Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

The best ever PVP talisman ability would be......

Block Extra turns on opposing team.

Not disable passives, but just block all enemies from getting an "extra turn" whether due to a passive, a skill, a talisman, or another character granting them. It could be a silver debuff.

Now let the Hollowed Ed users start complaining
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    As someone who pretty much relies on Samurai Ed's extra turns for a lot of battles, this idea is a nightmare... But at the same time, it could definitely be a good thing to have, especially as a silver debuff. Could be quite interesting.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    iOS
    My thought is it would absolutely mix things up. Everyone at the top of PVP is using HE and the Alchemist and winning due to all the extra turns alone. Have the ability to disable that and there's balance.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I completely agree. It'd change teams so much, since many like myself rely on these extra turns for extra beneficial buffs (Osiris with Warlord comes to mind, as well as Alchemist and Hallowed). Everyone would have to rethink and rebuild, and you wouldn't face pretty much the same boring teams in PVP.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    iOS
    Interestingly enough, I had actually started work on a passive that was something like this at one point, but never pulled the trigger on it because I felt it would be too powerful (i.e. make a lot of characters and certain talisman sets irrelevant). However, I do think it could work in a more limited scope, perhaps as a silver debuff, similar to what Deathbat mentioned.

Maybe I'll look into reviving that idea at some point if there is enough interest in it.

-Kaz

OS
    Android
    Yup great idea to end the PvP lunacy metric that has put many of us off. Kaz should do something to shake loose the stranglehold.
    Last edited by edsel; 11-14-2018 at 10:47 PM.

OS
    Android
    Yeah I use HE and even I have to agree something has to be done as good as HE is now, which was a welcome tweak in my opinion I'm over the HE, Alchemist combo time to balance things up and restore any number of possibilities with different Ed and Ally combo's.. Every single Arena battle should make the attacker think twice about the team their going to play... just like Gauntlet at the upper levels..

I had thought simply taking away HE's extra turn after fury would do it but I like this idea even more!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    Interestingly enough, I had actually started work on a passive that was something like this at one point, but never pulled the trigger on it because I felt it would be too powerful (i.e. make a lot of characters and certain talisman sets irrelevant). However, I do think it could work in a more limited scope, perhaps as a silver debuff, similar to what Deathbat mentioned.

Maybe I'll look into reviving that idea at some point if there is enough interest in it.

-Kaz
    My thought, was either as an "automatic" on a talisman set, like the Primordials, which just casts it at start on all enemies. Or, a "% chance to inflict on perfect attacks" like the Sleep silver buff of the Nightmares. But please.. more than 35%. Heck even adding it to Primordials maybe.

The problem currently is that "extra turn" is way overpowered (on the AI D team) for some characters... HE getting 6, 7, 8 turns in a row (I actually have lost due to HE just hitting and hitting and hitting and hitting and hitting and hitting and hitting) and then granting Echo to the rest of the team... Alchemist getting at least 2..... M Lilith always getting 3 if not 6, 7, 8.... Yeah I know there's "no boost" but the attack team NEVER gets such numbers. Not ever for ANY character. So supply something that combats the incredible "extra turn" streaks the AI is granting.
    Last edited by Yup; 11-15-2018 at 04:41 AM.
    CLANLESS

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Heck even adding it to Primordials maybe.
    No no and then another no, followed by another, guess what,...no

Primordial talismans still need a nerf not another buff. That would cause an even greater gap between the “haves” and “have nots”.

The ability should be on a 2 Talisman set with 45% chance on perfect hits.
    Last edited by Stormseye; 11-15-2018 at 05:17 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah I knew that wouldn't go well I tend to agree that Primordials probably don't need another buff... I was thinking more how they work.. auto-cast at start.
    CLANLESS