Thread: Pst

OS
    Android

Pst

Why there are all informations in Pacific Standard Time in the game? Shouldn't there be informations in UTC instead? I suppose most people know what's the difference between UTC and their time zone. If it is so important for some reasons to have PST could there be UTC, too? I think it's easier to convert time from UTC for people from rest of the world.
    Stranger-8205

OS
    Android
    I think I've read that NF is located in Canada, so that's why PST.
    Of course, everybody would prefer another e.g. his/her own time zone. For me, reset is always during night, not so cool...
    Maybe NF should move to England, IRON MAIDEN country - as that's what it's all about here, right?
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    I'm annoyed that British Summer Time ended at the weekend as the maintenance window is now right in the middle of the train journey I usually use to hammer the game, not right afterwards as it is in the Summer lol. Oh well :P
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I think I've read that NF is located in Canada, so that's why PST.
    Of course, everybody would prefer another e.g. his/her own time zone. For me, reset is always during night, not so cool...
    Maybe NF should move to England, IRON MAIDEN country - as that's what it's all about here, right?
    I know what are You talking about. I live in Europe, too Resets are at 0 UTC (whatever is it in PST) so moving NF to England doesn't solve the problem

If NF announces there'll be some maintenance break at 10:30 AM PST do YOU know what time is it here in Europe? Do this know players in India? South Africa? Mars? That's the reason I'd like to have informations in UTC.
    Stranger-8205

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    I know what are You talking about. I live in Europe, too Resets are at 0 UTC (whatever is it in PST) so moving NF to England doesn't solve the problem

If NF announces there'll be some maintenance break at 10:30 AM PST do YOU know what time is it here in Europe? Do this know players in India? South Africa? Mars? That's the reason I'd like to have informations in UTC.
    If they move to England they would also need to move the reset time. Reset should be during working time, as there had been some problems at the start of an event once...or twice... :P

I have to translate the announced maintenance break everytime with google. It's a bit strange, as the game seems to know I am in germany (news feed is still in poor german), but is not able to give out the time in "german" time.

But there are bigger problems in the world for sure! Still nice talking here
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    I use the world clock on my phone and set one clock to PST and use it frm there. Most phones can do this I think - certainly iphone can.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I use the world clock on my phone and set one clock to PST and use it frm there. Most phones can do this I think - certainly iphone can.
    This is much better and easier than googling it. But it’s awkward for other countries because no location is currently using PST. It’s PDT still as Pacific Daylight (summer) time has not reverted to standard yet. They should make it a part of the game so it eventually can tell when the maintenance break is for the local time for wherever the player registered from if not where where phone is.

Banned
    If [moderator] would have a clue about programming, they could show it in the timezone you have in your device.

OS
    Android
    Please be aware, the time clock has been moved back I hour last night. Plan accordingly for the reset.