Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Have you ever had an LOTB R.S.I? Where do you play LOTB?

R.S.I Repetitive Strain Injury this may not always be an injury but maybe more like something about yourself you have noticed a change in that can only be a result of LOTB....

For example, I'm right handed, the inside of the tip of my right index finger has developed a callous from screen tapping due directly to this game.

I usually sit in my preferred man cave lounge chair, with every thing ready I may need... Usually after a short time my sitting up has slid to a very poor posture, and will more often than not result in falling asleep mid arena battle... falling asleep usually happens against ohh I don't know Stormseye or Edsel! (just jokes)

Has anyone got funny stuff to share in this regard, or will this become another thread attempt of mine that's buried in the next 24 hours...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    I recently had a muscle spasm in my back that pinched a nerve down my right arm that caused my ring finger and pinky to go numb. My doctor said it was caused by holding my I Pad combined with poor posture for an extended period of time. It was right after the pumpkin sacrifice event...

OS
    iOS
    lol, awesome thread idea. I've had a time where my fingers started getting numb and it all came from my arm being bent and resting on the arm-rest for so long that it pinched a nerve. Falling asleep while grinding in the arena is pretty standard practice too! Only to wake up and get the 'you have x minutes to finish'!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    lol, awesome thread idea. I've had a time where my fingers started getting numb and it all came from my arm being bent and resting on the arm-rest for so long that it pinched a nerve. Falling asleep while grinding in the arena is pretty standard practice too! Only to wake up and get the 'you have x minutes to finish'!
    Oh dear! Both of those I've been guilty of, I have lost feeling in both hands from leaning my wrists on the table while battling arena with the phone resting also on the table..
    In my favourite longe spot in the man cave I am constantly swapping which leg I rest on which knee, pins and needles are a regular occurrence...

OS
    Android
    I hear Eddie Screaming everywhere ... Am I mad ?
    Actual Champion : Mystic Flame

Only missing :

kgk56-6386

_____________| CLAN |______________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I have fallen asleep more times than I can recall while selecting my team for either Arena or.some other event and had to fight with just a single Eddie because as I passed out, my thimb hit the Battle button.

Rags I know how you feel, I have fallen asleep testing my own defense. It is rhat boring lol.

The biggest issue I have is that I like to play in bed the last two hours before I sleep and my hands will both become numb.so I have to stretch them out.

Of course who here has not dropped their phone on their face while playing in bed? Don’t pretend it has not happened to some of you.

Nice thread Rags.check your inbox!

OS
    Android
    Yes, I have. Mostly because of scrolling characters roster left and right.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Normal business hours in my office at "work" Monday -Friday is Gauntlet/Arena/manual playing for missions and difficult quests. At game reset I have one phone in each pocket running troopers on auto while making dinner, playing father/husband. The "you have 3 minutes left do you want to continue" alert comes up when someone interrupts my battle with some work, which I must keep at a minimum in order to make as much time during the day for digital recreation. In the days before auto play I would have the phone on the towel rack while in the shower to continue the operation of trooper rotation. Also arena battles while in traffic driving home. Distracted driving? I think more it was distracted arena battle due to the stop and go. I must admit this game really fills in the blank spaces in my life.

OS
    iOS
    I feel like the skin on my finger tips is slowly being worn away from all the scrolling left and right. Especially the first few days of gauntlet where I have to hunt for talismans to swap around and also during sac events I will start using different fingers to scroll because my middle finger will start to feel like I'm wearing the skin off. Maybe that's why I don't have callouses like Rags yet I play almost entirely on an iPad.
    Thankfully I don't play in bed so I've not dropped my phone on my face, but I laughed when I read that it's happened to you guys!

I just did a quick search and found this interesting weblog on what the guy is calling Tablet Fingertip Syndrome that pretty accurately covers what I'm describing. https://prodromou.wordpress.com/2011...rtip-syndrome/
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    Android
    Stormseye my inbox is just fine but Thanks for asking!
    Electronic devices in the bedroom? That is strictly forbidden at our place so that will never happen, the bedroom for us is the one place you can go where there will be no vibrations, no beeps, rings, tweets, squeaks or other distractions other than that one that is preferable..... yes sleep, what we're you thinking?

Edsel I still auto troopers in work hours when it's as simple as pushing a few buttons closing the phone and putting it back in my bag. I have tried it in the car but it's just not good, our states policing very heavily phone use whilst driving, if you get caught it's half your licence gone in one go, if it happens during a holiday season or weekend you will lose your licence completely. Besides that phone service in many of the remote areas I travel to and inbetween on a daily basis is limited, so it's not uncommon to discover I only got through a portion of my troopers whilst I was travelling..

When I sit in my favourite man land spot to play LOTB it normally encompasses coffee in the mornings and bourbon and coke and a smoke in the afternoons (no more with the smokes I'm trying to quit) but it's surprising just how much bourbon and smokes one can get through when your busy playing the game.