Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    If you are grinding out Dungeon mission in hopes of getting Ferryman you are working for a dominating character. Though alone, he is quite easily defeated. When coupled with an assassin banshee/blocker your chance of winning is very minimal. Expect to see many teams build around this soon.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    If you are grinding out Dungeon mission in hopes of getting Ferryman you are working for a dominating character. Though alone, he is quite easily defeated. When coupled with an assassin banshee/blocker your chance of winning is very minimal. Expect to see many teams build around this soon.
    I have him with Shadow/Immunity alongside Assassin Banshee with same and Desert Marauder to trigger Charge from Perfect Hit, Ferryman in 1 hit is destroying whole teams of good characters. Love the overkill.

OS
    iOS
    I managed to beat Drinkblood with Magus Derby Demon - Domination/Serenity Talismans and Alexander. Alchemist and KP went very fast since no blocker and FFE was hitting way hard. I outlasted him and bled himself to death with 2 rounds left before Draw. I need to work some more on the build but the beauty is if you have banshee/blocker and Ferryman your damage is not huge except for your Eddie.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    i'm prob not gonna be able to get ferryman no luck with 25 souls and i'm out of resources to grind XD

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Ferryman is not so tough to beat. One way is to keep your immunity up and Doom it. Works also with Assassin Banshee. Assassin banshee/blocker/Ferryman combo doesn't leave you room for other passives. I used Astra for grinding event dungeon. Without Doom Ferryman is not so scary anymore.
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 02-01-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Ferryman is weak on AI defense even WITH A Banshee or a blocker.. I've tested and tested and tested and tested and tested and tested and battled in PvP when I see him. He's easily killed in almost all instances.

Once you understand his power comes from - A) his passive - B) to a lesser degree, removing blue buffs (Immunity, invincibility) and - C) Doom... eliminate those and he's a cuddly little marshmallow.

...... but if you can control him on manual attack.. he's an impenetrable force with the right allies.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    So I just played Yups defence, nice work with the Desert Warrior with Avenger Talisman,
    Towards the end of the battle Alchemist used his fury and gave the remaining members of his team soul protect, I killed Alchemist, but FFE and Guardian remained.
    I bought both these defense characters up to zero and the soul protects "ghost" buff took over both of them, interesting thing was that it reenabled the revenge buff on the pair of them... these seems right to me, it should do this but I had never seen it before... didn't matter they both died just the same... this was no easy battle I should say...nice work Yup
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    hmm.. REALLY wish I could swap A Banshee for Ferryman on that team.. but the AI just ain't smart enough for that. I do swap those for ATK.. and well.. losses on attack are few and far between lately I've actually wiped out entire teams with ONLY Ferryman left standing and casting Doom on characters. If you can't disable his passive and/or remove silver buffs, you're screwed.

Damn near beat the AAA Gauntlet team of DD,A Banshee, M Lilith, Alchemist with ONLY Ferryman.. but alas Ferryman eventually died do to his own HP drain. Alchemist clearing doom was too great a hurdle for Ferryman to overcome by himself. (if the gauntlet has a "Draw' limit I'd have hit it 2 or 3 times - match took ffffooooooorrrrreeeeevvvveeeeerrr and I was letting it autoplay)

Biggest problem with your teem (for me) is Perfect Sleep, Rags. If Phantom Ed uses it well, it can make things tough. If Perfect Sleep isn't cast enough, well.... yeah.. check your D list for my last 2-turn outing
    Last edited by Yup; 02-01-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    He can be impenetrable on attack....

Name:  ferry2.png
Views: 358
Size:  791.4 KB
    CLANLESS

OS
    iOS
    The Power and the Ferry -:

Lets look at the current top end defense teams and what you will be facing if you step into the Rank 100 ring.

Assassin Banshee/Blocker - far and away the easiest team to beat and it has been discussed to the extreme. Disable passive on the blocker and proceed as usual. Warrior Derby Demon is my goto for this defense team and I have a 98% win rate against it.

The Coin Toss Killer - My own defense is a variation of this but the basic principle is Killer Prime with Primordial Prisoner add 2 of virtually any other allies. Most common setup is Final Frontier Eddie/Piece of Mind Eddie plus Alchemist, Charlotte or anything really. This build focuses on the AI’s uncanny ability to go first, despite the claimed (50% chance to go either way). What happens is that Killer Prime will remove 2 beneficial effects (immunity and vanish notwithstanding) and the Primordial Prisoner will disable passives and assuredly inflcit perfect corruption on at least 2 of your team. What happens next is usually a first round cleanup with most teams falling before they even get a chance to counter. What is unique about this setup is that even if you use the exact same attack team against it and you win the toss, your team can do very little damage as the AI defense will not be hindered by the disable passive or will have Eternity shields and Perfect Immunity from Prisoner. Good luck against this team as I have tried several allies to find a reliable attack team but nothing is slowing it it down anytime soon. I have had a little luck with Madam (her passive blocking stat enhancing effects) but if she is disabled there is nothing you can do. The Alchemist can cleanse your team if you win the toss but expect to be hindered again once the opponent Killer Prime activates his passive and expect the Prisoner to disable your blocker or healer if you have one. The Prisoner seems to be able to keep you disabled even if you can manage to cleanse his Disable Passive as tested several times.

The Ferryman Four - This defense can be both weak and very strong. For the most part these teams don’t have a high defense or have too little damage with the exception of the most recent team I faced. Outside of that team I will discuss at the end, most of the teams can be outlasted as long as you have a cleanser or some immunity to the Ferryman attack. I use Alexander, Alchemist and Magus Derby Demon with Serentiy Talismans and have beaten a team using 3 Ferryman. Even if they combine the Assassin Banshee/Blocker with a Ferryman, the damage is not insane so you can return a hefty damage based team back at them and clear all save the Ferryman and then outlast him as he consumes himself.

The team I faced today was today was by far the worst case scenerio and would be the team I would use if I had Ferryman.

FFE/Killer Prime/Prisoner/Ferryman. The only thing I saw lacking in this killing machine was the Ferryman needed to have Nightmare talismans equipped to ensure nothing was awake as his partners reduced your team to lifeless pulp.

Hope that sheds some light on what’s going on lately.

P.S. also there is Disco Death Loop to deal with too..
    Last edited by Stormseye; 02-12-2019 at 05:30 AM.