OS
    Android

Gold Price for Using Souls?

I just wanted to see what people thought about having to spend gold to summon characters with souls. To me, it seems fairly arbitrary as well as pretty expensive. I came back to the game a month or 2 ago and had about 11 million gold saved up. In just 2 weeks, I had burned through all of that on new characters alone -- I haven't levelled up many talismans and nearly all characters went into the sacrificial pit, so not much gold was spent on level-ups. Does anyone else feel like this should be gotten rid of, or at least the price be scaled down somewhat?
    Where I go, I do not know
    I only know the place I've been
    Like the eagle and the dove, flying so high on wings above
    When all you see can only bring you sadness
    Tell me what you can hear and then tell me what you see
    Everybody has a different way to view the world
    Somewhere there's someone dying in a foreign land
    Meanwhile the world is crying, "stupidity of man!"
    You tell me you're an unbeliever
    Spiritualist?
    Well me, I'm neither

OS
    Android
    Absolutely. I think it's very pointless. I hold back on leveling talismans and characters simply because it costs so much to summon. I've played a couple other similar mobile games in the past and don't recall having a cost tied to summoning. If there was, it was a low cost since I don't remember.

OS
    Android
    The cost of summoning some of the souls is way too high. With big sacrifice events like the current snow event, I just watch my gold reserves slowly vanish the more I summon.

I've sold some of my souls before, but that usually doesn't get much cash.

I am thinking of keeping a lot of these snow fragments till right at the end of the event and just converting them into precious soul fragments (then precious souls) so I have a chance of getting some golden skulls I can sell for cash.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    Been playing from the start and for quite awhile I’ve seen an arbitrary increase in all areas of the game, and while it might sound like conspiracy theory nonsense, I swear things like SoT and the lot don’t regenerate like they use too, despite there being a timer saying otherwise. Regardless, I’ve spent quite a bit of money in the past two months because I have been enjoying the time I spend playing, and it’s worth helping them out. But there’s a fine line for them on how much they push the pay to win agenda with all these talismans, and sub characters, and relics, and it goes on and on.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    Yes, I was also wondering about it - why is there a gold cost when summoning souls? How can that be explained within the game universe? Is there some super shaman / witch / whatever that charges us gold for every soul that he/she helps in summoning? Or is it an offering for some ancient being / dark god?
    I don't really have a problem with the gold cost itself (although the snowmen are too expensive, indeed), I usually have sufficient reserves stored, but I would like to have some explanation why it's needed for summoning at all.

OS
    Android
    I spended more than 15M only for this event ... except buyin' Prime Killer, the cost ain't worth
    Actual Champion : Mystic Flame

Only missing :

kgk56-6386

_____________| CLAN |______________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I have spent well over 40-50M gold each on this and the last big sac event - it is the thing that stops me in the end every time. I am not sure why it costs either but it does and it is a pain as it stops me doing anything much at all and I wil nto pay for gold with cash as it can be farmed. They should figure out a way to route payments - if a player buys real money stuff each month then they have no in game gold costs for summoning maybe? I am sure there are things they could do.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    .... They should figure out a way to route payments - if a player buys real money stuff each month then they have no in game gold costs for summoning maybe? ...
    If they did that, I would actually make my first in-game purchase. I'm all for supporting the game, but not when the game is set up to be an annoying grind whether you pay for it or not.
    Where I go, I do not know
    I only know the place I've been
    Like the eagle and the dove, flying so high on wings above
    When all you see can only bring you sadness
    Tell me what you can hear and then tell me what you see
    Everybody has a different way to view the world
    Somewhere there's someone dying in a foreign land
    Meanwhile the world is crying, "stupidity of man!"
    You tell me you're an unbeliever
    Spiritualist?
    Well me, I'm neither

That's funny... I was just wondering where the hell all my gold was going. I've been paying since day 1 and got to the point that I had so much gold that I didn't even keep track of it. Than I noticed the other day that I was down about half what I thought I should have. Either the price went up on things or I've been sacrificing and leveling up way too much. I know I did a ton of Talisman upgrades lately for gauntlet so I wouldn't have to keep swapping them from on character to another, so maybe that's where it went.
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...