Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I just realized something interesting today about a character that I haven't used before but might be a new wrinkle. The Crimean warrior has a skill that allows him to do 99 percent of his hit points to and enemy as true damage. He also starts with endure. Pair him with a character that generates power, a healer, and use energy talismans on one and strike and angel on him and you have a character that could be a high damager. What do you think?

OS
    Android
    Metalking, the Crimean Warrior can do some good amount of damage, but he is a bit weak in HP. Endure is easy to steal so you may need a blocker or he might die in the first round. You can always revive him, he can be used in gauntlet when you are running low on toons.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Stormeseye, Sentinal Desert Guardian really shined this last event against Krampus. His disable passive and blocking ability coupled with Eternal talis makes him a good choice against blocker or pesky toons with a passive ability. I definitely use him in gauntlet. I haven't been that active In the arena., do I haven't tried him against the new toons.

What is your opinion on power vs energy talis. Energy talis gives 3 power on attacks while power gives 1 power per hit when attacked, while giving a power shield. The power shield is kind of weak and can be stolen. In gauntlet where they seem to win the toss more often, being attacked by multi hitters can allow 2 power moves on your first turn. Also if you use energy talis you dont earn power when using power moves. You can still earn power while stunned , frozen or slept. Which is where the game is currently going.

Awhile back when golden gunner dog was used energy talis were a great benefit.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    While I was rolling my eyes over Sentinel Desert Guardian, I am also in total agreement, if old ally's is what we're talking about and looking for you won't find too many as good...
    A few things I've said before, but worth a mention in this thread, many of you should have realised through Gauntlet that many of those older characters really aren't so underpowered when fitted with the latest and greatest Talisman.

BBE is fantastic when fitted with the warlord talisman (honestly just about any character is better fitted with warlord talisman)

If anyone out there is contemplating a team build based on sleep, look no further than FFE (when you've saved enough frags) besides the insane damage he does, any left standing after his fury are 90% likely to be inflicted with perfect sleep, there's the Assasin Hell Hound we've all rediscovered from Night City inflicting sleep, Magis Mayan Priestess as well and a set of nightmares along with angels in Alchemist could also be good.
    The problem I see with sleep is knowing what order of turns and single or multi hitters as you don't want to wake them,
    Perfecting that order and the character selection could potentially see the opposition all dead before they even have their turn...

Now to add some weaknesses you may need to exploit on FFE builds I have noticed... I use MLillith as the blocker and Alchemist as the cleanser, Charlotte to remove or steal buffs and revive if necessary, problem is, unlike yesterday's builds centred around gunners, I can't get the fury to go off in one turn anymore, if the blocker is gone FFE is cleaned up rather quickly by any hard hitting warrior class character, also the AI seems to ignore class advantage rules a larger percentage of the time and FFE attracts damage from many of the opposition.. Prisoner in the defence team causes me no end of problems, I have to change my attack and include Prisoner to counter his passive effects,

I have not tested this but I reckon a good counter FFE build should include Prisoner, Sentinel Desert Guardian, Charlotte or Warrior Lillith, BBE or Alex maybe?
    I say this perhaps at my own peril...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Something Ive been testing out more, but havent gotten around to much bcause of a lack of materials (too many events I havent had time to do more BNW runs lol). A while ago single target characters seemed at a disadvantage, particularly because their ability to proc talis was limited. Nowadays there are many more options for them, especially ones with good passives. Destiny talis being the first big one, and primordial made the prisoner dominant again. But now we have lots of interesting 2 sets, shields, and talis that proc once per attack regardless of how that attack functions. Im trying to see what old characters are gonna become relevant again because of this; I havent had much time to experiment bcause as I said im lacking mats rn, but its interesting

OS
    iOS
    I have always been a fan of Energy over most other 3 set green talismans. Talisman sets that have a passive ability like Purge or Angel are better for most of my build types. This is mainly because blue beneficial effects can be so easliy stolen or are just temporary for a round or two. The exception is sets that give a beneficial effect on attacks like shields or effect removal. They can be utilized the entire battle as opposed to just at the beginning. Most of the allies that I use Energy on tend to be multi-hitters and have the ability to take extra turns. That means more chance to steal power. Stealing power is better than most negative effects like stun or silence since those can be cleansed. You can have zero negative effects on you but if you have no power you can only use basic attacks or Fury.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    I was wondering if anyone uses a fully sharded warrior desert warrior. His normal move heal blocks a single target, while his power move permadeathe a single target. Since he can hold valor talis, he may be of value to shard. I've never seen him in the arena or even gauntlet on lower levels.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    ML definitely worth the effort if you can afford the shards, I still find my self wondering what permadeth and doom are for?
    Kill your target inflicted with either neg buff and they seem to come back just the same... but try as we must it may help, and stand as it is designed to at some point it might actually help you the way it should!

Btw where do you hail from ML you seem to be awake when everyone else is sleeping?

OS
    Android
    Rags, I'm from St. Louis, Missouri, USA. I have some medical issues that cause problems with sleeping, I can be up any hour of the day.

Since the warriors sentinal brother has shown his true worth, I was going to give him a try. He may help in gauntlet , especially if he has valor talis benefits.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    I hope ML is ok with you? But you are a pioneer my friend, you may well have an advantage over every other average trooper if you keep up this experimenting with old toons!
    I too have an unusual sleep time regime... the Mrs keeps strange work related start times which will inevitably effect me to, so I am potentially on the game or forums anytime of day...
    So what time of day or night is there anyway?