Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    IMO Set is a very bad choice for a blocker. Without Shroud can be easily killed by any gunner. With Shroud, can be killed as easily by multihitters. That's why I still haven't bought him even though I have the FC.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Knut-3112 View Post
    IMO Set is a very bad choice for a blocker. Without Shroud can be easily killed by any gunner. With Shroud, can be killed as easily by multihitters. That's why I still haven't bought him even though I have the FC.
    For the Arena he's not a good choice but he's very useful in the Gauntlet. You're gonna need blockers and you can choose a good matchup for him.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    Ok so I am close to 2100 frontier coins and should get to 2500 with the weekly/monthly rest and gauntlet rewards by Sunday. I need some help from fellow troopers deciding what to get. I am missing the following purchasable characters:

Bastion
    Wrath
    Assasin Lilith
    Aset
    Set
    Osiris
    Alexander

I am split between Osiris and Alexander. Osiris because he fits well in the current meta. Alexander because that 1 extra eddie (aka an extra milestone) in gauntlet. What would you do?

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    Ok so I am close to 2100 frontier coins and should get to 2500 with the weekly/monthly rest and gauntlet rewards by Sunday. I need some help from fellow troopers deciding what to get. I am missing the following purchasable characters:

Bastion
    Wrath
    Assasin Lilith
    Aset
    Set
    Osiris
    Alexander

I am split between Osiris and Alexander. Osiris because he fits well in the current meta. Alexander because that 1 extra eddie (aka an extra milestone) in gauntlet. What would you do?
    In my opinion, step 1 in that decision is to cross off all the characters that are obtainable by other means - Lilith, Wrath, Bastion. Beyond that, I'd probably save Set for later and decide between the other three.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Those are the 2 I would've suggested. Bastion and Wrath you can get through eternity and trooper fragments. Lilith through grinding lilith through grinding fragment events. Alex Ed is good to grind NOTB madness, you can even level moderately strong characters while doing it. And like you said, another Ed for gauntlet is a plus. Osiris, when paired with the right characters, is useful. His revive is great, as is his passive. I'd say Alex Ed because out of the 2 characters, I use him more.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    iOS
    The game is in a huge shift right now. Ferryman is going to become more prominent in the Arena which makes Alexander a viable candidate. Set was only slightly good as a blocker before Assassin Banshee. Now he is great for a blocker and his power move can shut down an opposing Killer Prime. I would avoid Lilith's and Eternal characters as they can be acquired by other means. Osiris is still seen in Arena and every other aspect of the game. Personally I would list

Alexander
    Osiris
    Set
    Aset (only because she cannot be gained through any other method other than FC. I personally don't even have her nor feel the want for her as there are much better healers)
    Assassin Lillith
    Wrath
    Bastion
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the input guys. Though I have listed bastion and other obtainable characters, I never intended to buy them with FC. just listed all the FC toons I was missing while I was at it lol.

Based on everyone’s input I can strike off set and aset for now, which leaves me with Alexander and Osiris.

@stormseye, can you please electorate on why Alexander fits well with ferryman? Also, I went against few defense teams with ferryman and felt him underwhelming. I think I am leaning more towards Osiris at the moment, so curious as to what alaxender might bring to the table with current meta before I decide.

Waffen-7837

OS
    iOS
    Alexander is completely immune to negative effects except for Prisoner's initial Disable Passive. He cannot be killed by the Ferryman Doom. Equipped with Domination talismans I have single handedly beat teams of 4 with just him alive. He can also serve in a utility capacity with the ability to remove Immunity and Invincibility. Many times I can use Pain and Glory, followed by Domination and then once the opponent has any negative effects on them I can steal any effects they have with Conqueror's Price. Hitting for 300k damage is also a nice perk.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Alexander is completely immune to negative effects except for Prisoner's initial Disable Passive. He cannot be killed by the Ferryman Doom. Equipped with Domination talismans I have single handedly beat teams of 4 with just him alive. He can also serve in a utility capacity with the ability to remove Immunity and Invincibility. Many times I can use Pain and Glory, followed by Domination and then once the opponent has any negative effects on them I can steal any effects they have with Conqueror's Price. Hitting for 300k damage is also a nice perk.
    I though you were referring to him being good alongside ferryman, not against him.
    But your explanation makes sense now. Thanks! Or should I say No Thanks, because I am back to the dilemma about who to get lol.

Anyways, I think I think alaxender is better for me long run so I’ll go with him this time around. Besides, frontier coins are fairly easy to get these days so I should probably have enough for Osiris in less than couple months anyways.

Waffen-7837

OS
    Android
    I'm up to 1400 frontier coins, should I make the push for 1500 to get Sekhmet/Aset/Horus or be patient and go for Set/Osiris? My goal is to advance a little more in Night City and start to improve my arena team. And which character of the ones I listed is optimal?
    Chris-3008