I do not think there is any built in reason for past, present or future powers to be stronger than the next - I thin thew differences are in how they are used and what they get their hit from. Some are to do with the base stats alone while others feed off that plus base def or attack stats, mr or hp or some other buff on the character. In the early days I started to succeed more when I played to each characters dominance over another colour - I had not noted this early on that reds hit greens harder and greens hit blues harder etc so that is also important. Your tallies seem decent for the CR - I used him a lot in the first few months I played but that was over two years ago and a lot has changed since then. CR could do with an update to his powers and skills I think...always loved his Fury move though....

In terms of others stuff - farm as much as you can. Upgrade as much as you can but take care on what tallies you upgrade as they take a lot of time and resources to level up. Also, focus on the synergies that Wyphy mentioned. Early on a went with a full red team as I had a rocket dog and wickerman with my Samurai - they worked well together for me. My back up characters to that team were also mostly red. I then built up a blue team, green team ands so on so that I could get further in Lord of Light. Getting your teams to a stage where you can safely complete LOL X level on auto is a bit of a watershed moment as you can then hit upgrades quicker. Same goes for Brave New World - focus on the teams that will do you well in several areas if you can. For example if you have a six set of tallies have a few characters they can go on if you can or if you have a maxed set of tallies make sure that can swap to a few characters - destiny for example or echo, that sort of thing as they can really help over and above the more standard tallies (though they are stil important).

Hope that helps a little but do ask more questions on anything and I am sure one of us wil chime in.

Cheers