Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,758
    Someone can also find enjoyment while helping others. Not everyone can find the time to complete 200 arena victories against full teams. Allowing someone to earn the victories in a once per month event in a reasonable amount of time can be rewarding in itself. This may help keep a few players active in the game so they can progress further. For some the reward IC can be very beneficial in the rest of the game.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

  2. #42
    Senior Member Symbiote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Someone can also find enjoyment while helping others. Not everyone can find the time to complete 200 arena victories against full teams. Allowing someone to earn the victories in a once per month event in a reasonable amount of time can be rewarding in itself. This may help keep a few players active in the game so they can progress further. For some the reward IC can be very beneficial in the rest of the game.
    Yes yes yes!

    And working for it.., i mean.., it isn't reach the top 250 top 100 or so.. no it's just wins.., and in the lower levels it's just easy..,
    It just about time in this thing..,
    And why should be a game just working for it? Shouldn't it be fun? To forget a bit of work and the life?
    I mean i don't want to get gifted for nothing.., but it bit more of fun back instead of just grinding for something what needs sooo much time, but isn't really fun.
    Back in the beginning where long time goals like Grim Reaper Eddie, you could do it in your time, the more you play the faster you could work to it, but it wasn't that stressful..,
    Or with Night City! It's new, it's fresh it's really fun to play manual again, and you don't need to haste to achieve something for sure. That's what i like, but because of this ongoing Events i didn't played it for days, because there are all these Events..,
    Today i couldn't do my troopers because all day long i try to get the 200..,
    And it was for sure.., A bit more of things like this would be more enjoyable in my opinion. Back to the roots mixed ab with some less timeconsuming and too much events.

    That's my problem with it.
    But at least i really like the rewards.., iron coins are super nice to have to buy mehr relics.
    Last edited by Symbiote; 12-22-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    "If you don't want to listen, find out the hard way."

    But if everyone's gone it's too late...

  3. #43
    Senior Member kkkreg5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I guess many are merely accustomed to others handing them whatever they need in life rather than actually having to work for it.

    You'll generally find achievements mean more when they aren't handed to you.
    That's EXACTLY what it is! My whole life I've just been handed every single thing to me without having to work for it. Gimme a fucking break! Talk about needing to separate real life from a game. Take a look in the mirror buddy!
    kkkreg5-6767

    R. Garcia

    It never ends...

  4. #44
    Senior Member Amarthir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,358
    I usually set my defense as one Eddie simply because it's courteous to others. I can crack open 200 wins in a couple days just cuz I don't usually play arena and my ranking is low enough where I can auto win any team without even thinking. And I still like these events, especially now because of the iron coin income. Most of my relics are around 5 right now so I need all the iron coins I can get these days. Arena events with a net of 6k is an easy cash for me.

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    25
    The "Single Ed Defense" is stupid
    First and foremost is the fact not everyone is going to do it...just a small handful of people. Then there is the fact not every player belongs to a group, follows the forums or even the Official Facebook page so they're not going to even know about this even being a thing.

    And lets not forget about all the players that have walked away from the game and not deleted their accounts....their full teams are still there winning and loosing. Or the very causal players who don't play enough to even be bothered by any of this.

    All this is a cop-out for those to lazy to put in the time and effort, to grind their asses off building a couple good arena teams. Or to lazy to take a few minutes kicking a full teams ass.

    A LOT of players fighting full teams still make the event goals...of which I am one.
    The fact is this is becoming less and less a thing because players are waking up to the fact its a complete waste of time, that not enough people are EVER going to do it. Then to is the simple fact nobody makes it easier for those players putting in the time and effort making the top ranks, building good teams...so why then should everyone else make it easier for those to lazy to put in the effort to hit event goals.

    Then there is the last fact....those that go on and on about the "Single Ed Defense" are to open about all this....and what does that tell you ? IF this was to actually become a serious thing for everyone to benefit from...everyone can reset assured they would "FIX" it so that everyone couldn't exploit this work-around.

    So stop complaining about not enough players are making it easier for you, put in the time and effort and get it done

  6. #46
    Senior Member Tim28213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Charlotte, NC USA
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    303
    I run a single Ed for several reasons. I don't care if anyone else does or not.
    The rewards in the arena are simply not worth it for me to care after playing the game this long.
    I do not enjoy the extremely repetitive teams in the top 100. I can complete there, I just don't want to.
    Running a single Ed means I drop down in the ranks and get to see and play a variety of teams which I enjoy. I don't want to be stuck at the top with a power defense.
    During sacrifice events I find it fun to sac a ton of 1*-2* characters and build up SoW. I'll run through 30-60 arena battles and climb to the top 100-200 then ignore arena a while. The run is fun, seeing how many wins I can get in a row, but I have no desire to hold that position so I don't mind people getting an easy win off me to push me back down.
    Before relics became a required aspect of the game I didn't do much in arena. All I really want is my ICs so I can get relics and move on with the parts of the game I enjoy more. I've been really pleased that they adjusted the Gauntlet rewards so I can get my IC fix there instead of arena.
    I only play arena when an event is on or when I finally get stuck in Gauntlet.
    I rarely run into other single Ed defenses anymore. They seem to be fewer and farther between. I don't care, I win the event goals easily enough, but I've been playing long enough to have a ton of relics and the majority of characters. Others may be looking for an easier time of it, I don't know.
    If it helps a newer player get closer to a goal that's great. If it gives a senior player an easy win that's great too.

    A single Ed is not necessarily "stupid". Sometimes it's simply a choice to play differently.
    Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

  7. #47
    Senior Member Fudjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    I usually set my defense as one Eddie simply because it's courteous to others. I can crack open 200 wins in a couple days just cuz I don't usually play arena and my ranking is low enough where I can auto win any team without even thinking. And I still like these events, especially now because of the iron coin income. Most of my relics are around 5 right now so I need all the iron coins I can get these days. Arena events with a net of 6k is an easy cash for me.
    I'm one of the players who benefitted hugely from the Gold and Crimson sacrifice event. I would feel like an ass if I didn't pay it forward, so I set a friendly defense.
    Satan81-5023

  8. #48
    Senior Member Symbiote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    283
    And again.., the third week.., were i hadn't the time to grind this Arena Thingy.., and now i wasted all the time today to try to achieve the 200..,
    But it's the third week in a row.., were i will stuck at 190-199 Wins.., that's so.., damn it..,

    And btw. that's the point of the one Eddie Defense.., if 50-70% of the players would do this at these Arena Events it would be sooo easy for people who don't have the time to do Arena all the time..,
    If you grind and get to the <250 it get's hard.., and it uses a lot of time..,

    I will never like Arena Events.. :/
    Last edited by Symbiote; 12-22-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    "If you don't want to listen, find out the hard way."

    But if everyone's gone it's too late...

  9. #49
    Senior Member Symbiote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxphantomfreakxxx View Post
    IF this was to actually become a serious thing for everyone to benefit from...everyone can reset assured they would "FIX" it so that everyone couldn't exploit this work-around.

    If they would do this, that everyone is forced to win against full teams, then they really would not understand, that some players just do this, just to help out other because it is sooooo time consuming.., and it really is..,
    This Game should be about fun to play and not to think.., oh i have to work in this game..,

    This isn't really challenging, it is just pure stress.

    I gave up at 185.., it isn't doable before the reset..,
    Last edited by Symbiote; 12-22-2018 at 11:37 PM.
    "If you don't want to listen, find out the hard way."

    But if everyone's gone it's too late...

  10. #50
    Senior Member Waffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxphantomfreakxxx View Post
    The "Single Ed Defense" is stupid
    First and foremost is the fact not everyone is going to do it...just a small handful of people. Then there is the fact not every player belongs to a group, follows the forums or even the Official Facebook page so they're not going to even know about this even being a thing.

    And lets not forget about all the players that have walked away from the game and not deleted their accounts....their full teams are still there winning and loosing. Or the very causal players who don't play enough to even be bothered by any of this.

    All this is a cop-out for those to lazy to put in the time and effort, to grind their asses off building a couple good arena teams. Or to lazy to take a few minutes kicking a full teams ass.

    A LOT of players fighting full teams still make the event goals...of which I am one.
    The fact is this is becoming less and less a thing because players are waking up to the fact its a complete waste of time, that not enough people are EVER going to do it. Then to is the simple fact nobody makes it easier for those players putting in the time and effort making the top ranks, building good teams...so why then should everyone else make it easier for those to lazy to put in the effort to hit event goals.

    Then there is the last fact....those that go on and on about the "Single Ed Defense" are to open about all this....and what does that tell you ? IF this was to actually become a serious thing for everyone to benefit from...everyone can reset assured they would "FIX" it so that everyone couldn't exploit this work-around.

    So stop complaining about not enough players are making it easier for you, put in the time and effort and get it done
    I won 324 arena matches this events and I would say only about 50 of them are lone eddies. So before you say anything I am not lazy. My defense is a lone Eddie and I am still ranked at 142, about 5 mins ago.

    Let’s talk about the time it takes to complete 200 arena matches against full team. For me it took about 7-10 minutes including the loading screen and everything. Probably because of lack of OP talisman and characters and of course relics. Anyways, that’s 200 * 6 minutes average = 20 hours!!! That’s almost 3 hours of arena everyday for 7 days.

    While me, you and a handful of players were able to find the time to do it not everyone can pull that off. The players (new players) that need the rewards the most certainly won’t be able to do it without the relics. And guess what, they have to do it to get the relics lol.

    And you are wondering why a lot of players are leaving? Don’t you think it’s obvious?

    Anyways, if you are not gonna put up a weak defense, no one is making you do it dude. Again, this is only for people who are willing to help others. I did what I could to help and just trying to find more people to help newer players in the community. Take it easy man.
    ..................................................

    Waffen-7837

    I play all my troopers everyday!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •