Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Does responding to attackers in pVp actually do anything different

i dont see the point in attacking from the defense menu what am i missing

OS
    Android
    The advantage is that if you have beaten them before, you get another chance to beat them, without waiting for them to come up in your attack list?
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    You also can see that if they lost you will have a higher chance to win the fight.

OS
    Android
    So its basically just an extra group of choices then nothing else

OS
    Android
    It also acts like an additional list of attackable teams, which might be advantageous to hit first if your pvp rank and score has changed and the teams in the attack list are too hard. You can avoid a refresh for a few fights and not lose your buffs.

OS
    iOS
    I may be wrong, but I think losing a battle in the attack list loses less ranking points than losing a battle where you try to revenge on the defense list. Whether you’ve won or lost on the revenge list, if you initiate a revenge battle and lose—you lose more points than if you lose in your normal attack list. Does that make any sense? I know you lose less points if someone attacks you and you lose but if you attack them and lose in that revenge list—well you’d better have a specific reason for trying to revenge because you stand to lose more. Again this may not be correct and I haven’t sat down and done any math, but I think this is how it works. If I’m wrong and someone can give the correct formula please do enlighten us. It’s sort of confusing innit?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchful Prism View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think losing a battle in the attack list loses less ranking points than losing a battle where you try to revenge on the defense list. Whether you’ve won or lost on the revenge list, if you initiate a revenge battle and lose—you lose more points than if you lose in your normal attack list. Does that make any sense? I know you lose less points if someone attacks you and you lose but if you attack them and lose in that revenge list—well you’d better have a specific reason for trying to revenge because you stand to lose more. Again this may not be correct and I haven’t sat down and done any math, but I think this is how it works. If I’m wrong and someone can give the correct formula please do enlighten us. It’s sort of confusing innit?
    There's this team in the arena at the level I tend to hang around most of the time, He calls himself Woody, I say he but I can't say for sure please forgive me if I made a mistake.
    Anyway awesome team, I've been beaten by this team before, just now I notice Woody has had a crack at me and lost, sitting on top of my revenge list.... So I thought hmmm this might be a good way to explain how the points work for this thread! Win or lose hopefully I can add something... So anyway I won which came as a bit of surprise they can go either way against Woody.. It added 20 to my score but only subtracted 13 from Woody, how many times I've played in the arena and never really taken any notice...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    There’s 3 scenarios we need to figure out really. Say you’re the player “John”.

All 3 scenarios are losses for John for this discussion.

1. John attacks “Joe” on John’s attack list.

2. John gets attacked by “Joe” from Joe’s attack list (which then makes Joe appear on John’s revenge list.)

2. John attacks Joe on John’s revenge list.

Do all of John’s losses lose the same ratio of points? Let’s assume that John and Joe are VERY closely ranked since we know that affect it. We want that variable out of this. Maybe a developer could enlighten us but unless it’s all equal I don’t think they’ll be divulging which is better.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    There's this team in the arena at the level I tend to hang around most of the time, He calls himself Woody, I say he but I can't say for sure please forgive me if I made a mistake.
    Anyway awesome team, I've been beaten by this team before, just now I notice Woody has had a crack at me and lost, sitting on top of my revenge list.... So I thought hmmm this might be a good way to explain how the points work for this thread! Win or lose hopefully I can add something... So anyway I won which came as a bit of surprise they can go either way against Woody.. It added 20 to my score but only subtracted 13 from Woody, how many times I've played in the arena and never really taken any notice...
    This is why I asked you for advice just last week. You’re one of the top regular players on my troopers list rags.

OS
    Android
    I found that if equally ranked players revenge each other they gain a few points. Each loss is a few points less that the points won. I have said before unless you are in the top 250 or better top 100 there is no real point in having a strong defense. It just makes the game harder for everyone, especially newer players.
    Last weak I ran a solo Eddie and ended up about 140 rank. I easily won 100+ easy revenge battles. Those are easy IC earnings that took less than 30 seconds per battle.