    4. Check again for blockers - there are more in the game than you think. Yellow pumpkin is the latest blocker.
    5. Try not to go all in. It's OK to bring a weaker ally if she / he can help with a set of the good talismans - I mainly go for Power, Eternal, Valor, Oracle. I haven't used the red heart yet but even that could wear Valor talismans to strip off some of those pesky golden buffs. If you have one real hitter the other three can be support. Wolf Cultist can wear Valor, Cultist Cleric can carry Eternal ... have a good look.
    6. While planning the counter team already make up a strategy how to tear the enemy apart. Don't rush into fights - think about them. Plan for the worst case scenario not the best case. Always plan you go 2nd and how to turn the table. Some cleaners with Angel talismans are incredible useful. The sequence on taking the enemy down really is important.
    7. There is no need to shard every ally fully. Sometimes all you need is that "Effect Chance +25%" and that will be support enough.
    8. Got a Warlord (Trooper souls)? He can decide a battle really quick. You need a Power generator and his power move will put Ghost on an enemy. Now find somebody who can remove yellow buffs (remove not steal!) or maybe you have valor talismans that will do nice. That is an instant kill and the enemy is down to 3 maybe just lost the most valuable character. Works awesome against Blue Lilith with Destiny.

Any criticism? Yes - swapping talismans is an absolute pain in the butt. And you need to swap them all the time because in fact it is the talismans that win Gauntlet fights on the long run and not so much the allies. To give newer players a fair chance as well I really hope the devs make those very "must have" talismans available in a manner that also dediated players without deep pockets can participate,

And T-Man - I watched that run of you to 78/79 - highly impressive. Everyone else over 70 wins (I am on 68 right now) - also highly impressive because there is some real thinking and strategy behind (and possibly sometimes a bit of luck that everyone needs once in a while). Not sure if I can stay in the top 10 as I am running out of 5* allies and there are some really good players lurking ...

Screw PVP - long live Gauntlet! (and there was a Night City promised or at least a continuing story after the tour is finished ... well ...)

Thanks to the devs to make the fights hard but not unfair or impossible (unrealistic talisman setups ... because you cannot plan for a Beast Eddie with Primordeals ...)
    Yep, great advise trooper. Talisman management is a must, and yes it is a huge pita! (pain in the ass). If the devs could add talisman management when holding down on a toon or something, it would help. I leveled up and sharded numerous toons since the gauntlet started. Even pumpkins!

I appreciate the nice comments! My only loss was bug related just after this gauntlet session started. It was during one of the rookie tiers. Like I would loose there.
    Anyway, I calculated every battle once I got to SS. Spent way too much time doing this (won't do it to this extent very often), but if there is a time to do it, it is this session.

I also enjoy gauntlet more than the arena as well. Especially with the latest tweaks. I really have a hard time being motivated to play the arena at all right now. Really bugged, battles take way too long, etc.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    Crusader Eddie finally broke this team for me. I'm 2 Battles beyond it now and hope to get a couple more before I run out of characters.
    Glad you broke through Tim. Good luck on getting a few more wins.

OS
    iOS
    Thanks T-Man. I completed that entire level now. Definitely the furthest I've been in gauntlet!

I totally agree about Talismans being so important.
    Great post hold.
    Last edited by Tim28213; 10-24-2018 at 02:50 AM.

OS
    Android
    Really good advice hold I agree entirely, it really is a pain in the ass swapping around talisman but I love the take my time stuff.
    Preparation and those magic talisman are the key to gauntlet...
    I still have a few characters left too, think I'll try and put something else together for another win or three...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan