Reasons That Are Slowly Killing The Game

First and foremost this sudden projectile vomiting of new characters every month. Six new characters in the Blade of the Samurai event alone.
YES we are not stupid. We understand perfectly well that you are trying to make money with new characters, with power-up bundles to level characters up, talisman sets and bundles to max those out...But it has already been stated that there are not enough of those being sold (Was no need to fire Spartan...as I said we're not stupid..us players DO talk to one and another..we already knew that a lot of players are not throwing down money on the game) So why continue to flood the game with new characters ?

Another thing that makes flooding the game with new characters a mistake is the fact that the percentage of actually pulling 4 and 5 star characters are extremely low to begin with, never mind pulling event characters. Therefore players that can't get the new powerhouse characters are left behind, never mind those that work jobs, have families to take care of and therefore are forced to take breaks from the game and are not as active.

Which leads into another point that is slowly killing the game.

The game has become more and more geared towards players that can afford to be as active...children...when in all honesty a large percentage of the demographic is adults. Those die hard fans that have followed them throughout their career. As I stated before, those adults have jobs to work, bills to pay, families to support and therefore can't remain as active as school kids.

Yet another thing that is slowly killing the game, is that there is nothing worth doing for us old farts that have been with the game for them start.
We've done cleared the Cosmos, Time Rift, Missions, knocked out huge chunks of the Achievements (Some of the rewards for the achievements are a complete joke) so there isn't a whole lot left to keep us interested. There is nothing to pull us back towards replaying the levels and worlds we completed so long ago. The events are now a grind-fest, working towards goals that offer little to no payoff for the extreme amount of effort. The Arena is pretty much broken...There are huge power spikes in the A.I. causing weaker A.I. controlled teams to take down a players fully skilled, maxed talismans and relic heavy teams. (I once had a 3 star Mummy Eddie completely destroy my team...and Yes I ALWAYS check enemies relics...was NO account for that much power) Glitches in the Arena where Talisman effects are triggering for characters that both do NOT have those abilities themselves OR enough talisman slots for that many effect combos...example..a Beast Eddie that has Shroud from Eclipse talismans, and yet also has buffs being triggered like it also has Destiny or Primordial talismans equipped.

And to some extent the same thing is happening in the Gauntlet

Speaking of which..there is the Gauntlet it's self. Great addition...up to a point. From the start it was and is geared towards players that have hundreds of characters in their collection. Players that are just starting out, or the causal player which makes up a large part of the demographic is completely left behind. They have to look forward to months on end grinding for characters from souls, and even longer grinding to evolve and level those characters out, PLUS collect and max out tons of talisman combos before they even have a hope of taking the Gauntlet on.

Now lets go back to the Arena. Besides needing a serious overhaul because of the bugs, glitches and strange power spikes (We're not fools..we know the A.I. is getting boosts, both in stats, buffs and debuffs) We know for a fact there is manipulation going on in both the points and rank system. A player grinds hard after weekly reset to climb higher in both points and rank and sometime during mid week they're dropped drastically in their standing ! And this happens in the space of finishing one battle and starting the next ! Then to is the fact of the points manipulation for those top 3 to 5 players getting bonus points for having finished the week in that rank positions....making it damn near impossible for other players to catch up and compete.
There is also the huge gap between Duelist & Warlord ! A Player may gain huge amounts of points, but doesn't climb any higher then Duelist in rank, or the flip-side they somehow climb higher in rank without the points to breach and finish in Warlord !

Now lets move on to the "Grind" Yes Auto-Replay is a great addition to the game. But with event goals as they are now, the sudden flood of new characters...never mind trying to grind to work on your resources or collection of characters, be it a small or large collection...has become not only overwhelming, but also extremely boring. There was a time not so long ago when this wasn't the case ! When players had the time even during events, to both grind for their resources and work on their characters. Now days that is not the case...players are forced to choose between the extreme event grind or the grind for resources, character & Talisman building.