Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

In case you are keeping track..

The new standard in PVP is FURY. Forget your global HP. The goal is get Fury on your first turn and due to some insane bugs, you can continue to have the AI use your PoM/Alchemist/Sekemet/Hallowed Eddie to do multiple furies in a turn. As I posted earlier, Angel talismans from the Guantlet a few weeks ago are also regulation equipment for Alchemist and Hallowed.

The usual suspects are clear and present as well, "Non-existent" AI boost allowing for 7 attacks from Magus Lillith, Cleanse not working on attack side while opponent AI can remove stun/sleep/perfect sleep without any talisman or passive or ability removal present and my all time favorite, AI using power abilities with 3 or less power. In addition, just because your ally ability says "75% chance to X" does not make it so. More often than not you are running 30-35%. On the flipside abilities that list 15% will yield 75-80% as per Horus. Primordials have diminished but still can cause loses and to my surprise as well as Nilf's I am sure, his Witch Doctor is not to be messed with.

So any of you looking to break into to the top end take heed to know what you will be facing.

Basic top end build

Hallowed - Valor or Angel/X
    PoM - Angel/X
    DDE - Angel/X
    Cyborg - Primordial (not as common)

Alchemist - Angel/X
    Horus - Eternity
    Magus Lillith - Destiny/Immunity or Sustain
    Osiris Strike/Energy or others
    Sekemet - Valor
    Prisoner - Primordial (more common than Cyborg)
    Daedelus- Valor (seen 1-20 fights)
    Icarus - Avenger/Power or Destiny/Immunity (seen 3-20 fights)
    Gunner Lillith - Avenger/X or Energy/Regen/X
    Set,Madam,Count on occasion - Talismans vary

So max out that Fury and prepare to Rage....
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Stormseye you are beast in pvp,i am tired in pvp and started to play all battles on auto...

My best pvp rank is 168 so it's good to see the top player builds. Recently came across stormeye, rags, etc and was a challenge.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    My best pvp rank is 168 so it's good to see the top player builds. Recently came across stormeye, rags, etc and was a challenge.
    Your build was a welcome change and more than a challenge! Took me 3 attempts to beat it! You have some awesome synergies with some uncommon characters. Keep up the good work.

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    I’m surprised I’ve seen Hallowed Eddie so much. He seems more popular than Iron Eddie ever was. But what with Halloween coming up and all .He’s absolutely deadly with Valor Talismans on.

As for the rest you’re dead on. It’s hard to the devs to create optimal parity in PvP so we get “the usual suspects” with the usual talismans on. Then the meta changes and what was once viable isn’t anymore. I guess that’s how they want t though. Personally I’d prefer them to try to balance it more but with the constant new characters it’s not feasible to keep the older ones able to contend in PvP. Maybe they could make the usual suspect list just a little bigger? That would be the best we could hope for I think

OS
    Android
    The AI absolutely has an accuracy buff, thats about it. I wish theyd just admit it already

OS
    Android
    The only thing to fight back Horus 99% stun chance is angel talisman on a cleanser like the Alchemist.

There is this talisman set that removes 2 buffs from each character, I think it's called redemption or something like that. Well, that plus Horus equals no mercy punishment for teams without angel.

Got a taste of that yesterday, I don't have angel, so I go with vanish or immunity and hope for the best. This defense took out 2 buffs from each of my guys, leaving my team with zero immunity (I had trap set, so at least that fucker was stunned, lol), ok fight starts and here comes Horus and BAM my guys all stunned, the rest of his team did some damage but nothing too heavy, my turn... I wish, all my guys stunned and beat up so back to him, second turn and guess what... Horus and his amazing 100% accuracy strikes again and that was it. Didn't have the chance to do one single move. This happened to me a few times, frustrating as fuck. Gotta find me one last angel talisman to complete the set and defend myself from Horus amazing 99% accuracy.
    Daniel-3568

Quote Originally Posted by DanielRacy View Post
    The only thing to fight back Horus 99% stun chance is angel talisman on a cleanser like the Alchemist.

There is this talisman set that removes 2 buffs from each character, I think it's called redemption or something like that. Well, that plus Horus equals no mercy punishment for teams without angel.
    there are a few options beside angel talismans. Best being magus PDK passive, clearing negative effects from up to 2+ heal all. Bastion is immune to stun. also the warrior and sentinel hellraisers passive helps against horus stuns. Gunner undead rescuer passive helps. Assassin has the hellhound with 50% chance to cleanse

OS
    iOS
    it is tough if you missed out them a couple of weeks ago when they were guantlet reward. Stun has really come back with a vengeance. Alchemist with Angel is more valuable than Magus with Destiny in my opinion. So many negative effect casters in the current game and Cleanse is so easily removed that it is really not a big help, even Immunity is easily dealt with. Any more discussion of AI boost should summon Yup to chime in..lol. The desire to make different builds is easily stifled by the sheer dominance of certain characters and Horus is one of them for sure. This discourages unique builds if the intent is to climb to the top ranks in the Arena. Again this really only applies to defensive setups.

As far as attack teams go there are still quite a variety of choices that can win against these "standard" defense builds. I am currently playing something new and working out some bugs but the Alchemist is still part of it as per the above statement. I would still use Alchemist, Daniel, with Invisibility/Immunity and/or Fate/Immortality sets. Shadow will only benefit you the first turn so I would not put too much faith in that. As long as he is alive negative effects will be no issue for you and Horus will not be a burden.

The Sentinel Harpy just received a boost and is immune to stun. I actually use Invisibility and Heal Talismans on mine and it works great because the Soar ability got a percent buff and is now 100% to grant extra turn to he ally you cleanse at full shard. Witch Doctor is also quite nasty if your party gets stunned.
    Last edited by Stormseye; 11-01-2018 at 07:07 PM.

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    is only my Alchemist low with healh so i must put magus lilith with him or he will be first dead without lilith…