Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Whoa guys! There's a lotta food for thought in the words I've read in the past 7 pages of this thread.
    All of you have good points and I think some negativity is unavoidable, Its no secret the majority of us are collectors, but I just think Amarthir has a good point, whether you do what's required or buy those extra souls, at the saturating rate new characters are being added I reckon if you plan to stick around just accept you simply will not get every soul for your collection, or at least not in the timely manor you might prefer.
    I finely gave up on that after the previous two events with 6 new souls. I did end up getting the latest Ed still so fresh he only has a hand full of skill shards so far (Phantom Ed that is).
    As time goes on most of the originals in our collections will become useless except for the odd Eddie or character like Alchemist that gets a tweak, so the idea of placing the latest character up for grabs in the heroic souls while good is still mighty small odds as said earlier in this thread and by the time you do acquire it how valuable will it be against the latest thing?
    Muzzleloader had a good idea setting your own goals with ancient characters I like that.
    My goal is to get all my Eddies sharded and start on a few of my ally's that I still should really skill shard you know like ACOTD, Etc... still a possible help in Gauntlet but not this fortnight...
    But I guess my main point would be set your own pace, try not to be sucked in, I've reached the point now I'm just gonna have to choose which ones I want to be a part of and it probably won't align with the latest event.
    If you really like the game then there's enough content to vary it from week to week so it's not mindlessly boring.
    How many of you have a crap load of awesome talisman you just don't seem to be able to power up for lack of evolve talisman or something, because the next big event prevents you?
    I don't plan on going anywhere and I'm basically an original player, if I leave this what then, f***ing candy crush or something? I don't do PS4 or X-box so only other thing is house work and I don't want more house work!!
    Hold is doing the smart thing walking away for a period, if he likes what he see's when he returns he might come back,
    I think all of us need a break from it really, particularly if you've been around for the past 2+years but maybe small breaks a day here a day there a week off it completely, perhaps if we do that then the shock of RNG and the monoteny of it all would not be quite so bad...?
    If you can survive the pay for this pay for that routine in LOTB then what an awesome thing it will be to say you are an original in a few more years!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Whoa guys! There's a lotta food for thought in the words I've read in the past 7 pages of this thread.
    All of you have good points and I think some negativity is unavoidable, Its no secret the majority of us are collectors, but I just think Amarthir has a good point, whether you do what's required or buy those extra souls, at the saturating rate new characters are being added I reckon if you plan to stick around just accept you simply will not get every soul for your collection, or at least not in the timely manor you might prefer.
    I finely gave up on that after the previous two events with 6 new souls. I did end up getting the latest Ed still so fresh he only has a hand full of skill shards so far (Phantom Ed that is).
    As time goes on most of the originals in our collections will become useless except for the odd Eddie or character like Alchemist that gets a tweak, so the idea of placing the latest character up for grabs in the heroic souls while good is still mighty small odds as said earlier in this thread and by the time you do acquire it how valuable will it be against the latest thing?
    Muzzleloader had a good idea setting your own goals with ancient characters I like that.
    My goal is to get all my Eddies sharded and start on a few of my ally's that I still should really skill shard you know like ACOTD, Etc... still a possible help in Gauntlet but not this fortnight...
    But I guess my main point would be set your own pace, try not to be sucked in, I've reached the point now I'm just gonna have to choose which ones I want to be a part of and it probably won't align with the latest event.
    If you really like the game then there's enough content to vary it from week to week so it's not mindlessly boring.
    How many of you have a crap load of awesome talisman you just don't seem to be able to power up for lack of evolve talisman or something, because the next big event prevents you?
    I don't plan on going anywhere and I'm basically an original player, if I leave this what then, f***ing candy crush or something? I don't do PS4 or X-box so only other thing is house work and I don't want more house work!!
    Hold is doing the smart thing walking away for a period, if he likes what he see's when he returns he might come back,
    I think all of us need a break from it really, particularly if you've been around for the past 2+years but maybe small breaks a day here a day there a week off it completely, perhaps if we do that then the shock of RNG and the monoteny of it all would not be quite so bad...?
    If you can survive the pay for this pay for that routine in LOTB then what an awesome thing it will be to say you are an original in a few more years!
    I like your post and I agree with you. At the moment, I did almost all events. And I cannot follow with the shards/runes/skill shards. I obtained new characters but only use my clansman eddie in PVP as he is the only fully sharded and I get used to it. And time to time other eddies in gauntlet but it is very difficult when they are not fully sharded, same goes for other characters... this is why I try not to spend ironite especially for the current event which is doable without using ironite. If I don't get the special characters, it's fine.

OS
    Android
    I pretend this event never happend. Another unfinished bunch of fragments...
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Another one of the events that I don't like. I have never got any featured character from an event soul ever and I'm 100% sure this will be no different. However, this time we have the option of getting the 2 characters through fragments after opening enough event souls.
    Actually, I do have the required amount of ironite (over 5900) because I was mostly saving it from the start (from normal playing, never spent real money on ironite).

What do you think, is it actually worth burning almost all of the saved ironite for these 2 characters?
    Or maybe better keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by HuckFinn150 View Post
    It's no longer enjoyable enough for me to play manually.
    This is the biggest problem with the game right now. The Night City is about to be released, however, so I hope it'll be worth the wait. Apart from that, Gauntlet is cool to play manually but the my team / talisman selection screen needs to be redesigned 'cause it takes longer to set your team up than the actual battle.
    Last edited by Knut-3112; 11-05-2018 at 02:30 PM.

OS
    Android
    I am not an original player, but have been playing since last summer. When I started VHE rules, while Pharoah and Visions were also top eddies. We didn't have auto play for easy grinding or all the crazy talisman. The newer players dont know how hard it was to clear all the worlds. With a few lucky red eyes you can almost clear the entire game except for the newer events. The game has radically changed even from when I started playing.

Until the last few months I was trying to evolve all character without much sharding, still have about 35 toons to go except the rare or new toons With all the recent events I cant even do that anymore. As it has been previously stated it is going to become a pick and choose which evenly to participate in without purchasing ironite.

The game has always been pay to be the best, such as purchasing SoW to become arena champ or top players. The arena has been said it is broke, some really enjoy the challenge others are just frustrated. The gauntlet has been a very good addition. The newer players cant compete since they dont have the deep roster that many have aquired and sharded over time. The top tiers can be frustrating with the coin toss or unpredictable talis on opponents.

I believe the overall scheme of the game has changed, I believe for the worst. It has become, acquire all new additions or feel like being left behind. The game has become one of instant gratification and less long term playing to acquire the precious resources. It's hard to evolve and fully shard the new 5oons before another round comes out.

A year ago how many players could easily auto beat NotB? When BNW came out how many could auto in less than a few minutes with multiple teams. I am losing interest in the overall game. As I was trying to evolve my toons, it's nice to see how far you can get with undead soldiiers or possessed mines with the old talisman, now that can be a real challenge.

This isn't a rant just some rambling thoughts. I still enjoy the game, it's just changed. I am no longer worried about getting the new additions, just trying to enjoy wasting some time.

OS
    iOS
    It would be so cool if events actually dropped event characters... rather than this grind, grind, grind for LESS than a 1% chance of MAYBE pulling a character... or spend $200 (or more) to get a character.

It appears that devs are so damn worried that hardcore players will get everything, that they've made it impossible for casual players to get anything.
    Last edited by Yup; 11-05-2018 at 03:46 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    The lilith frag drops are a nice way of character addition. Even if the RNG was erratic for some, including myself. The god event was wisely done. You may earn them, but a way to acquire them if the grinding didn't work. The beast event was poorly thought out for the players.

The purchase only talisman is a nice way to go. For a while you get a definite benefit with the purchase, but will be available to all in a few weeks/months.

The last pumpkin sac event was a good event overall. The possible downside it definetly gave a huge advantage to long term players with hoards of resources and time to get carpal tunnels.

The continuous grind events are taking to much time to enjoy the game. The lowering of arena wins was a definite plus for many, which for those unable to finish the talisman can drop in the skull quests.

I know everyone cant be pleased about all events, but NF has done many positive approaches to them. We know the events are a money making scheme. How hard of a grind should an event be to reward dedicated players without giving everyone the end reward? The last dungeon event was a challenge at first, but became a grind after some time. Trying to beat the levels was a real challenge and may I say enjoyable to many.

OS
    iOS
    Lilith frag drops???

I've not see a SINGLE Lilith frag this entire event. Or are you referring to previous events?
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Previous events, sorry for the confusion.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    The lilith frag drops are a nice way of character addition. Even if the RNG was erratic for some, including myself. The god event was wisely done. You may earn them, but a way to acquire them if the grinding didn't work. The beast event was poorly thought out for the players.
    Agreed. The Gods of Powerslave series of events was great. Samurai Emperor Eddie would be a great candidate for the Frontier Shop, IMO.
    Satan81-5023