Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Why are warriors so damn underwhelming?

This guantlet run is really making it apparent. Ive noticed before but it seems aside from Sekhmet (one of the best char in the game admittedly) and to a lesser extent lillith, very few are really worth using like anywhere. Clansman is good but not so much anymore, havent tried Phantom Eddie, so maybe that too

I mean lets just look at what theyve got:
    -No revives. At least to my knowledge. Its critical in todays game
    -Effectiveness entirely based on sharding, theyre damage dealers and hit like duds without it
    -Burns are *still* pretty weak despite how much theyve been buffed or given new uses, actually one the best burn characters is a sentinel, go figure.
    -Feast or famine: with how single turn wins are becoming less and less relevant today, angel of fear, child etc are just lame
    -Too many single targets, that are always outclassed by assassins. Plus the best red talis, thorn and explosion need the multi hit.
    -On that note, most the other talis suck, besides echo and redemption, with redemption being extremely rare until recently
    -Alexander is totally not worth the coins lmao

OS
    Android
    Well, alright. I forgot this and have to be fair. Counterstrike talis are amazing and my main lineup is pretty reliant on them. I dont usually consider them warrior talis tho because theyre better for other things lol

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviangers View Post
    Well, alright. I forgot this and have to be fair. Counterstrike talis are amazing and my main lineup is pretty reliant on them. I dont usually consider them warrior talis tho because theyre better for other things lol
    lol, as I was reading I was going to note this. Look, AoF is still a great char. Particularly on manual, the extra turn passive can be huge in PVP. Sharded, it can knock out great damage too. Wickerman and nomad also both have their uses. You do make a good point that most need to be sharded to hit hard enough. The red ninja is decent recent addition too.

I think the thing with them too is that they start to come into their own a lot more with skill buffs. Give them ascension and they really come into their own.

Also fwiw, Phantom Eddie is pretty handy. He has that revive you mention, plus is cleansing/debuffing/sleeping good.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Interesting thread!
    But I think there are many great warriors that build nice synergies, also with the Talismans available! Did you forget Valor!?
    For sure, some warriors lost their importance to a certain degree but this is the case for so many chars and talis...no specific warrior problem.
    There have been times when some of the warriors dominated the meta, especially AoF, (Nomad), Lilith, NboL and Undead Rescuer!
    Apart from Coalgiver, Eddie Eddie and RttH Eddie I used the others regularly in the Gauntlet and they all have their nice abilities (Shaman at the lower end). Alexander is great, especially if the full team is doing physical damage! And he was the key for many players to be able to farm NotB on auto! Also I love Clansman with his extra turns and the damage scaling and so many other great skills!

But you are absolutely right that the warrior class might be the one with the smallest number of overpowered characters and the fewest revivers, but as we know this can change with every tuning I am sure some will see some love in the future!
    Also I think warrior is the class where the damage almost exclusively relies on the "typical" stat for the respective class. Also this might change with some new chars and tunings.

Still, here an alphabetical list of warriors that have (some only "had") nice benefits imo (lower importance in brackets):
    - Allied soldier -> 6 hits, heal block & revive
    - AoF -> extra round (might be very helpful for newer players I think)
    (- ABB -> accuracy up)
    (- Beelze -> nice combo with Lilith, but only for PvE)
    - Crimson Dog -> spamming echo is real fun
    - Daedalus -> good synergies with all characters that burn, I've seen really crazy damage numbers!
    (- Death Dog -> good help in Gauntlet)
    (- Golden Son -> basic & power move attack all -> good farmer for newer players and/or without and before Lilith)
    - Hellhound -> 1st round immunity & attack up (would love to see a tuning here!)
    - Lilith -> great damage, good synergy with Beelze and some other burners & interesting damage scaling
    (- NboL -> was great before perfect immunity arrived (would love to see a tuning here!). Still cool and nice match with piercing Talis )
    - Pyro -> Assassin slots give great options & immunity+def+mr for 3! rounds
    - Ragna -> great passive & interesting damage scaling
    - Sekhmet (obvious)
    (- Nomad -> was one of the greatest damage dealers back in time)
    (- Troll -> Assassin slots give great options & shield at start)
    - Undead Rescuer -> block & steal & heal

So please have a heart for warriors
    Sorry for long post.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Nice one Blade! How could I forget the much coveted Daedalus! I remember the 1st time I came across him in the arena. Pretty much smashed me on his own... one day I'll get lucky and pull him from a soul!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviangers View Post
    This guantlet run is really making it apparent. Ive noticed before but it seems aside from Sekhmet (one of the best char in the game admittedly) and to a lesser extent lillith, very few are really worth using like anywhere. Clansman is good but not so much anymore, havent tried Phantom Eddie, so maybe that too

I mean lets just look at what theyve got:
    -No revives. At least to my knowledge. Its critical in todays game
    -Effectiveness entirely based on sharding, theyre damage dealers and hit like duds without it
    -Burns are *still* pretty weak despite how much theyve been buffed or given new uses, actually one the best burn characters is a sentinel, go figure.
    -Feast or famine: with how single turn wins are becoming less and less relevant today, angel of fear, child etc are just lame
    -Too many single targets, that are always outclassed by assassins. Plus the best red talis, thorn and explosion need the multi hit.
    -On that note, most the other talis suck, besides echo and redemption, with redemption being extremely rare until recently
    -Alexander is totally not worth the coins lmao
    I'm very happy with Alexander, valuable member of my last resort team ( with Sekmeth).
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Alexander is very much worth it. But I sort of agree...Warriors aren't what they use to be. But they're still good. The talismans are at the same level though, it's not underwhelming. Echo tals are still my favorite if we're not counting 6 sets. But there's still great warrior characters in the game, including eddies. Phantom eddie is amazing, usually I throw him and some other random warrior character like the nomad in gauntlet, and let his future basic sleep/vanish us to victory. Still, I hope they add more interesting warriors. I think they're throwing in the ultimate form of killer, which was a warrior sometime in the mega event (although i honestly prefer the regular assassin killer).

OS
    Android
    Dont forget the lowly sun spirit, can heal and block beneficial effect.
    Corrupt rescuers removal of beneficial effects helped me through the last warrior mission in the dungeon.
    Possessed rockets with valor can come be useful.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Trooper needs to buffed up. There is no more iconic Iron Maiden character and he should be a real badass

OS
    Android
    Yes I agree they used to be much more important theyve just grown weak lately