Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Night City Speculations

This thread is about what Night City could be and what we might see.

So what do we already know???

Story line
    We know little about the storyline but we do know that the Alchemist is likely going to be filling in the role of the clairvoyant to continue the story after we see him appear after the Clairvoyants death. We also know that we have to battle this other boss thing that shattered Eddie's soul. If this is in Night City we don't know but likely we will see him. The Beast might also be reincarnated and might have to battle him again.

Rewards in Night City
    Rewards will likely see new talismans (least 4 to 6 new ones), Non-coloured xp shards and maybe the addition of non-coloured runes. We will definitely see Evolution shards and runes and common souls. On the madness level, they might give legendary souls or frontier coins. I think that once you finished the normal level and clear the boss level if there is a boss you earn a 4-star killers Eddie.

What Night City will look like

We saw our sneak peek of Night City from the State-Nation 2018 post. It looks promising.

Characters
    New characters like the ones from Maidens first 3 singles along with maybe older characters that will be recycled. This new world likely will only new characters.

Skull Quests
    There should be a new addition of skull quests based on one of the levels in Night City. What the rewards from this Skull Quest will be we do not know.

Anything else
    That it is definitely coming and that its been in the works for a long time. Should hopefully have no bugs as Rags said.
    Last edited by AcesHigh189; 11-05-2018 at 05:37 AM. Reason: To add Skull Quests to the list of things we know

OS
    Android
    Overdue is true but at least with all the extra time put into it one would expect it to flow cleanly and be relatively free of bugs.
    It's probably nothing more than my imagination but on the few times I've gone back to look at the Night City World there seems to be a few lights flashing now more than when I first set eyes on it, almost like a battle is supposed to be taking place inside that building towards the front right building....
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I have a few assumptions, looking after previous conversations and discussions during some of the events:

1. Talismans: like AcesHigh said completely new, or those talismans that were previously available "exclusively".

2. Night City won't have available frontier coins as prizes. After all, it's an end game currency, so if it started giving FC as drop, you could certainly make a month (or not shorter) to earn money for the gods or Alexander Ed.

3. New skull quests. And that's where we could get listed above Frontier Coins. I once asked developers whether there will be a different, constant opportunity to receive currency, rather than by unpacking designated souls. The answer was "Probably, we're thinking over other ways to get Frontier Coins". Either we will be able to farm FC there, or in Silent Planet (my other guess).

4. New 4* and 5* characters. Looking at the design of the city, I do believe we are going to get new eternal-like boss / character, a demon, to be precised, one you can see at one of the Lotb game posters

Name:  maiden--legacy-of-the-beast-game-for-android-1.jpg
Views: 3131
Size:  41.3 KB

What about the Samurai and bear like characters? I don't know, we might get them later this month, judging by the samurai / japanese theme of this month's events.
    From the red sky of the east to the sunset in the west
    We have cheated death and he has cheated us

But that was just a dream and this is what it means
    We are sleeping and we'll dream for evermore

Rebuilding account form the scratch
    Mera-9796

OS
    Android
    I don't know what we can say for sure about Night City besides the little we have been told. Based on their early catalog and East London beginnings, and we can "collect" Killers Eddie through Night City. Just about everything else is up for speculation.

Personally I don't expect much or any continuation of the previous story. My take was it was a whole other story to be told.... It seems safe to say Killers Eddie will be an Assassin, seeing how "the bird" version is an assassin. It says we collect him but how will be key. Will it be like the rest of the cosmos worlds and earned by completing stages much like Wickerman and Soldier Eddie were earned? Or by collecting do they mean fragments of a soul and having to grind to get him? I hope its not the latter but the way the game has been recently I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility.

We've had some teasers already like Charlotte and Phantom Eddie. I think possibly The Madam and The Count could be characters we come up against in Night City. A "Twilight Zone" Eddie based on a form of a spirit could be another new character, likely tied to an event as a way to earn him? Plus I realised the upcoming fragment event is called Warring Gangs, maybe a character or two here could be upcoming enemies for Night City? Or I could be way off base haha.

There should be new Skull Quests, I am thinking perhaps frontier coins or similar could drop from these albeit in small quantities. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say it will cost 6 SoT for Night City Madness too. New talismans make sense but but how many sets, I dunno. I hope there are lots and lots of 3* evo runes as those are damn hard to come by these days and we keep getting all these talismans from gauntlet and events and never enough evo runes to level them up!

I expect a few bugs, I remember what BNW was like at first with the middle wave with the Corrupt Rescuers and Droids causing hangs...
    Also a step up in graphics much like the recent dungeon showed. New tunes as well which might be the best part!

Thing is with game development, ideas can change. That "samurai" looking character I think was an early interpretation of what the valkyries were going to look like and we ended up getting futuristic Anime type characters instead. That "Demoness" looking character could be possible though. But then is that an early version of an idea they had for Charlotte? All guesses really unless the devs wanna just come out and tell us (yeah right).

I better leave the speculation there otherwise I might be disappointed when it finally arrives :P
    Last edited by thealchemist; 11-04-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Overdue is true but at least with all the extra time put into it one would expect it to flow cleanly and be relatively free of bugs..

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahhha.... gasp.... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks man.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I'd always imagined the Hellraiser/Trickster/Chopper chars were a preview of Night City - I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up in lieu of new characters we haven't seen before. I've also presumed that the demoness character in a mini skirt on the artwork would be a Night City boss of some sort... (pleather doens't really fit in any of the other Cosmos worlds :P)

After all this time it would be amazing if we got a whole second chapter of the story showing Eddie and The Alchemist facing off against The Unmaker (if the name in the comic is cannon in game), with not just Night City but 3 other worlds on top to make a second 4-world chapter. Not holding out hopes for this though!
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    iOS
    It was always pretty clear to me that Hellraiser/Trickster/Chopper were from Night City. With Night City being based on London, those characters are obviously demonic versions of London street thugs. Other than those 3, I can't see too many more basic baddies. When Brave New World finally came out, the only new basic enemy was that starfish thing. As for bosses, perhaps that demonic lady from the art posters mentioned above. Maybe Charlotte, as a boss turned ally, like the Prisoner or Allied General were in the story.

I expect a Trooper world to be the next in line after Night City, since we have gotten several of those characters already.

OS
    Android
    I admit I fell for the devs bullshit, ie hellraiser/trickster/chopper. I guess calling them the "demons of creation" when they were initially launched was a diversion or whatever but with the fragment event its clear they are Night City characters. We've seen the Magus Hellraiser in Gauntlet so I would expect that to be added along with Assassin and Warrior choppers and Sentinel trickster. It seems a stretch but could the Shinobi's and Musashi be in night city too?
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    If charlotte was a boss that actually might make sense as the lryics in From Fear To Eternity says The Beast and Charlotte were 2 of a kind. With the part of tricksters and the gangsters being in the Night City. I change my opinion to yes they are likely going to be in the Night City.

OS
    iOS
    There are many pssibilities for sure. I think the oriental characters could well be in it - sourced from the Maiden Japan Live disc - I think mine is Live +1 or somethng like that. I can see the first two album single covers being integrated into the world or events too - it make sense to me anyway to do that. i think that is going to be the way forward for new levels as I am sure they are working on others too. Each album/single/EP or even album track could generate a new character or even environment.

We could see a Ruskin Arms element, we could see a twilight zone, women in uniform, sanctuary, a prodigal son, drifter etc etc - so much to pick from and going forward why would we not see a world based on Somewhere in Time for example - I mean there are so many different options for Worlds or areas or levels - Maiden have always been a visual band so there is no lack of iconic imagery that can be used as a source. A mean we have BNW already, we should get Silent Planet but there are many others.

Saying that I was a little shocked to see Samurai getting a limited edition version at this stage - why you have to ask yourself when there are so many characters in the lyrics that can be lifted and used - slight concern with this but hopefully just a bit of laziness on their behalf.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496