Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I, for one, am glad that some players do pay to play/win (though I am never sure what you 'win' as such?) or we would have no game at all. I really dont play to win/play - but I do love the game so I do buy stuff from time to time when it suits me. I know I will never be top 3 or 10 even in arena or gauntlet as not got the time to do manual play a lot every day to the extent you seem to need to - I will leave all of that to the hard core who go for it...hats off to them, it takes commitment!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I, for one, am glad that some players do pay to play/win (though I am never sure what you 'win' as such?) or we would have no game at all. I really dont play to win/play - but I do love the game so I do buy stuff from time to time when it suits me. I know I will never be top 3 or 10 even in arena or gauntlet as not got the time to do manual play a lot every day to the extent you seem to need to - I will leave all of that to the hard core who go for it...hats off to them, it takes commitment!
    What's disappointing to me is that there is not really a "micro" payments system, it's all "macro".

That was originally supposed to be the deal with the games : small payments from lots of players adding up to enough to make costs; and with the micro payments, many players would spend more than on a regular subscription game every month because the items were so inexpensive.

There is basically nothing on the micro scale here. Yeah, the 2.99 daily SOT deal is fairly cheap ("deal" is debatable), and the 9.99 Ironite is a good deal versus the other Ironite purchases, and occasionally there are some reasonably priced deals; the 9.99 packs triggered by dropping 5* characters come to mind.
    Many of the available purchases are at least the cost of a full AAA title's monthly charge, and some are substantially more than that, the cost of the game and multiple month's subscription.

For some reason, it's just not smart to have 100 people buying $3 items twice a week, it's far better to have only 12 people buy a $50 item every week.
    Ya know, so there's fewer players around sucking up server resources.

OS
    Android
    I only "like" those that buy large amounts of event soul packs to try getting the event character. Especially if this char isn't even worth it.
    But I really don't like that NF once in a while gives the chance to have a super advantage over other players by releasing extremely powerful Talismans only for real money. For those who don't remember or do not play long enough: Destiny Talisman (yes the one >95% of players use in their teams) was a pay only in the beginning and this advantage lasted for months! Redemption and Avenger are similar examples.
    In my eyes it is a deliberate distortion of the conditions on the battlefield with the insidious intent of stoking people's fear of missing something.
    But because IAP, Micropay, LootBoxes and the like (the DLC policy on computer games as well) have become so "normal", most people seem to accept it. It stinks!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    If you need to complete with 10 power abilities, use those that require 3 power. I used horus with energy, and run to the hills with echo. After i was up to 12 power, i kept using his future power ability, which only requires 3 power (use to be 2) all while granting me an extra turn. Rinse n repeat until all power abilities are met, then finish the match with a stronger eddie like doomsday. After that, replay the match with the same characters but instead of run the the hills, use doomsday

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer-Frost View Post
    If you need to complete with 10 power abilities, use those that require 3 power. I used horus with energy, and run to the hills with echo. After i was up to 12 power, i kept using his future power ability, which only requires 3 power (use to be 2) all while granting me an extra turn. Rinse n repeat until all power abilities are met, then finish the match with a stronger eddie like doomsday. After that, replay the match with the same characters but instead of run the the hills, use doomsday
    Another useful one is Vampire Hunter Eddie - 3 power, marks the target and gives extra turn.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    iOS
    Gold and souls vault with all magus characters? Have tried a handful of combos all failed. Not seeing how this is possible - none of the magus eddies seem up to the task. Most are squishy single target hitters with no extra turns.

OS
    Android
    I dont have an opening for a trooper at the moment. When an opening occurs I will send you a request.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    Finished all event quests. Zero Killer, but useless Derby-Demons. Bought 10 night souls and got 2(!) Cyborg Eddies.
    Again an event with only useless new toons for me.
    Frustrating to see players with the Killer and Prime Killer, only because of Pay2Play / Pay2Win
    welcome to my world
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    @Ezz I used Crusader Eddie. His fury comes up quick and give the ability to keep the team from taking damage for 2 turns. I make sure his fury is up at the start of the battle (after the first wave). This way my other toons have a chance to defeat the enemy.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    Gold and souls vault with all magus characters? Have tried a handful of combos all failed. Not seeing how this is possible - none of the magus eddies seem up to the task. Most are squishy single target hitters with no extra turns.
    I did it with Crusader Eddie, and Grimmy and SSE as backup. As Troopers I used Aset and The Alchemist. I could imagine that the Corrupt General could work also nice stunning them to oblivion
    Inishmore-8627