OS
    Android

Iron Maiden is pro Brexit

News in French but video in english (w French subtitles)

https://www.nouvelobs.com/brexit/201...-l-europe.html

What about you ?
    Last edited by Banished; 11-19-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Vanished75
    Missing eddies: Navigator, Ramasses, Number of the beast, Virtual XI Eddies
    Really missing: Redan
    I play all my troopers everyday

OS
    iOS
    Well Bruce is - not sure about Maiden! I guess it is each to their own. Bruce is looking at it from a different angle to many when the referendum took place as I think a lot of pro-Brexit votes were trying to reduce immigration to the UK - not all of them but a lot I think.

I think if there was another vote now in the UK it would be a different outcome.

Personally, I would like to see the EU stay as it is and for us to keep things more open with folk moving into (and out of) the UK. Either way on the trading side of things the market will sort itself out over time. Supply and demand for products will settle down and trading will be pretty mcuh as it was.

In many ways it is diffcult to say how it will all turn out until it happens but I do believe the market will right itself over time - as for the rest of the implications that are possible, who knows! I live in Scotland so a big part of me thinks that it is better for Scotland to stay in the EU - I voted for independence for Scotland because I would like to see Scotland have more political power and the right to self determine its future in all ways as opposed to being partially goverened by Westminster and the Scottish Parliament. Again, more of a belief that we can do it and so it better ourselves but that too had a risk attached to it as Scotland can and does gain in certain ways from being part of the UK.

In many ways we have no real say in how it will all pan out for everyone - but the vote took place and the marginal result was to leave the EU - we just have to see what happens from here and hope that any negatives are not to big a hurdle to bigger issues like us all stil being part of Europe and having to look after one another and importantly to make sure that we work together to maintain good relations and peace.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Well Bruce is - not sure about Maiden! I guess it is each to their own. Bruce is looking at it from a different angle to many when the referendum took place as I think a lot of pro-Brexit votes were trying to reduce immigration to the UK - not all of them but a lot I think.
    As always, Bruce is very intelligent, well-read, and well-spoken. If I understand correctly, he's a "business conservative" who wants more free trade and fewer restrictions on business - unsurprising given how much of an entrepreneur he's been. He's also very much an English patriot.

I think if there was another vote now in the UK it would be a different outcome.
    Given how everything's gone down, yeah, I think you're right.

In many ways it is diffcult to say how it will all turn out until it happens but I do believe the market will right itself over time - as for the rest of the implications that are possible, who knows! I live in Scotland so a big part of me thinks that it is better for Scotland to stay in the EU - I voted for independence for Scotland because I would like to see Scotland have more political power and the right to self determine its future in all ways as opposed to being partially goverened by Westminster and the Scottish Parliament. Again, more of a belief that we can do it and so it better ourselves but that too had a risk attached to it as Scotland can and does gain in certain ways from being part of the UK.
    I'm a huge single malt fan, so I hope the whisky and the distilleries end up ok!
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    As always, Bruce is very intelligent, well-read, and well-spoken. If I understand correctly, he's a "business conservative" who wants more free trade and fewer restrictions on business - unsurprising given how much of an entrepreneur he's been. He's also very much an English patriot.

I'm a huge single malt fan, so I hope the whisky and the distilleries end up ok!
    I was born in the North East of Scotland which is malt whiskey country - in fact my favourite whiskey was created two miles from my parental home in Forres! Try, if you can get it, Dallas Dhu - my favourite by a long long way - but them I am biased!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post

Yeah he very much is - and in a way so am I on the trade side - the market will sort itself out is very business conservative (conservative with a small 'c' as I am defo not a Tory!) It is the other side of Brexit I am less comfortable with - the closing of rights to movement 9to a degree) - the UK essentially looking to close the doors more than they are at the moment. Almost sticking two finger up at the rest of Europe - not keen on that at all as it just does not sit well with me on that level. On the trade side I am less bothered - as i have said supply and demand is king and it will clean up any mess over time.

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Laphroig from the isle of peat was my fave, the 27 year old available in the mid 90s was heavenly. Scott, you are blessed to live in such a beautiful place with such tasty fluids. Where I grew up 8n silicon valley California we had micro brew everywhere and the wine country. Loved to go up and drink Sierra Nevada at their taproom in Chico, the ultimate brewery.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by edsel View Post
    Laphroig from the isle of peat was my fave, the 27 year old available in the mid 90s was heavenly. Scott, you are blessed to live in such a beautiful place with such tasty fluids. Where I grew up 8n silicon valley California we had micro brew everywhere and the wine country. Loved to go up and drink Sierra Nevada at their taproom in Chico, the ultimate brewery.
    Yeah, it is a very beautiful area of the world for sure - the drive up the A9 to where I used to live - even all the way up to Orkney is quite something. The North East is a lovely place too and it is whiskey country for sure - there are so many distilleries it is remarkable. Laphroig is a nice dram for sure - though as you sau very peat based. I tend to go for the lighter water based malts like Dallas Dhu - not cheap though and very hard to get. I have a few bottles from various casks - several have never been opened...yet!

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I was born in the North East of Scotland which is malt whiskey country - in fact my favourite whiskey was created two miles from my parental home in Forres! Try, if you can get it, Dallas Dhu - my favourite by a long long way - but them I am biased!
    I've tried a couple of different bottlings of Dallas Dhu - it's a wonderful whisky! Rather unfortunate that the distillery closed.
    Satan81-5023