Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    Android
    Its 10:50 PM central time.its 2 hours ahead of Pacific time that NF refers.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    It's 4.00 pm roughly in Sydney when you posted that, and stinking f...ing hot about 43. C locally I would normally do the conversion but convert to Fahrenheit and you'll know what we're dealing with...
    Just lost to Drinkblood again... damn that's an awesome defense!
    Will best him again in a few hours.
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Rags, what is the humidity. We dont get that hot to often, but the humidity is what really is the killer.. in summer we dont break 100 F to much, but it happens. When we do the humidity reaches 85+ % which makes it real uncomfortable.
    The temp outside now is about 20F, not to bad for this time.of the year.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Rags, what is the humidity. We dont get that hot to often, but the humidity is what really is the killer.. in summer we dont break 100 F to much, but it happens. When we do the humidity reaches 85+ % which makes it real uncomfortable.
    The temp outside now is about 20F, not to bad for this time.of the year.
    Hi again ML sorry for the late reply, it's nice and cool right now but yesterday's humidity was around 60 - 70%, this is normal summer weather we get around 2 to 3 heatwaves like this in a normal season, on normal non heatwave days it's still 89.6 F on average... today's meant to be 102.2 F but out west of sydney it's going to be hotter than that I'd be sure...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    what permadeth and doom are for?
    I thought they have fixed that since my build relies on Permadeath to counter Osiris/Charlotte and other revivers. Not once has an enemy revived if killed while permadeath or doom were on them. It even kills Icarus dead without revive.

That being said I have been playing with a Doom build that I can’t quite perfect yet. Any input from you hard nosed strategists?

The number of allies with Doom inflicting abilities is rather slime so talismans will have to play a big part.

Mystic Eddie -Destiny/Sustaining - Primarily he is the detonator to this build. His fury, with max shards, has 100% chance of triggering any Doom effects on the opposing team. He can carry Destiny talismans and I like damage mitigation, so he makes and excellent vehicle. He is listed as a Party Enchancer, so his damage is very weak and at best I am ducking and diving to keep him alive until he can Fury. I manage this with the aid of Destiny and his basic attack
    Dream, which has a 75% chance to Vanish him every round. I am still trying to incorporate his other skils but they are very awkward.

In order for this build to function, I need to have some way to inflict Doom and capitilize on it before it gets cleansed. Though Mystic can do this, he needs the enemy to have Seal on them, so this requires another ally or talismans to do this and there just isnt room for another specialty ally so we have to dismiss that as a viable Doom source. His fury can also inflict seal but this is a wasted use if the purpose is to use his fury to trigger Doom.

So now lets look at allies that can inflict Doom.

Assassin Derby Demon - I am working on her talismans since she could carry Fate/Angel but I feel her talismans need to be more beneficial to the build and not just to survivability but I will leave this as above till I find something more useful.

Her power move removes Immunity from all enemies and has a 75% chance to inflict Doom on 2 random enemies for 3 turns. Her basic attack can remove all beneficial effects and inflict Block beneficial effects if either Armor/Magic penetration are in place. I could put a set of Magic penetration on her with Fate since we will have a cleanser(see below). Still undecided on that though.

Alchemist - While he is “ tried and true” and “old and boring” in the same mouthful, he can inflict Doom and has unmatched utility. His standard set up for me is Angel/Immortality and I see no reason to change it.

The first two allies are technically interchangable in the build but the fourth spot is a real debate. Mystic will be using Destiny and providing some mitigation but I still may need a blocker since most of the allies are weak.

I can’t decide what to add. A damager like Killer Prime whose passive can help remove Immunity? Another Doom inflicting ally like Sentinel Chopper who can heal, wear Destiny and maybe a bit of damage? A non-common blocker? I hate to resort back to Magus or Marauder as I am trying to bring underutilized allies into the build.

What do you all think?
    Last edited by Stormseye; 12-29-2018 at 08:11 PM.

OS
    Android
    Stormseye, cant really help you there. I dont have assassin demon derby or killer prime, one vortex away and ran out of time. Did your try assassin undead rescuer for a relatively unused toon. I know his power move only gives 60% chance to apply doom, but it does raise magic and attack for 3 turns.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    I thought they have fixed that since my build relies on Permadeath to counter Osiris/Charlotte and other revivers. Not once has an enemy revived if killed while permadeath or doom were on them. It even kills Icarus dead without revive.

That being said I have been playing with a Doom build that I can’t quite perfect yet. Any input from you hard nosed strategists?

The number of allies with Doom inflicting abilities is rather slime so talismans will have to play a big part.

Mystic Eddie -Destiny/Sustaining - Primarily he is the detonator to this build. His fury, with max shards, has 100% chance of triggering any Doom effects on the opposing team. He can carry Destiny talismans and I like damage mitigation, so he makes and excellent vehicle. He is listed as a Party Enchancer, so his damage is very weak and at best I am ducking and diving to keep him alive until he can Fury. I manage this with the aid of Destiny and his basic attack
    Dream, which has a 75% chance to Vanish him every round. I am still trying to incorporate his other skils but they are very awkward.

In order for this build to function, I need to have some way to inflict Doom and capitilize on it before it gets cleansed. Though Mystic can do this, he needs the enemy to have Seal on them, so this requires another ally or talismans to do this and there just isnt room for another specialty ally so we have to dismiss that as a viable Doom source. His fury can also inflict seal but this is a wasted use if the purpose is to use his fury to trigger Doom.

So now lets look at allies that can inflict Doom.

Assassin Derby Demon - I am working on her talismans since she could carry Fate/Angel but I feel her talismans need to be more beneficial to the build and not just to survivability but I will leave this as above till I find something more useful.

Her power move removes Immunity from all enemies and has a 75% chance to inflict Doom on 2 random enemies for 3 turns. Her basic attack can remove all beneficial effects and inflict Block beneficial effects if either Armor/Magic penetration are in place. I could put a set of Magic penetration on her with Fate since we will have a cleanser(see below). Still undecided on that though.

Alchemist - While he is “ tried and true” and “old and boring” in the same mouthful, he can inflict Doom and has unmatched utility. His standard set up for me is Angel/Immortality and I see no reason to change it.

The first two allies are technically interchangable in the build but the fourth spot is a real debate. Mystic will be using Destiny and providing some mitigation but I still may need a blocker since most of the allies are weak.

I can’t decide what to add. A damager like Killer Prime whose passive can help remove Immunity? Another Doom inflicting ally like Sentinel Chopper who can heal, wear Destiny and maybe a bit of damage? A non-common blocker? I hate to resort back to Magus or Marauder as I am trying to bring underutilized allies into the build.

What do you all think?
    Hi Stormseye I think The Witch Doctor has a doom ability and a cleansing ability too.... FFE also has a doom ability of sorts for when you get him, but that won't help with old Mystic,...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Beast Eddie he's a doom option as well. I think it's in his fury.